Photo

The human body is so bad it is frustrating

human body

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Florian Xavier

• 242 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:35 PM

easily tired, mainy painful problems, can't regenerate important parts, aging, death.. and the same things happen to loved one

it sucks so bad it become funny after a while

no but seriously, it sucks SO BAD !!

Edited by Florian Xavier, 09 March 2014 - 06:14 PM.

• like x 2

#2 Droplet

• Life Member, Advisor Honorary Advisor
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

I feel your pain. If I could upgrade this shoddy meat machine I feel trapped in I would do it in an instant!

#3 Florian Xavier

• Topic Starter
  • 242 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:40 PM

Yes even walking sucks : slow and painful :/

But depression and mental pain systems work very very well

i hate the human body so much at time.....

while i'am talking to you i have herpes virus - 1 activated, tinnitus, pain in one teeth ><

Edited by Florian Xavier, 14 March 2014 - 04:50 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:51 PM

I have mild physical and neurological issues that are the fault of the designs of homosapiens being so shitty. Could so do without them.
  • like x 1

#5 Florian Xavier

• Topic Starter
  • 242 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:30 PM

me too, i have a problem in the thoracic outlet in part because we are not well adapted to the standing posture^^

This stupid body has triggered an autoimmune reaction against his own tissues

Nothing depress me more than thinking about the suckiness of the human body

Sometimes the level of suckiness is very troubling : skin problems start at puberty at the exact same time that social stress become very damaging to the brain and easily triggered,not mentioning sexual selection problems with this.

I had it briefly when i was young. It sucked so bad.

Edited by Florian Xavier, 14 March 2014 - 06:42 PM.

• like x 1

#6 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:51 PM

I had a stroke, something that you associate to old people as a child, that's how crappy my human hardware is. Its so crap that it cannot even repair the damage.

I have a relative with an autoimmune condition - how sucky is a biological machine when it can destroy itself for no good reason? :/

#7 Florian Xavier

• Topic Starter
  • 242 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:58 PM

what type of stroke ?

is this thing painful ?

#8 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:04 PM

I don't know the ins and outs but a stroke like old people get. I don't remember any pain, just that one day my whole left side was weak and I was walking weird.

#9 Florian Xavier

• Topic Starter
  • 242 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:05 PM

maybe a clot if you have not extensive damages

good to know it don't cause pain

Very good because chance are that many people will get stroke sooner or later

Clearly, to me, hoplessness is a strong component of human condition.

Edited by Florian Xavier, 14 March 2014 - 07:11 PM.

#10 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:11 PM

I still have damage even as an adult - whole one side of my body is weaker and my vision slightly affected on that side. I also have neurological issues that are a pain in the arse caused partially from the brain damage. According to my medical files, they reckon that I was brain damaged at birth and that this is why I was predisposed to the condition and had my stroke at nine. It was a full CVA and not a TIA. I get pain if I'm on my feet too long but generally I'm okay.

Edited by Droplet, 14 March 2014 - 07:11 PM.

#11 Florian Xavier

• Topic Starter
  • 242 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:21 PM

It remind me of a louis ck quote playing a doctor :

- Doctor my shoulder hurt
"Yep it's shitty now. Look at this dark area on the radio it's all fucked up. Take this painkiller everyday until you and your shitty joint both die" :laugh:

Edited by Florian Xavier, 14 March 2014 - 07:26 PM.

• like x 2

#12 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:28 PM

LOL! That's about right! :D

#13 YOLF

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:46 AM

You guys need cryonics!

#14 YOLF

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:47 AM

You guys need cryonics!

#15 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

You guys need cryonics!

If I ever have above subsistance wages I'd consider it. I'm barely able to get by on my pay packet let alone pay for cryonics.

#16 Florian Xavier

• Topic Starter
  • 242 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:43 AM

nah i don't care about death, it's the suckiness of life the problem

death suck too :)

Edited by Florian Xavier, 16 March 2014 - 12:34 PM.

#17 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:38 PM

I don't want to die and trust me if I could afford cryonics I'd have gone for it already. At this point in life, subsistence is my main concern. After all I will need to eat and pay bills to even live long enough to potentially afford cryonics some day. ;)

#18 Florian Xavier

• Topic Starter
  • 242 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:54 PM

To me no way i go for cryonics. The odds that thing bring suffering is too high for me.

Plus cold kill tissues. Look at frosbite.

Edited by Florian Xavier, 16 March 2014 - 01:00 PM.

#19 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:41 PM

I had a stroke, something that you associate to old people as a child, that's how crappy my human hardware is. Its so crap that it cannot even repair the damage.

