- - - - -

Baicailin = hypoglycemic panic attack?

baicailin hypoglycemia

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sciencyst

• 272 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:49 PM

As soon as I take baicailin, I instantly feel a hypoglycemic panic attack. I feel like I am about to pass out.

It is just the same as what happens if I drink a lot of energy drinks without eating and get a blood sugar crash..

I am sure it is hypoglycemia because it will only go away if I eat food.

It is the most extreme hypoglycemia I have ever, ever, ever gotten though. Worse than if I eat pure sugar for a day and my blood sugar crashes.. What is going on?

Pharmacologically, why is this happening?

And what other substances do this?

Have you ever had it happen?

#2 Sciencyst

• Topic Starter
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:11 PM

Ahhh. Taken from: http://examine.com/s...ensis/#summary5

5. Interactions with Glucose Metabolism

5.1. Mechanisms

Due to the ability of both Wogonin[38] and Baicalin[33] (as well as the whole plant extract[39]) to activate AMPK, scutellaria baicalensis has some evidence investigating its interactions with glucose metabolism. This is since AMPK activation is inhernetly hypoglycemic[30] and the molecular target of many anti-diabetic compounds (Metformin and Berberine in particular).

Scutellaria baicalensis may have anti-diabetic properties due to its ability to activate AMPK

5.2. Blood Glucose

In studies of diabetic mice, 10-100mg/kg of the plant extract (11.02% baicalin, 1.40% baicalein, and 0.39% wogonin) has been found to dose-dependently reduce circulating insulin concentrations over four weeks[39] which has been replicated with 400mg/kg of the plant over the same timeframe with a potency nonsignificantly greater than 500mg/kg metformin.[86]
50mg/kg of scutellaria baicalensis (20.46% baicalin, 0.93% baicalein, and 0.33% wogonin) or 5mg/kg of isolated baicalin have elsewhere failed to reduce blood glucose in diabetic rats[87] although 400mg/kg appears to be as effective as the reference drug (500mg/kg metformin).[86]

This plant may reduce blood glucose, although it appears to require a few weeks to be effective. It seems to be more effective in reducing insulin than in reducing glucose

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: baicailin, hypoglycemia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users