• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Will this be the year of Pterostilbene overtaking Resveratrol as the best overall anti-aging supplement?

pterostilbene resveratrol

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 LucidMind

• 49 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:33 AM

There are numerous pubmed studies citing Pterostilbene (a resveratrol analog) as having much higher bioavailability and efficacy than resveratrol. How much longer will it take for supplement manufacturers to notice and rev up production of Pterostilbene in a more potent form. Jarrow's version is only 50 mg per capsule.

See these PubMed studies (just a small sample):

Low-dose pterostilbene, but not resveratrol, is a potent neuromodulator in aging and Alzheimer's disease.
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/21982274

Protective effect of Pterostilbene against free radical mediated oxidative damage.
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/24070177

A review of pterostilbene antioxidant activity and disease modification.
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/23691264

Pterostilbene as a Potential Novel Telomerase Inhibitor: Molecular Docking Studies and its In Vitro Evaluation.
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/24433502

#2 abelard lindsay

• 873 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:40 PM

It's also a PDE4D inhibitor... CILTEP's MOA appears once again...

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/23871879

The molecular basis for the inhibition of phosphodiesterase-4D by three natural resveratrol analogs. Isolation, molecular docking, molecular dynamics simulations, binding free energy, and bioassay.

Zhao P1, Chen SK, Cai YH, Lu X, Li Z, Cheng YK, Zhang C, Hu X, He X, Luo HB.

Author information

Abstract

The phosphodiesterase-4 (PDE4) enzyme is a promising therapeutic target for several diseases. Our previous studies found resveratrol and moracin M to be natural PDE4 inhibitors. In the present study, three natural resveratrol analogs [pterostilbene, (E)-2',3,5',5-tetrahydroxystilbene (THSB), and oxyresveratrol] are structurally related to resveratrol and moracin M, but their inhibition and mechanism against PDE4 are still unclear. A combined method consisting of molecular docking, molecular dynamics (MD) simulations, binding free energy, and bioassay was performed to better understand their inhibitory mechanism. The binding pattern of pterostilbene demonstrates that it involves hydrophobic/aromatic interactions with Phe340 and Phe372, and forms hydrogen bond(s) with His160 and Gln369 in the active site pocket. The present work also reveals that oxyresveratrol and THSB can bind to PDE4D and exhibits less negative predicted binding free energies than pterostilbene, which was qualitatively validated by bioassay (IC50=96.6, 36.1, and 27.0μM, respectively). Additionally, a linear correlation (R(2)=0.953) is achieved for five PDE4D/ligand complexes between the predicted binding free energies and the experimental counterparts approximately estimated from their IC50 values (≈RT ln IC50). Our results imply that hydrophobic/aromatic forces are the primary factors in explaining the mechanism of inhibition by the three products. Results of the study help to understand the inhibitory mechanism of the three natural products, and thus help the discovery of novel PDE4 inhibitors from resveratrol, moracin M, and other natural products.

© 2013.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Castiel

• 374 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:14 AM

I've not looked too deeply into pterostilbene, but some claim it's actions are downstream from resveratrols actions and that it complements resveratrol rather than replaces it.
  • like x 1

#4 Bateau

• 165 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:34 PM

Neither Resveratrol or Pterostilbene are great candidates for the best "anti-aging" supplements.

When it comes to real-life effects (a.k.a. evidence) in humans, all stilbenoids (res and ptero included) are way behind the more potent AMPK activators like Berberine and Gynostemma. Even basic supps like quercetin seem to give resveratrol a run for its money, (PDE Inhibition, increasing cAMP & AMPK, greater bioavailability, cheaper, etc.). I've always scratched my head as to why resveratrol got the limelight it has.
  • Needs references x 1

#5 medicineman

• 750 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:52 PM

Sirt active supplements are overhyped, and to be honest, I haven't seen solid evidence.

