Nootropics before bed.

sleep bed rem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Maxpower

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:55 PM

Most of my Noots (such as Oxi Pram,Sulbtiamine) are great for taking early in the day, giving me more energy, focus and motivation.
These noots however are best taken well before bed time though so they don't keep me up.

Which noots do you recommend to be taken before bed for the following effects

Better quality sleep (allowing less total sleep needed)
Better cognitive effects the next day
Neuroprotective properties (or brain health, maintenance and repair)

I am thinking very occasional Huperzine A would help, but what are your thoughts on other supplements such as Noopept, Sunifiram or others?

#2 Nootropic Milk Hotel

• 91 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:10 PM

Supposedly, you want your choline levels to be lower at night; it helps with memory consolidation and stuff, I think. However, some people claim they get really intense (lucid?) dreams from HupA at night. Might be fun to explore.
When I have tried taking piracetam before bed, the only thing I have noticed is that is wakes me up earlier than I would like and I don't feel as rested as usual. I don't recommend it. Supplements with sedative effects, like most adaptogens, magnesium, certain herbs, mushrooms, etc., strike me as quite nice before bed.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 Maxpower

• Topic Starter
  • 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:59 PM

Supposedly, you want your choline levels to be lower at night; it helps with memory consolidation and stuff, I think. However, some people claim they get really intense (lucid?) dreams from HupA at night. Might be fun to explore.
When I have tried taking piracetam before bed, the only thing I have noticed is that is wakes me up earlier than I would like and I don't feel as rested as usual. I don't recommend it. Supplements with sedative effects, like most adaptogens, magnesium, certain herbs, mushrooms, etc., strike me as quite nice before bed.

Does lucid dreaming affect sleep quality? The nights I will be taking supplements before bed are when I will have something important on the next day and will be looking to maximize sleep quality. I will experiment with Noopept before bed before anything important comes up to see how it affects my sleep.

Edited by Maxpower, 27 March 2014 - 09:02 PM.

#4 PoeticJustice

• 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:26 AM

Noots generally keep me up later than I'd usually be. I've noticed I have to sleep longer as well, which is contradictory to some reports of needing less sleep.

I would try using choline before bed as well. A lot of people say it keeps them up but it has no negative impact on my sleep. However I'm not sure if there is a positive impact either.
I've also heard that Lion's Mane is taken in the evening because it can cause drowsiness.

And in my experience, Noopept sort of stimulates me. I highly doubt I could fall asleep within at least 4 hours of taking it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#5 Maxpower

• Topic Starter
  • 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:34 AM

Lions mane is something which interests me. I need something to add as a filler when I put Huperzine A in capsules for bedtime. I will likely add Lions mane.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sleep, bed, rem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users