• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

SkQ1 Would anyone be interested in this?

mito mitoq skq1

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#31 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:31 PM

Yes. Would it keep me conscious a bit longer? I have Alzheimers

• like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#32 YOLF

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:48 PM

I don't know. It hasn't been tested in AD patients. It's mostly an antioxidant, AD is caused by alot of things other than oxidative damage.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:41 AM

I have been following the development of SKQ1 for a couple of years. It seems like one of the few very promising substances aside from C60, and the toxicology seems a lot safer with SKQ1. Maybe it's the lack of Russian-English translation but it seems not a lot is happening?

I would love to buy it and try unless the price/handling of the substance was absolutely prohibitive.

#34 YOLF

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:25 AM

PWAIN had gotten approval from the patent holders to have it made. I think he forgot about us.

#35 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:40 AM

Keeping it to himself I guess. Well I would love to try it.

#36 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:58 PM

PWAIN had gotten approval from the patent holders to have it made. I think he forgot about us.

Did he tell you this via PM?  I didn't find it in the thread...  Patent holders don't normally approve this sort of thing.  In fact, it's kind of the last thing they'd normally do.

#37 YOLF

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:18 PM

I think it was a PM, yes.

I suppose we could contact the Schulachevs ourselves and see if they would extend the permission to us as well. 

It could also have been a finite window we had to place the order. IIRC the purpose of the release was to create more buzz for SKQ1's uses beyond the eyecare product for curing cataracts. Perhaps that window was or will be closed when someone decides to manufacture it. 

Edited by cryonicsculture, 12 July 2014 - 09:19 PM.

#38 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:56 PM

Wow, I find that hard to believe.  Mitotech Pharma is marketing (or trying to bring to market) SkQ1 as a drug in the US and Russia.  I haven't looked at the IP situation, but it boggles my mind to think that a company would be ok with some random guys on the Internet synthesizing their lead compound and selling it to people.   Are you sure that's what PWAIN said?  Do you still have the PM?

#39 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:05 AM

I have invited PWAIN. It seems unlikely as Niner says, but it seems worthwile to research this possibility. Knowing how absolutely disastrously slow the FDA and similar bodies can be it might be another decade before SKQ1 becomes available.

My attempts to contact Skulachev, Anisimov have been futile. Can someone else try?

#40 YOLF

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:19 AM

Not seeing it in my PMs, it could still be there, it's just not turning up for skq1 and pwain searches. Perhaps it's in a topic? 

#41 YOLF

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:21 AM

Sounds interesting. We'll definitely have to get permission from the patent holders, but I'm interested and willing to run it. Started a group buy group:
http://www.longecity...skq1-group-buy/

Group has been approved.
[disclaimer]

I'm happy for you to run it. I'll pass on the details of the company that is creating this stuff via pm. I think the way to do this is to use the standard method which is selling for research purposes only. This is allowed under the patent system. I think it is possibly the method of synthesis that is patented.

Do we have any interest from others??? Please let us know.

Or maybe the passage of time has left me confused. 

#42 PWAIN

• Topic Starter
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:49 AM

Sorry for any confusion guys. The company that can supply is in China and indicated that they were not too concerned with patent issues. I don't think that this means that they have permission but rather that they feel there are enough loopholes in patent law that they can deal with it.
I didn't proceed with it because they have not made this stuff before, only MitoQ which is very similar in structure. This means that they are taking some risk and they need to be sure that they can sell enough to make it worth their while. I gather that the moq is 500grams but I also got the impression that 100grams might actually be enough as a moq.
So with interest expressed only for maybe 10 or 15 grams, a group buy does not seem feasible. I did try to get the moq down but realistically I can't see them coming down by that much. I also tried putting them in contact with some cosmetic companies that might be interested in buying such a product but I guess nothing came of it.
Pricing was going to be in line with MitoQ ie. Around $130 for 1gram or $80 per gram for 100 gram quantities. Sorry cryonics culture, don't think I ever did send you contact details but will do.