NAD enhancement is where it's at. I think Niacinamide Riboside and similar agents is where the money at.
  • like x 2

#6 brendan1

• 65 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

Is this the same thing as Niacinimide Riboside?

http://www.vitacost....CFW1nOgodaEoAYg

#7 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:31 PM

I've always scratched my head as to why resveratrol got the limelight it has.

I think it's mainly due to the "French Paradox" theory that wine causes a decrease in heart disease. Since Resveratrol is found in red grapes, it was put forward as one possible explanation for why French people eat lots of cheese, which have lots of cholesterol and so-called "bad fats", and yet don't have an increased incidence of heart disease. Then some science team did a test with Yeast and found they live longer (nevermind that these were wine-making yeast, so of course they would live longer in the presence of grape juice). The study wasn't really ever replicated to my knowledge, and tests of Resveratrol on other types of creatures in-vivo hardly ever show anything very drastic. In-Vitro it does seem to have effects, but they're never really replicated in the living organisms.

The actual solution to the French Paradox is likely just that what we see as "bad fat" isn't really so, and doesn't cause heart disease like we think it does. In other words, the theory of bad-fats and heart disease is wrong, therefore causing this seeming paradox.

#8 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:01 PM

Sirt active supplements are overhyped, and to be honest, I haven't seen solid evidence.

NAD enhancement is where it's at. I think Niacinamide Riboside and similar agents is where the money at.

I think that Sirt 1 activators to the extent that they exist ( srt1720 ), and supplements like nicotinamide riboside are complementary.
  • like x 2

#9 medicineman

• 750 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:49 PM

Yes. But the problem is the dose. And another is, will NR bypass the GI intact or will it just become Niacinamide?

There was a nice study on nature on NR reversing age related sarcopenia in mice. Look it up if you're interested.

#10 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:49 PM

too bad i didnt save the url but i read a negative effect on pterostilbene in high doses enough to be potent. not sure rasveratrol or pterostilbene are good stuff in high doses and long term but people keep discussing and taking rasveratrol, it even has its own section of the forum *shrugs*

#11 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:21 PM

Yes. But the problem is the dose. And another is, will NR bypass the GI intact or will it just become Niacinamide?

There was a nice study on nature on NR reversing age related sarcopenia in mice. Look it up if you're interested.

Actually niacinanmide is different from nicotinamide riboside. It also activates Sirt1, probably more than pterostilbene or resveratrol.
" Because current data suggest that nicotinamide riboside may be the only vitamin precursor that supports neuronal NAD+ synthesis, we present prospects for human nicotinamide riboside supplementation and propose areas for future research."
http://www.annualrev...8.061807.155443
"We show that NR supplementation in mammalian cells and mouse tissues increases NAD+ levels and activates SIRT1 and SIRT3, culminating in enhanced oxidative metabolism and protection against high-fat diet-induced metabolic abnormalities."
http://www.cell.com/...550413112001921
Regarding its metabolism and conversion to niacinamide
Recent work investigating the effects of nicotinamide riboside in yeast and mammals established that it is metabolized by at least two types of metabolic pathways. The first of these is degradative and produces nicotinamide. The second pathway involves kinases called nicotinamide riboside kinases (Nrk1 and Nrk2, in humans). The likely involvement of the kinase pathway is implicated in the unique effects of nicotinamide riboside in raising tissue NAD+ concentrations in rodents and for potent effects in eliciting insulin sensitivity, mitochondrial biogenesis, and enhancement of sirtuin functions. Additional studies with nicotinamide riboside in models of Alzheimer's disease indicate bioavailability to brain and protective effects, likely by stimulation of brain NAD+ synthesis."
http://journals.lww....n_foods,.9.aspx

#12 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:06 PM

isnt nicotinamide riboside still research chemical not available as supplement to the general population ?

#13 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:21 PM

isnt nicotinamide riboside still research chemical not available as supplement to the general population ?

https://www.chromade...nts/NIAGEN.html

#14 LucidMind

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

I've always scratched my head as to why resveratrol got the limelight it has.

