* * * * - 2 votes

FASORACETAM

fasoracetam adhd racetam ns-105 lam-105 nsn

• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

#241 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:31 AM

Can anyone that ordered from Powder City confirm that they received their Fasoracetam in the same container as me; namely a flat, transparent, sealed plastic baggie?

I was expecting a similar container to NSN, a vial of some sort. I'm a bit disappointed to be honest. The whole packaging also has a sickly sweet smell, while the Fasoracetam itself seems to have no smell at all.

I won't be trialling the Fasoracetam for a while since I'm presently experimenting with a different nootropic; but I am extremely interested in any anecdotes from those who are currently using the substance.

Thanks for your advice regarding prolactin Blueenigma. I am especially interested in your experience with Fasoracetam. I already have problems with mild depersonalisation, so the notion that Fasoracetam can cause or exacerbate a 'spacey' feeling does not bode well for me.

Edited by Animal, 21 March 2015 - 12:32 AM.

#242 Tram

• 14 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:09 AM

I received my faso in that package. It doesn't smell like anything, but has a distinct sick/sweet/chemical/racetam-y taste, which is bearable. Pramiracetam makes me want to gag--it's like toxic sea urchin--and I'm the kind of person who can stomach anything (like actual sea urchin). It's better than prami.

I've had no depersonalization effects or anxiety or brainfog with it. You might feel a slight fuzziness to the eyes and a hyperfocused feeling if you take too much, which also happens with modafinil sometimes. And, contrary to fears about faso's effects on orgasm, it seems to intensify mine.

I also ordered from Powder City a nootropics sampler containing oxiracetam, choline bitartrate, aniracetam, pramiracetam, and piracetam in order to compare each of these to the faso. For me, prami has the most pronounced depersonalization effects (though it's still mild compared to what your own mind can do to you of its own accord). All but the faso have given me a slight feeling of uneasiness, which I think is my baseline state. The faso, combined with ongoing attempts to be mindful and eat healthy, has been so effective in making me feel at home in the world that my normal neurosis seems weird to me. I've also been less hard on myself, less bitter, and less of a procrastinator. It's easier to identify negative thought patterns in both myself and other people, and easier to discern when to start worrying and when to let something go. I think the faso catalyzes my ongoing work at functioning better in the world, for sure. When I don't take it for a few days, I backslide.

Granted, I'd probably be making this progress anyway, but the faso lightens the load.

Edited by Tram, 21 March 2015 - 02:10 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#243 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:02 AM

I just opened a bottle of faso that I received today from Ceretropic. So as of today, I have purchased faso from three sources: Noots Depot, New Star, and now Ceretropic. The ND and NS stuff were slightly pink and had a ketone smell. The Ceretropic stuff is very, very pink/orange and has the same smell. It looks a lot like an Indian condiment called black salt, if you’re familiar with that. Tastes the same as the ND and NS stuff, too—it tastes like what I would imagine licking the end of a Magic Marker would taste like. Hopefully tomorrow I can post a side-by-side pic of the NS and Ceretropic products so y’all can see what I’m talking about.

#244 blueenigma

• 47 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:20 AM

ANIMAL: I received my FASO in the very same packaging. The substance itself is almost snow white, and looks like crumbled cr*ck rock. I've stopped taking it, at least temporarily, but might resume at some point in the near future. Please report what your experience is with this substance. I'm very interested in learning how you respond.

HEISENBERGER: To your earlier post, my mother actually used to watch some of Ronald Reagan's movies, Million Dollar baby and such..

#245 H.S.Thompson

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:46 AM

ANIMAL,

Powder City sends out plain, white 1oz or 8oz tubs for the stuff I've purchased Hordenine/Green Tea/Creatine, for a couple extra bucks. All my baggies from them were silver and not transparent for that stuff though. Nothing near so nice as the amber vials NSN sends out. I actually went to Powder City first for my Fasoracetam but the site says 'out of stock'? Bioscience Nutraceuticals has Fasoracetam too, just found them yesterday. I was wondering if anyone out there has sampled their Fasoracetam, and why Powder City is out? 

Day 2 of the Faso Trial:

Fasoracetam 

Sunifiram 

Coluracetam

Dropped the Phenylracetam today for a more accurate account of the Faso. Coluracetam makes me a little lethargic even with the Suni, which is why I was topping the two off with the phenyl in the first place. Didn't need to take the phenyl for the first time today, adding Faso on top of the Suni and Coluracetam (along with my typical caffeine infusion) was stimulating enough for me. Phenylracetam was entirely unnecessary. 