#43 YOLF

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:58 AM

Cool. I'll see if I can hammer out the details with them and see what's going on. The other option would be to find the lab that the Schulachevs are using and get their permission to buy from their inventory. 

Another possibility is to do a fundraiser and get the funds to purchase the stock and become a research supplier and use some of it on an animal model and investigate improved delivery methods or something like that. Then we make the leftovers available as a group buy.

#44 Globespy

• 23 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:21 PM

Please add me to the list of interested people for group buy.
And the group access please.
Thanks

#45 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:12 AM

If this group buy is still active I am interested.  Please let me know.

#46 mike_nyc

• 46 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:54 PM

I would like to be added as well.

#47 mike_nyc

• 46 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:40 PM

I gather that the moq is 500grams but I also got the impression that 100grams might actually be enough as a moq.
So with interest expressed only for maybe 10 or 15 grams, a group buy does not seem feasible. I did try to get the moq down but realistically I can't see them coming down by that much. I also tried putting them in contact with some cosmetic companies that might be interested in buying such a product but I guess nothing came of it.
Pricing was going to be in line with MitoQ ie. Around $130 for 1gram or $80 per gram for 100 gram quantities. Sorry cryonics culture, don't think I ever did send you contact details but will do.

So if it's $80 per gram for 100 grams ($8,000 total) and 100 grams is the minimum moq, wouldn't there be enough people in the group buy to either have 8 people to go in as $1,000 each (each of 8 people buys 12.5 grams) or to have 16 people to purchase $500 each (each of 16 people purchases 6.25 grams)?

#48 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:14 AM

I'm interested also.

#49 mike_nyc

• 46 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:46 PM

I count 17 people that indicated yes in the thread.  It seems from what was said above that $8,000 minimum is needed, which works out to $470 per person among 17 people (not including shipping or administrative costs).  What would be the $ amounts people would be willing to contribute? 

tintinet - $500 for 6.25g

mike_nyc - $470 (or more if necessary, up to $2,000)

Daniel Cooper - $___

Globespy - $___

PerC - $___

PWAIN - $___

Cosmicalstorm - $___

niner - $___

ceridwen - $___

hX_ - $___

Light - $___

Dazzcat - $___

BobSeitz - $___

StevesPetRat - $___

eighthman - $___

Geoffrey1 - $___

CryonicsCulture - $___

Edited by PerC, 25 September 2014 - 12:54 AM.

#50 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:49 PM

$500 for 6.25 grams, possibly.

#51 YOLF

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:56 AM

I put in a request for information that will lead to getting a quote. When I hear back I'll let you know what I find.

#52 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:21 AM

I remain interested but having started with MitoQ and some C60 I'm a bit more skeptic about this. If the price is too steep I will retreat and wait for commercialization.

#53 Breestyle

• 24 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:02 AM

I just added MitoQ but still possibly interested in a group buy... following this topic closely...

#54 mitomutant

• 190 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 03:31 PM

Please count me in

Thanks

#55 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:50 PM

Medkoo biosciences can also custom synth. That's assuming PWAIN didn't already contact them of course.

http://medkoo.com/Dr...s/Visomitin.htm

#56 mike_nyc

• 46 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:20 PM

I had reached out to them a while ago but the price was prohibitively expensive.  They quoted:

1g / $4,250.00

2g / $5,650.00
5g / $7,350.00

• like x 1

#57 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 06:09 PM

This does sound good. lol infowars but it is a good summary http://planet.infowa...aging-skq1-pill

I could at the moment spend $200 for 2g , In the next 1-2 months I would be fine with $500 for 6.25g

• like x 1

#58 YOLF

Posted 27 October 2014 - 07:52 PM

I reached out to the patent holders but had no luck in getting a response.

#59 StevesPetRat

• 565 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:06 PM

I will either want something like 20 g or 2 g, but this depends on an outside investor. Will update in a few days.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 oppenheimer82

• 54 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:52 PM

count me in for 2 grams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users