I think it's mainly due to the "French Paradox" theory that wine causes a decrease in heart disease. Since Resveratrol is found in red grapes, it was put forward as one possible explanation for why French people eat lots of cheese, which have lots of cholesterol and so-called "bad fats", and yet don't have an increased incidence of heart disease. Then some science team did a test with Yeast and found they live longer (nevermind that these were wine-making yeast, so of course they would live longer in the presence of grape juice). The study wasn't really ever replicated to my knowledge, and tests of Resveratrol on other types of creatures in-vivo hardly ever show anything very drastic. In-Vitro it does seem to have effects, but they're never really replicated in the living organisms.

The actual solution to the French Paradox is likely just that what we see as "bad fat" isn't really so, and doesn't cause heart disease like we think it does. In other words, the theory of bad-fats and heart disease is wrong, therefore causing this seeming paradox.

Well the French Paradox might not be much of a Paradox. I think the main reason that the French don't have issues with their relatively high fat diet is due to portion control. The portions they eat in France are regular normal portions; no super-size crap. I do think wine has health benefits, but I think the resveratrol specifically in red wine may be overstated. I know there have been studies that have shown that alcohol in itself has health benefits independent of the resveratrol.

#15 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:52 AM

This is a new product that combines pterostilbene with astragalus root extracts, theanine and some herbs. It claims to support stem cells, telomeres and extend life of fruit flies
The promo page contained references for 46 studies, but none referencing the fruit fly study that supposedly showed that it extended life of the flies.....
http://www.lifecoder.../stem-cell-100/
And Anthony is selling it....ironic since he claimed on longevity a few years ago that pterostilbene was resveratrol's insignificant cousin....
http://www.revgeneti...re-support.aspx

#16 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:15 AM

This is a new product that combines pterostilbene with astragalus root extracts, theanine and some herbs. It claims to support stem cells, telomeres and extend life of fruit flies
The promo page contained references for 46 studies, but none referencing the fruit fly study that supposedly showed that it extended life of the flies.....
http://www.lifecoder.../stem-cell-100/
And Anthony is selling it....ironic since he claimed on longevity a few years ago that pterostilbene was resveratrol's insignificant cousin....
http://www.revgeneti...re-support.aspx

So a telomerase inhibitor and a telomerase activator in the same formulation. How does that work?

#17 arran777

• 9 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:05 AM

Neither Resveratrol or Pterostilbene are great candidates for the best "anti-aging" supplements.

When it comes to real-life effects (a.k.a. evidence) in humans, all stilbenoids (res and ptero included) are way behind the more potent AMPK activators like Berberine and Gynostemma.

Glad you mentioned Gynostemma thank you. I decided to try Gynostemma after seeing it locally available in my country. I drink it as a tea and only after a couple of days the benefits I feel are quite impressive. I think it must work some how on the cells mitochondria because it gives me similar effects to when I take Magnesium and ubiquinol.

I get mine from
http://www.eternalde...ic-gynomstemma/

Edited by arran777, 03 November 2014 - 09:06 AM.

• like x 1
  • Informative x 1

#18 Bateau

• 165 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:52 AM

It's pretty dang tasty for a tea isn't it?

Upon further research the main mechanism behind many of the "metabolic" benefits of gynostemma seem to be around PTP1B inhibition and the ability to induce the production of a variety of endogenous antioxidants with SOD seeming to have the most significant increase, also seems to have some rather protective and regenerative effects on dopaminergic neurons. AMPK activation only seems to happen after gynostemma has been heat treated (e.g. boiled) for several hours to create the AMPK activating gypenosides Damulin A and B. Really an awesome plant.

• like x 1

#19 arran777

• 9 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 08:31 AM

Upon further research the main mechanism behind many of the "metabolic" benefits of gynostemma seem to be around PTP1B inhibition and the ability to induce the production of a variety of endogenous antioxidants with SOD seeming to have the most significant increase, also seems to have some rather protective and regenerative effects on dopaminergic neurons. AMPK activation only seems to happen after gynostemma has been heat treated (e.g. boiled) for several hours to create the AMPK activating gypenosides Damulin A and B. Really an awesome plant.