On smell, appearance and taste: the Fasoracetam from TrueLife smells way different than any other racetam I've ever tried (which is all of 'em). Sort of reminds me of the meth heydays of the early nineties when they would come out with flavored batches like peanut butter or strawberry. Weird. Sort of sickly sweet as described by other members. TrueLife's Fasoracetam is off-white, almost creamy. Also, I'm slightly color blind in the reds/greens/browns, so it might have a slight pinkish hue? Tastes like shit.

Items of note:

- Seems to have good synergy with what I'm already taking.

- I felt calm and clean on this second day with no anxiety whatsoever. Stimulated. Driven. Maybe I had too many racetams going at once yesterday,  (phenyl is pretty powerful stuff on it's own). 

- Have had to up my choline intake both yesterday and today to ward off a headache. This is rare for me, as I can often get by on diet alone, and only  require a choline supplement 'upon occasion'. Both days an AlphaGPC knocked it out after about half an hour, but today the headache seems to have  come back after my second dosing. I may need to take yet another AlphaGPC, or consider removing one my other two compounds until this trial is  over.

- I don't notice any discernible sexual side effects having added the Fasoracetam to my stack. I'm only day two, but I will definitely watch for this possible   side effect all throughout my trial...

I agree with TRAM in that this racetam has the least amount of uneasiness among the racetams. I've personally always relied on some sort of GABA  modulator to even out the slight anxiety that comes with racetam compounds. For that reason alone, Fasoracetam is novel to me among the racetams. 

In closing, I think I like this stuff right out the gate. 'Spacey' feeling on the Faso? Yeah, sort of. I'd probably say more like 'Dreamy' though, and I sort of like my days to be dreamy. I did notice a tendency today to make idle chit-chat with strangers, which I don't normally do. I also threw open all the blinds in my house today to have better light in which to work. Also something I don't normally do. Both these things are anecdotal, but would pull toward the opposite range of the depersonalization spectrum. 

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#246 striker_321

• 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:16 PM

@H. S. Thompson
I would not purchase anything from Bioscience Nutraceuticals, as according to folks on reddit, they have sent folks to the hospital by having benadryl labeled as piracetam, and never took proper responsibility. In other words, they don't have 3rd party testing or any QC.
http://www.reddit.co.../vendorwarnings

ceretropic.com has fasoracetam in Stock too if you are looking for another reputable faso source.

#247 H.S.Thompson

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:39 AM

striker_321 :

Thanks for the additional Fasoracetam source. I've been looking at Ceretropic for a while. I thought they were a little expensive but upon perusal of their site again they seem to have pretty much everything one would need for a pretty good price. I just don't want to pay the extra for the liquid dosing unless it's something I'm really committed to. I am going to order their Faso so I have something to benchmark my current product against. I'd really like to switch faso's from day to day between 2 or 3 different vendors to see if the same boost in mood is noted after dosing. I've never had a mood boost from a racetam before, I guess I'd just like to know mine isn't spiked or something. 

http://www.reddit.co.../vendorwarnings:

Wow, scary story. Thanks for the heads up. It took awhile until I realized that Bioscience Neutraceuticals is the parent company of Cerebral Health. 

Day 3 Faso:

Upped my dosage to 30mg sublingual/2 x day. I noticed I wasn't getting the same effects today that I got yesterday. There's too many things in play here, and obviously since I'm not cleared out and only taking the fasoracetam, I'm not a very scientifically accurate test subject anyway.

I still noticed a crisp, clean feeling wash over me about 15 min after dosing, but today it felt a little muted. I skipped my libido stack as well, which is rare for me. I wanted to test it. I kind of use my libido stack as a base to build the racetams on, and in this case I think it really potentates the 'enlightened' mood effects of faso. Sort of makes sense if I'm right.

I was still more outgoing and driven, despite having a bunch of crap roll downhill at me at once, so perhaps a cooler, more level head under pressure? I have a tendency to brood if a lot of stuff goes wrong at once, you know, shaking your fist in the air, asking 'why me' sort of thing. I wouldn't go so far as to say nothing got under my skin at all, but I certainly didn't DWELL on the shit sandwich that was my day.

No headache 2day either, didn't need a choline source. This always makes me happy. Obviously something in my libido stack is at loggerheads with something in my racetam stack. Lame. I hate tinkering around and pulling things out. I'd much rather just add more to counterbalance any side effects. Wise, right?