I have a relative with an autoimmune condition - how sucky is a biological machine when it can destroy itself for no good reason? :/

I wouldn't be too harsh on your body. It's trying the best it can given the inputs it's being given. I guess the real blame is the lack of a user manual and all the conflicting studies. I'll admit that it's hard to find the right info.
  • like x 2

#20 YOLF

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:21 PM

Those of you who have Leadership access, check out my proposal for $1/mo cryonics subscriptions. We have 12,000 active newsletter recipients (actual figure) and more on the forum (guess), so a dollar each would give us enough to buy a KrioRus suspension a month and have give aways and charitable support or at the very least, we'd have lots of money to match with the Society for Venturism when they run their campaigns.

http://www.longecity...-subscriptions/

#21 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:07 PM

I wouldn't be too harsh on your body. It's trying the best it can given the inputs it's being given. I guess the real blame is the lack of a user manual and all the conflicting studies. I'll admit that it's hard to find the right info.

That is a very good way of looking at it. :) It could be majorly improved though as we all know.

Those of you who have Leadership access, check out my proposal for $1/mo cryonics subscriptions. We have 12,000 active newsletter recipients (actual figure) and more on the forum (guess), so a dollar each would give us enough to buy a KrioRus suspension a month and have give aways and charitable support or at the very least, we'd have lots of money to match with the Society for Venturism when they run their campaigns.

Thanks for that. Is this actually happening and if so where do I sign up? $1 a month is nothing even on my subsistence wages.

Edited by Droplet, 16 March 2014 - 09:08 PM.

#22 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:14 PM

To me no way i go for cryonics. The odds that thing bring suffering is too high for me.

Plus cold kill tissues. Look at frosbite.

Would you rather not take a shot at potential future life again as opposed to guaranted future death and deletion from this physical plane? I would happily risk suffering if it meant I'd not just vanish from existence. Besides, by the time they resurrected you, they would have most likely found ways to regenerate and repair tissues or maybe even build you a whole new body that actually works how you want it to! :cool: If I ever earned a decent pay I'd definitely consider cryonics.

Edited by Droplet, 16 March 2014 - 09:14 PM.

#23 Florian Xavier

• Topic Starter
  • 242 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:24 PM

Anyway death is garanteed sooner or later.

Life's tourments are tiring.

The more we age the less we are attached to life. We don't like our time anymore, friends & all pass away slowly but surely.We start to dislike our "new" world time built. Often people want to live in the world they lived before 18'

Cold detruct tissue like hell.

Edited by Florian Xavier, 16 March 2014 - 10:29 PM.

#24 YOLF

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:09 AM

That is a very good way of looking at it. :) It could be majorly improved though as we all know.

Thanks for that. Is this actually happening and if so where do I sign up? $1 a month is nothing even on my subsistence wages.

It's a proposal I'm putting before the board. You'll be able to sign up for it on the store where you can buy memberships:
http://www.longecity.org/membership

#25 YOLF

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:31 AM

Anyway death is garanteed sooner or later.

Life's tourments are tiring.

The more we age the less we are attached to life. We don't like our time anymore, friends & all pass away slowly but surely.We start to dislike our "new" world time built. Often people want to live in the world they lived before 18'

Cold detruct tissue like hell.

You're misinformed. Watch this video:

You won't have to be old when we bring you back, in fact, it won't make sense to be old because you'll cost too much to maintain. Instead, you'll be rebuilt to last essentially having had an aging vaccine. It'll be just like when you were 18. If you're worried about losing your friends. Talk them into coming along.

The torments of life are all a result of aging and death. It is for aging and death that we lead busy lives and despite doing the best that we can, we will still be grossly negligent and have to rely on what are commonly considered necessary evils. We can't possibly have a world of justice until we've defeated aging. Until then, we'll be helplessly apathetic towards the things that leave others and ourselves tormented. Volunteer all you want with your church or other community group. But you're only adding feathers to the scale. If you want to make a difference, cure aging and prevent death. Seek to live for that time when it happens.
  • like x 1

#26 Florian Xavier

• Topic Starter
  • 242 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:33 AM

I'm 100% for anti aging and reversing aging. I just say if i must die, i will not use cryogenic because it is not so better than immediate death.

#27 Florian Xavier

• Topic Starter
  • 242 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:51 AM

natural selection stop when ressources are abondants, when there is no problems

#28 YOLF

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:35 AM

Natural selection? You mean that other thing that used to kill people besides death? No we upgrade ourselves. We are all a resource and don't need to count on natural selection for the betterment of our species. It's horribly inefficient and very much akin to using a "canon to kill a mosquito." Self determined modification and improvement is a far better way to go.

#29 Florian Xavier

• Topic Starter
  • 242 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

Yeah i know, my point is natural selection is the problem.

And it is fixed by having unlimited resources and a bit of eugenism to maintain a good genes pool. One of these solutions may involve curing aging but it is not sufficient. We need sufficient space, foods etc

I mean the garden of eden is far from us and not only we need to cure aging but many others problems too.

Edited by Florian Xavier, 17 March 2014 - 03:50 PM.

#30 Florian Xavier

• Topic Starter
  • 242 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:49 PM

The problem of life is that natural selection create organisms that can barely survive, that's the whole point of the thread.

Edited by Florian Xavier, 17 March 2014 - 08:50 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: human body

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users