I know you said Resveratrol doesn't come close to gynostemma. But could gynostemma benifit from Resveratrol along side as a delvery mechanism since it is a natural blood thinner and increases blood flow to the brain.  gynostemma taken with Resveratrol should benifit the dopaminergic neurons in the brain even more.

#20 Bateau

• 165 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:16 PM

I know you said Resveratrol doesn't come close to gynostemma. But could gynostemma benifit from Resveratrol along side as a delvery mechanism since it is a natural blood thinner and increases blood flow to the brain.  gynostemma taken with Resveratrol should benifit the dopaminergic neurons in the brain even more.

the benefits of gynostemma and resveratrol should be additive, so supplementing together should be good. This is not the case with berberine and resveratrol, since the most upstream MoA for resveratrol seems to be PDE4 inhibition and berberine actually increases the amount of PDE4, literally having direct opposing effects.

I should have clarified my claim that gynostemma is better than resveratrol a bit further. I meant this for people with some level of insulin resistance/metabolic syndrome, which is at least 50% of the American population. Gynostemmas ptp1b inhibition is a very promising MoA for fighting metabolic syndrome and so far human trials are confirming the potential behind it. When it comes to healthy people without insulin resistance/metabolic syndrome, I really have no idea which probably carries more benefit, but I'd say berberine looks more promising than either.

Edited by Bateau, 10 November 2014 - 03:18 PM.

• like x 1

#21 Vastmandana

• 123 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:03 AM

gynostemma.... growable:

nice youtube:  

As a gardener, with an urban farm... gonna get this going!

btw, another vid... 

Edited by Vastmandana, 11 November 2014 - 02:18 AM.

#22 brendan1

• 65 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:48 AM

ChromaDex Announces Two Patent Issuances for Novel Ingredient, Pterostilbene

RVINE, Calif., Nov. 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office has granted patent #8,809,400 B2 (referred to as the '400 patent) and #8,841,350 B2 (referred to as the '350 patent) pertaining to the ingredient pterostilbene, both of which are licensed exclusively to ChromaDex Corp. (OTCQX: CDXC), an innovative natural products company that provides proprietary ingredients and science-based solutions to the dietary supplement, food and beverage, animal health, cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries. These are the second and third ChromaDex-held patents issued for pterostilbene and several additional patents are pending.

The '400 patent, entitled "Method to Ameliorate Oxidative Stress and Improve Working Memory Via Pterostilbene Administration," relates to a method of using pterostilbene to forestall, prevent and reverse the effects of neuronal and behavioral aging and the development of neurodegenerative diseases. Specifically, pterostilbene is shown in research studies to be effective in reversing motor deficits and working memory of subjects. The patent application was initially filed in August 2011 by the U. S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). Subsequently, ChromaDex was granted an exclusive worldwide license to all rights of the pterostilbene patent from the University of Mississippi and the Agricultural Research Service (ARS), which is USDA's principal intramural scientific research agency. The term of the license is up to and including the expiration of various pterostilbene patents and pending patents held by the licensors.

Dr. Agnes Rimando, co-inventor of the patent, first encountered pterostilbene when she was a graduate student at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Dr. Rimando is a research chemist with the USDA-ARS Natural Products Utilization Research Unit, housed in the University of Mississippi Thad Cochran Research Center. Dr. Rimando's pterostilbene studies led to the discovery of its presence in blueberries, as well as the finding that the ingredient activates a protein involved in fatty acid metabolism. Additional co-inventors of the '400 patent are Dr. James Joseph (deceased) and Dr. Barbara Shukitt-Hale, who is with the Neuroscience and Aging Laboratory at the Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University.