Increased libido, possibly even sensation, climax...same. I'm basing this part of my trial on dual-copulation vs. solo-ing it for what it's worth. Since I've seen a couple other people report this enhanced effect now vs. the 'diminishing returns' you could say, I'm going to go ahead and let this particular part of my case study die unless something significant happens in one direction or the other. There's obviously a clear divide. I'll finish the whole batch of Fasoracetam regardless at this point.  

So far this is my favorite racetam with the Coluracetam coming in a close second. For me it still has more punch because of the mood lightening, and, as with all newer racetams, only a tiny, tiny amount is required compared to the old days of spoonful after spoonful of Piracetam. Oh god, my kidneys ache just thinking about it. I'm really hopeful that the Faso will find a permanent spot in my 'always stack' like Coluracetam has.

It may not be as powerful as I had originally thought all on it's own :( but only time will tell. So as not to take up valuable real estate regaling this thread with my daily inconsistencies though, I'll only report back any new findings I feel worth mentioning as I go along :)

Happy Fasoracetam-ing all

#248 striker_321

• 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 March 2015 - 03:48 PM

@ H.S. Thompson:

No problem, I would hate for anyone to purchase anything from a unreputable vendor.  Regarding liquid dosing/vials from Ceretropic, that is mostly for those who don't like the racetam bitterness and need it to cover the taste.  I prefer powder myself because its cheaper, and I like bitter things, but if one is wanting to make their own PG solution there are several good tutorials out there, which would cut down the cost significantly.  It also can be easier to dose if you don't have a good scale/one that is accurate to 1mg or so.  Thanks for the update regarding your use of Faso, I am interested to hear back on how it performs over the long term and if any adverse/unpleasant effects manifest themselves.

#249 FeelsNumbMan

• 80 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:11 AM

Never really done much racetam myself but I've taken an interest in Fasoracetam because of what it's said to do to the GABA-b receptors. I've been taking phenibut for quite a while now but recently it has been giving me headaches the day after even though I don't dose more than 1g. I've also only done phenibut once a week for the past 10+ months too. The headaches only started to happen after dosing the past 2-3 times.

Anyone have good experiences with it for depression, anhedonia, and apathy? I'm not really expecting much but hopefully it has some acute effects that could benefit me to survive through the days. I tried aniracetam as my other racetam, noopept if you wanna count that as well and didn't notice much. But at that time I was in a better position than I am now.

By the way, Ceretropic is highly reputable from personal experiences. Packaging is really neat, customer service is on point. You could message Ceretropic here or on Reddit if you have any questions and I'm sure they'll try their best to get back to you. Really great people and their site has been growing and growing with a lot of things that aren't too well known, yet at the same time aren't bunk or "made up" substances.

#250 NG_F

• 142 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:36 PM

Group Buy, Group Buy !  C'mon guys  :cool:  :imminst:

#251 NG_F

• 142 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 01:42 AM

Just a Heads up to ALL members......Fasoracetam is back in stock at NewStar Nootropics !!  :-D 

#252 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:13 AM

At attractive new prices, too! Took long enough! ;)

#253 nicklesprout

• 116 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 April 2015 - 03:03 AM

Could Faso help with Benzo withdrawal even though it hits different GABA receptors?

#254 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 06:26 AM

Making a wild guess, I’d say probably not enough to make a noticeable difference. I’ve heard anecdotal reports that tianeptine works pretty well, though. The stuff’s pretty cheap—it wouldn’t cost much to give it a shot.

#255 nicklesprout

• 116 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 April 2015 - 02:43 PM

I tried it for a week. Didn't do anything for me...

#256 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:42 PM

A side-by-side comparison of New Star’s faso and Ceretropic’s faso—New Star on the left, and Ceretropic on the right. The pink color didn’t come out as clearly as I had hoped; you’ll just have to take my word for it. Both are a slightly pink color, and the Ceretropic product is almost orange if held in the right light. The Ceretropic faso is crystalline; the New Star product is a clumping powder. The Ceretropic faso is freely soluble in both water and PG; so far I’ve only dissolved the New Star stuff in water.

