• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

SkQ1 Would anyone be interested in this?

mito mitoq skq1

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#91 Nick Kyz

• 107 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 February 2016 - 12:29 AM

Well, I've done this before for other chemicals. You can contact a chemical manufacturer and request custom synthesis, tell them you're using it for research on flies or mice. It's more expensive but maybe worth it here.  The dosage appears to be 2mg for humans, 1-2 times daily. So if we can get it at a reasonable price maybe the group buy can be resurrected.

I can look into it. 

• like x 1

#92 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 06:00 AM

NGF is active at a much lower dose than SkQ1.  Considering the similarity to MitoQ, you'd probably want 5-20mg, which is too much to deliver via the ocular route.  It looks like a compound that would have pretty good oral bioavailability, so there's probably not much to be gained by non-standard routes of administration.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#93 Nick Kyz

• 107 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 February 2016 - 07:20 AM

I've gotten a few quotes, they're of course exorbitant. Just to feel things out, what would we be willing to pay for a 30 day supply per person?

#94 Nick Kyz

• 107 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:49 AM

Ok the best quote I found was for 1700usd/g. Scaling the mouse dose comes out to 2mg for a human.  So it's $3.40 a dose. Altogether not as bad as I was expecting.

What do you say fellas?

#95 xEva

• 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 February 2016 - 03:08 PM

My mom got Visomitin from Russia for her eyes.  Dirt cheap with the current exchange rate.

PS

just noticed, they now also offer mitomitan with this description in ru:

google auto translation:

The uniqueness of the substance is that, being extremely effective antioxidant , SkQ1 can penetrate into cells and to accumulate in the place of formation of reactive oxygen species and free radicals - mitochondria , which makes it a thousand times more effective than coenzyme Q10.

Edited by xEva, 18 February 2016 - 03:14 PM.

#96 QwkRedFox

• 5 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 07:33 PM

I'm interested... Oops, just reading back- 30 day supply so like $110...?

Ok the best quote I found was for 1700usd/g. Scaling the mouse dose comes out to 2mg for a human. So it's $3.40 a dose. Altogether not as bad as I was expecting.

What do you say fellas?

Edited by QwkRedFox, 18 February 2016 - 07:39 PM.

#97 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:23 PM

I might be interested

#98 Nick Kyz

• 107 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:54 PM

My mom got Visomitin from Russia for her eyes.  Dirt cheap with the current exchange rate.

PS

google auto translation:

The uniqueness of the substance is that, being extremely effective antioxidant , SkQ1 can penetrate into cells and to accumulate in the place of formation of reactive oxygen species and free radicals - mitochondria , which makes it a thousand times more effective than coenzyme Q10.

This has been mentioned before, I'm not sure if it's beneficial as an oral supplement. I can't find out how much SkQ1 these contain either, though I suspect, given it was designed for local use on the eyes, it wouldn't be enough for your whole body.

Re: Group Buy:

Here's how I think it would have to go. We'd put in money to buy a sample e.g. 50mg. I'm waiting on a quote for this. If the sample is good we proceed to buy a whole gram. I'm buying MitoQ in bulk from the same lab so I'll have something to go on in terms of their quality soon.  According to the literature SkQ1 is much more potent so I'll be able to compare them.

• Informative x 1
  • Cheerful x 1
  • Agree x 1

#99 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:32 AM

PS

How do you order it delivered to US?

I see only Russian delivery possible there.

#100 xEva

• 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 February 2016 - 02:30 AM

PS

How do you order it delivered to US?

I see only Russian delivery possible there.

a friend living there bought it and mailed to her

Russian pharmacies are not allowed to mail purchases.  You can buy over the internet, but then it must be delivered by a person (like pizza) -- or you pick up yourself, when it's ready. 

#101 NLTCrow

• 18 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 05:09 AM

I bought a couple bottles of the Visomitin eye drops for my girlfriend who has glaucoma but she refuses to use the stuff because it's from Russia and she doesn't trust it.

I got the stuff from Kalinka, an online store in the Ukraine and it arrived in NV in about 10 days without a problem.  YMMV.

