LLLT Tutorial

lllt

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Stuart Hayward

• 25 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:52 PM

Hi,
I've been reading a lot about the benefits of LLLT, and am interested in trying it out, but I'm a little unsure as to how to correctly perform it.
Usually, I'd throw caution to the wind and experiment myself, but since this involves the brain, I'd like to try and make sure I do this right!

So I was just wondering if there is any sort of tutorial (like a Youtube video) or instructional guide as to how to safely perform LLLT?

I've recently purchased the BW 48 LED Illuminator Light CCTV IR Infrared Lamp as recommended by 'Selfhacked'. He recommends removing the glass and applying the light to each spot on the head for 10 seconds.....but I'm a little confused as to what constitutes a spot; do you literally aim to cover every inch of the head? Or just general areas - say, 3 or 4 spots that cover the front of the head, and the temples to cover the side (?)
And do you literally touch the LED to the skin? Or would this risk damaging the skin?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Stuart :)

#2 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:24 PM

It's pretty straight forward. You take the lamp, hold it against your head at different spots for x-seconds/minutes, change place, etc.

Most people do not do the full head (because most do a bit longer than 10 seconds, so that would take a while), but rather do forehead + some of the back head.

http://www.trans-cra...ef_v1_0_pdf.pdf - That pdf shows what brain regions does what (broadly speaking), so that can be worth checking out.
  • like x 2
  • Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 dz93

• 424 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

Could you build a helmet and use it on the whole brain at once?

#4 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:48 PM

Could you build a helmet and use it on the whole brain at once?

Yes, that's a thing I have considered doing (but I don't want to solder 800 LED's, lol).

#5 Stuart Hayward

• Topic Starter
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:30 PM

Thankyou very much for that response! It was a big help!

I think I'm going to try it tomorrow morning (presumably it's best in the morning, since it's less likely you'll be over stimulated when you try to sleep)!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:14 PM

Thankyou very much for that response! It was a big help!

I think I'm going to try it tomorrow morning (presumably it's best in the morning, since it's less likely you'll be over stimulated when you try to sleep)!

Actually, most people feel fatigued after the first session (and a few after every session), so I would not worry about doing it at night (I do it at night, think most do it that way, but not sure).
  • like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lllt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users