The '350 patent relates to a method of administering an effective amount of pterostilbene to a subject in order to suppress or prevent the progression of a precancerous disease (associated with photodamage to the skin) to non-melanoma skin cancer by inducing UDP-glucuronosyltransferase (UGT) activity. UGT is an enzyme responsible for the process of glucuronidation, which changes unwanted compounds into a more water-soluble version to allow for easier elimination from the body. It is known that UGTs prevent melanoma invasiveness by eliminating toxic compounds and are lost during melanoma progression.

The University of California Irvine (UCI) and ChromaDex jointly filed this pterostilbene patent application in May 2012 and, subsequently, ChromaDex was granted an exclusive worldwide license to all rights in the patent. The term of the license is up to and including the expiration of various pterostilbene patents and patents pending held by the licensors. Co-inventor of the '350 patent, Dr. Ryan Dellinger – who now holds the position of Director, Scientific Affairs at ChromaDex – performed the patent research while previously employed as Assistant Project Scientist in the Department of Medicine at UCI.  Dr. Dellinger focused his research on how the use of natural compounds could mitigate UV mediated skin disorders. 

A short video of Dr. Frank Meyskens, Professor of Medicine, Biological Chemistry, Public Health and Epidemiology at UCI, speaking about the pterostilbene research can be viewed at: http://investors.chr...rol-investorKit.

ChromaDex's proprietary pterostilbene, branded as pTeroPure®, was named the 2010 North American Most Promising Ingredient of the Year by the independent research company Frost & Sullivan. A phase 2/3 clinical study of pTeroPure® published in 2012 showed statistically significant results for its ability to lower blood pressure without any serious adverse side effects. ChromaDex launched pTeroPure® in 2010 and today, more than 40 consumer products containing pTeroPure® are on the market.

Pterostilbene has superior biological activity, better oral bioavailability and metabolizes more slowly in the body than other polyphenols, like resveratrol, allowing more time for its antioxidant activities to act. Along with a number of other effects, pterostilbene has shown great promise for supporting cardiovascular health, cognitive function and anti-aging.

About ChromaDex:
ChromaDex is an innovative natural products company that discovers, acquires, develops and commercializes proprietary-based ingredient technologies through its unique business model that utilizes its wholly owned synergistic business units, including ingredient technologies, natural product fine chemicals (known as "phytochemicals"), chemistry and analytical testing services, and product regulatory and safety consulting (as Spherix Consulting). The company provides seamless science-based solutions to the nutritional supplement, food and beverage, animal health, cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries. The ChromaDex ingredient technologies unit includes products backed with extensive scientific research and intellectual property. Its ingredient portfolio includes pTeroPure® pterostilbene; ProC3G®, a natural black rice containing cyanidin-3-glucoside; PURENERGY™, a caffeine-pTeroPure® cocrystal; and NIAGEN™, its recently launched branded nicotinamide riboside, a potent NAD+ booster and novel next-generation B vitamin. To learn more about ChromaDex, visit www.chromadex.com.

About the University of Mississippi, Oxford:
The University of Mississippi, the flagship university for the state of Mississippi, opened in 1848. It offers nationally recognized programs across a broad range of undergraduate and graduate studies, from medicine and law to creative writing and accountancy. With more than 23,000 students, Ole Miss is the state's largest university, and the Chronicle of Higher Education named it as the nation's 13th-fastest growing university in its Almanac of Higher Education 2014. The university has a diverse student body (23.8 percent of students are ethnic minorities) representing all 50 states and 92 countries. It has been ranked as one of America's best college values by Kiplinger's Personal Finance and one of the best places to work by the Chronicle of Higher Education.

About the University of California, Irvine: Located in coastal Orange County, near a thriving high-tech hub in one of the nation's safest cities, UC Irvine was founded in 1965. One of only 62 members of the Association of American Universities, it's ranked first among U.S. universities under 50 years old by the London-based Times Higher Education. The campus has produced three Nobel laureates and is known for its academic achievement, premier research, innovation and anteater mascot. UC Irvine has more than 28,000 students and offers 192 degree programs. It's Orange County's second-largest employer, contributing $4.3 billion annually to the local economy.