#102 mike_nyc

• 46 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:07 PM

I came across this website, although I know the price is not great, at least it seems to be available.

http://www.adooq.com/skq1-bromide.html

• Informative x 1

#103 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:29 AM

I came across this website, although I know the price is not great, at least it seems to be available.

http://www.adooq.com/skq1-bromide.html

I'm still interested in SkQ1, but at those prices it's unfortunately a non-starter.

#104 leftcoastfool

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 January 2017 - 03:04 AM

I'd be interested in SkQ1.  I found three Chinese suppliers of SkQ1 Bromide (CAS No. 934826-68-3), all listed here: http://www.chemicalb...73133755_EN.htm .  I haven't tried contacting them as I've never attempted a bulk purchase.  Maybe Yolf or someone else could check them out?

The 2009 paper by Vladimir P. Skulachev, et.al., An attempt to prevent senescence: A mitochondrial approach, used this specific salt of SkQ1... (Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009 May;1787(5):437-61. doi: 10.1016/j.bbabio.2008.12.008. Epub 2008 Dec 29)

Edited by leftcoastfool, 26 January 2017 - 03:16 AM.

#105 DareDevil

• 283 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:36 AM

Yes there is still interest in sourcing for a Group Buy.

The patent holders' commercial quest is taking forever.

Their eyedrops and skin serum are only sold in Russia.

I tried the eyedrops but my eyesight didn't improve.

They don't sell Skq1 yet in supplement form anywhere.

#106 bryanfromvan

• 10 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 04:49 AM

Hi Daredevil. What eye condition where you attempting to heal? And how long did you try it? Were these the Russian drops?

#107 DareDevil

• 283 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:08 AM

Hi Bryan,

Yes they were the Russian drops. I wasn't trying to heal an ailment, but foolishly hoping for a rejuvenation of the eyes to lose lenticular stiffness that requires corrected lenses also known as eyeglasses lol. It didn't make my eyes those of a teenager but that was an entirely unrealistic expectation. They are said to help with cataracts.

Cheers,

DareDevil

#108 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 01:46 PM

Hi Bryan,

Yes they were the Russian drops. I wasn't trying to heal an ailment, but foolishly hoping for a rejuvenation of the eyes to lose lenticular stiffness that requires corrected lenses also known as eyeglasses lol. It didn't make my eyes those of a teenager but that was an entirely unrealistic expectation. They are said to help with cataracts.

Cheers,

DareDevil

@DareDevil

Lipoic Acid Choline Ester is what you seek .....

http://www.longecity...for-presbyopia/

Edited by Daniel Cooper, 01 November 2017 - 02:17 PM.

#109 bryanfromvan

• 10 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:46 PM

Thanks @Daredevil. Looks like Daniel Cooper is onto something for presbyopia.

Followup question : I have dry macular degeneration and would like to get some of the skq1 drops (Viscomitin) as they have an off label application for AMD.

How did you get them?

I live in Canada and I don't see that anyone ships them to here. Also, there appears to be lability issues with heat so maybe shipping them isn't a great idea.

Mitoq has a product using this but it doesn't seem to be for visual issues.

The other possibilities are C60 but that breaks down in light so eye applications seem unwise.

The next thing I'm researching is Nicotinamide Riboside. Hoping....

I'm technical but none of my education is biochemical so this is a new venture for me in terms of research so looking for direction.

TIA!!!

Edited by bryanfromvan, 01 November 2017 - 05:50 PM.

#110 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:51 PM

@bryanfromvan

These guys:

https://cosmicnootro...s/visomitin-skq

Sell skq1 drops and they will price in Canadian dollars so presumably they will ship there.  Must have a bitcoin account to purchase from I believe.  I have not personally ordered from them but they seem to be reasonably well regarded around these parts.

#111 Female Scientist

• 58 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:57 PM

Hi folks, did you ever get a line to buying SKQ1? I’d rather not buy from Russia....Are there other options? TIA for any updates...

#112 curious_sle

• 464 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:24 PM

anyone familiar with this source? https://mitolab.com/...tion-10ml-30ml/

Edited by curious_sle, 27 May 2018 - 09:24 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#113 eigenber

• 64 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 May 2018 - 02:35 AM

Good find. Thanks. Assuming it's legit, the real work is sorting out optimal dosages for desired effects. But that's kind of what LongeCity is about, yes?

• Agree x 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users