other high protein foods like eggs?

eggs etc

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 GreenLemon

• 29 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:52 AM

Hello,

Each time I ate a Omelette (x7 Organic big eggs) each morning I feel like a new person, really.

--- Question::: --->> What other food could I eat in the morning or any other time that's very high in protein like eggs?.

Also:
Multi vitamins do not even show up on the radar screen compared to when I eat a Omelette. NOTHING, multi vitamins are WORTH NOTHING !!!
  • dislike x 3
  • like x 1

#2 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:55 AM

Cottage cheese

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 ModusOperandi

• 37 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:59 AM

Nuts and beans, they also contain more healthy fats and magnesium than eggs, but i eat all of them in moderate amounts.
  • like x 2
  • dislike x 2

#4 truboy

• 178 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:39 AM

it's not only about protein, it's also about ANIMAL protein and fat.
I also feel good when eat eggs, fish also boosts mood, beef.
  • dislike x 4
  • like x 1

#5 ichivictus

• 10 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:33 AM

Grilled chicken is my fav source for protein. That mixed with rice and a tasty sauce is a very healthy meal. My buds drink protein shakes after working out, and I find it nasty and a waste of money and time when you can just eat a nutritious meal after.
  • dislike x 2

#6 LaViidaLocaa

• 96 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:29 PM

Meats, fish, milk, yoghurt, whey protein & other protein powders, beans & other legumes, nuts (though not that high in protein), Quest bars
  • dislike x 2
  • like x 1

#7 Methodician

• 45 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:42 PM

Eggs aren't all that high in protein, particularly the yolk. I tend to just eat 3-4 yolks in the morning, along with whatever else I have for breakfast. That way I get the healthy fats, vitamins, cholesterol, etc without stuffing my face with eggs every day. You can have more veggies or starches this way, or if you really feel that all that protein is beneficial you could always eat some meat or fish with them. Most fish has loads of cobalamin (b12)... a great mood booster.

• dislike x 2

#8 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:48 PM

Wow. Basically every post that says anything about animals at all has negative votes on it.

Let's test that, shall we?

I like steak.
  • like x 7
  • dislike x 2

#9 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:32 PM

Sardines are healthy and protein rich. Chicken is OK, but try organic and boiled, not grilled you trolls. Not to be forgotten for vegans: quinoa & hemp/chia seeds.

• like x 2

#10 LexLux

• 265 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:04 PM

Sure its not the choline?

• like x 1

#11 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:18 PM

Even tho I joke about the vegan down-voting (it might have been people convinced that eggs make you fat, or something), I think you might be on to something there LexLux.

I personally eat eggs in lieu of other choline sources. 2 a day, over easy. And the effects are similar to taking a stack of Choline, Inositol, Protein, and B Complex. These are all found in eggs, and exert moderate to strong cholinergic and ergogenic effects.

So actually I don't know if there really could be any other food quite like eggs. It would have to be an animal product (yeast and other monerans are kind of like animals, and brewers yeast doesn't actually contain all the stuff it's supposed to naturally, they've been fortified). It would have to contain good amounts of protein, good amounts of the vitamins B, Inositol, and a lot of other really important nutrients.

You might be able to make one, tho, through various supplements. Start with protein powder, grind up some B Vitamins into powder, add Inositol for sweetness an effect, maybe grind up a mineral supplement and add that in, too. This would pretty well emulate what an egg is, and what it has in it that is really good for you. However, this method would be pretty damned expensive when you can get a dozen eggs for a fraction of the price it would cost for all those supplements.

#12 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:44 AM

I don't know why a multivitamin is worthless because it's not an instant happy pill.

Sure it's not the tryptophan? :D

How many multivitamins are full of amino acids?

Disclaimer: I don't take a multivitamin. I can't eat eggs. Please don't down vote me because you hate peole that promote multivitamins and eggs, lol.

Edited by Duchykins, 29 April 2014 - 02:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users