Forward-Looking Statements:
This release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. Statements that are not a description of historical facts constitute forward-looking statements and may often, but not always, be identified by the use of such words as "expects," "anticipates," "intends," "estimates," "plans," "potential," "possible," "probable," "believes," "seeks," "may," "will," "should," "could" or the negative of such terms or other similar expressions. Actual results may differ materially from those set forth in this release due to the risks and uncertainties inherent in the Company's business. More detailed information about the Company and the risk factors that may affect the realization of forward-looking statements is set forth in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2013, the Company's Quarter Reports on Form 10-Q and other filings submitted by the Company to the SEC, copies of which may be obtained from the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. All forward-looking statements are qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement and the Company undertakes no obligation to revise or update this release to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof.

ChromaDex Media Inquiries:                                               
Beckerman PR                                                                        
Jerry Schranz                                                                           
201-465-8020                                                                           
jschranz@beckermanpr.com

ChromaDex Company Contact:
Laura Kelly, Executive Assistant
949-419-0288
laurak@chromadex.com

Statements in this press release have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.  Products or ingredients are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswir...-300000134.html

SOURCE ChromaDex Corp.

http://money.cnn.com...ire/NY74431.htm

#23 AlexCanada

• 263 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:34 AM

Guys is Pterostilbene and Blueberry extract associated with similar side effects as resveratrol?  I been having some joint pains or something (difficult to describe). Pains and soreness in various parts of my arm and lot of dryness on my shoulders and arms and other parts of my body.  I wonder if this is from Pterosilbene + Blueberry extract?            Possibly unrelated because I been having some on and off joint pains as I been using glutathione for detox. 

Is Ptero safe for someone with very low testosterone, low estrogen, hypothyroid, low cortisol, prone to fungal infections, and possibly auto-immune/viral issues?   Please let me know because Ptero is able to improve wakefulness and sometimes clarity of thought. Not as much as Resveratrol for me which had miraculous pro-cognitive effects but could not continue due to severe wrinkles forming around eyes and immense joint pains.  I feel if I continued it would end up eventually destroying my body. The wrinkles have not gone away.     

#24 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 February 2016 - 09:57 PM

Guys is Pterostilbene and Blueberry extract associated with similar side effects as resveratrol?  I been having some joint pains or something (difficult to describe). Pains and soreness in various parts of my arm and lot of dryness on my shoulders and arms and other parts of my body.  I wonder if this is from Pterosilbene + Blueberry extract?            Possibly unrelated because I been having some on and off joint pains as I been using glutathione for detox. 

Is Ptero safe for someone with very low testosterone, low estrogen, hypothyroid, low cortisol, prone to fungal infections, and possibly auto-immune/viral issues?   Please let me know because Ptero is able to improve wakefulness and sometimes clarity of thought. Not as much as Resveratrol for me which had miraculous pro-cognitive effects but could not continue due to severe wrinkles forming around eyes and immense joint pains.  I feel if I continued it would end up eventually destroying my body. The wrinkles have not gone away.     

Joint pain from R is often fixed with Vit D3.
I think it may be due to a pathogen that is a NAD+ or co factor auxotroph.
ie: a bug that cant make it own NAD+ but gets it from the host...
Candida is one.

Synergistic induction of human cathelicidin antimicrobial peptide gene expression by vitamin D and stilbenoids.

http://www.longecity...ndpost&p=724741

Note that the virii you can't get a inoculation shot for are all lipid coated.
CMV, (the immune sys killer) HSV, EBV, HIV etc.
This disguises the virus as a nutrient to the immune sys and to cells enabling it to evade the 1st and to dock with and infect cells, turning them into virus factories...

Now imagine you can strip the lipid layer away...
This would expose them to the immune sys which would then kill them.
The immune sys could also take its sweet time doing so as the virii, unable to dock with cells, would just float about ineffectually.

Googlesitesearch in the search dropdown menu: (top right)

VCO, BHT, virus

Note that VCO has a similar effect on a good many bacteria (Candida Included)

As the above only exposed the pathogen to the immune sys; yu might consider boosting the immune sys with Astragalus,  OLE etc on top of the D3.

Also search

gut, probiotics, prebiotics, mental health, leaky gut

Your gut separates you from certain death by septicemia and becomes more and more permeable with age.

Fix it.

#25 AlexCanada

• 263 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 February 2016 - 08:18 AM

Joint pain from R is often fixed with Vit D3.
I think it may be due to a pathogen that is a NAD+ or co factor auxotroph.
ie: a bug that cant make it own NAD+ but gets it from the host...
Candida is one.

Synergistic induction of human cathelicidin antimicrobial peptide gene expression by vitamin D and stilbenoids.

http://www.longecity...ndpost&p=724741

Note that the virii you can't get a inoculation shot for are all lipid coated.
CMV, (the immune sys killer) HSV, EBV, HIV etc.
This disguises the virus as a nutrient to the immune sys and to cells enabling it to evade the 1st and to dock with and infect cells, turning them into virus factories...

Now imagine you can strip the lipid layer away...
This would expose them to the immune sys which would then kill them.
The immune sys could also take its sweet time doing so as the virii, unable to dock with cells, would just float about ineffectually.

Googlesitesearch in the search dropdown menu: (top right)

VCO, BHT, virus

Note that VCO has a similar effect on a good many bacteria (Candida Included)

As the above only exposed the pathogen to the immune sys; yu might consider boosting the immune sys with Astragalus,  OLE etc on top of the D3.

Also search

gut, probiotics, prebiotics, mental health, leaky gut

Your gut separates you from certain death by septicemia and becomes more and more permeable with age.

Fix it.

Thank you for the information. I been having long suspected Candida issues as my larger list of symptoms would match almost entirely. And all anti-fungals produce dysphoric die off effects in me.  Underlying viruses are a concern too btw.  

I took some slightly expired Ptero+blueberry extract sublingual today and initial libido boost was profound when taken near my low dose paxil + ritalin + valium. And a certain sense of alertness. Mind blowing orgasms btw. Especially 2 days ago the most powerful I have had in years.  I like how Ptero helps libido and enables me to commit to online chats. Better than doing nothing with myself but... good lord at the horrendous side effects especially after taking a tiny 2nd dose. Skin gets really colddd, fingers look blue, face looks more blue especially my dark circles, hands look thinner unless just perception, noticably much more wrinklyy (very profound), and some acne or red spot flare ups on side of my forehead. The coldd skin effects last maybe 6+ hours. Also a large sense of apathy would begin to loom over me but only after 2nd doses. As well as more difficulty comprehending information. Even feel that now. I would end up getting lost while reading.  Shame because the initial libido is a godsend.  Maybe just blueberry extract on it's own would be okay?

Do you have any suggestions on what kind of tests I should get for viral or immune issues?   I will look into your above suggestions when I am of more sound mind.        I have previously looked into gut health, leaky gut and tried the bone broth and other measures including probiotics. Difficult to say how much they helped.   I do feel what I have is some auto-immune, viral, and obviously fungal problems (back, neck, tiny on my face, waist, tiny spots occasionally on belly etc) but have no idea what the base cause is or what is enabling all this to happen.  Severe brain fog usually, difficult recall, anhedonic depression, difficulty communicating, CFS with poor mental and physical energy, very low motivation, Very low hormones and all associated symptoms pertaining to low hormone levels

The D3 btw made me feel quite depressed when tried months ago but I may have some drops I can try later to see if synergy occurs. 

-edit:   It has been a great struggle to figure out what is wrong with me and this information is very insightful.  If you have any other suggestions please feel free to share. 

Edited by AlexCanada, 13 February 2016 - 08:35 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#26 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 February 2016 - 01:06 PM

...It has been a great struggle to figure out what is wrong with me and this information is very insightful.  If you have any other suggestions please feel free to share.

Sending you a PM

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pterostilbene, resveratrol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users