I’ve found that by using a magnetic stirrer, I can easily solubilize fasoracetam, coluracetam, and PRL-8-53 in a single solution, which makes it extremely easy to take all my noots quickly. I dissolve 1 gram of fasoracetam, 1 gram of coluracetam, and 200 mgs. of PRL-8-53 in 100 ml. of PG. Then all I have to do is draw 2.5 ml. of the solution into a transfer pipette, yielding my daily dose of 25 mgs. faso, 25 mgs. coluracetam, and 5 mgs. PRL-8-53. To take all my noots quickly and at once, I weigh out 4.8 grams of piracetam and dissolve it in half a cup or so of warm water. Then I add one drop of 1% methylene blue and stir until the piracetam is dissolved. Then I draw the 2.5 ml. of PG solution, immerse the tip of the pipette in the cup, and shoot it into the solution. Then I squeeze the bulb a couple of times to draw the water into the pipette and flush out the contents. Since PG is freely soluble in water, the pipette comes out completely clean and never needs to be washed. The entire process takes about a minute.

Attached Files

• Informative x 1

#257 mati5000

• 19 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:57 PM

Hello i'm join now to this thread now :)

i bought fasoracetam in capsules from ebay

one capsule contain 20mg of fasoracetam.

I use it to cure my gaba-b receptors which is destroyed by muscle relaxant.

I taked two capsules a day orally.

I have question: What taking method is more effectivenes? orally or sublingual?

it may be orally method have poor absorbable than sublingual

#258 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 April 2015 - 03:43 AM

Good question. What DO we know about the bioavailability and drug-metabolism of Fasoracetam? I've only ever taken it sublingually, as that was the only viable method imho, when it was in pure powdered form.

It's certainly effective in that manor, but I have no clue if there's first-pass metabolism of the liver by Faso. I suppose theoretically it could be similar to other racetams. What's the story on those?

#259 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 05:19 AM

I’m pretty sure that oral bioavailability is very close to 100%. I’ll see if I can find a reference on that.

• Informative x 1

#260 Razor444

• 240 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 12:35 PM

I’m pretty sure that oral bioavailability is very close to 100%. I’ll see if I can find a reference on that.

It doesn't say on PubChem.

Piracetam is close to 100 percent!

#261 mati5000

• 19 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 01:36 PM

great, this means that capsule is 100% absorbed orally

Anyone taked fasoracetam after previous taking baclofen, mydocalm or another?

Is the chance to restore gaba b or reputake this receptors

i'm taking fasoracetam 3 days and I do not see any difference.

#262 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 April 2015 - 01:58 PM

Let's see, you take 40 mg of Fasoracetam per day, right?

Do you have any kind of neuropsychiatric disorder, overall? It's meant to affect those with mutations to the glutamate -network, primarily.

Are you noticing anything at all, from the Faso? Like, do you feel any motivation, or focus, or anxiolytic effect?

Results may of course be dose-dependent. It's safe up to a 100(!) mg's per day, and some people notice an effect at 10 mg per day, so there's definitely room for dosing.

Try increasing the dosage by 20 mg per day, so up, up you go, to 60 mg's. You've got 40 more mg's to work with, so have no fear.

That may not be applicable to Fasoracetam - many of the racetams are actually very structurally different from Piracetam. Can you find info on the bioavailability of OXYracetam? I believe that is the racetam that is the most structurally similar to Faso, it could hypothetically be a more useful reference than regular Piracetam.

Edited by Stinkorninjor, 16 April 2015 - 02:01 PM.

• Agree x 1

#263 mati5000

• 19 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 02:56 PM

yes i take 40mg per day 20mg at 12:00PM and 18-19PM next 20mg

I quite motivated after taked and i see more clearly than before.

I'm noticed also more antidepressant effects i fell more clamer

before i taked piracetam. this not work the same as fasoracetam

i'm not registered any neuropsychiatric disorders.

Is the chance to fix my libido and reuptake Gabab receptors? These two aspects are related i know that

#264 lourdaud

• 516 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 April 2015 - 03:24 PM

Whoa! Took 20 mg a few hours ago and it's definitely doing something. I feel much more clear-headed, seems to help with my sensory gating issues. Too early to say though, will report back later!

• like x 2

#265 Razor444

• 240 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 11:13 AM

Do you have any kind of neuropsychiatric disorder, overall? It's meant to affect those with mutations to the glutamate -network, primarily.

Are you noticing anything at all, from the Faso? Like, do you feel any motivation, or focus, or anxiolytic effect?

Results may of course be dose-dependent. It's safe up to a 100(!) mg's per day, and some people notice an effect at 10 mg per day, so there's definitely room for dosing.

Try increasing the dosage by 20 mg per day, so up, up you go, to 60 mg's. You've got 40 more mg's to work with, so have no fear.

That may not be applicable to Fasoracetam - many of the racetams are actually very structurally different from Piracetam. Can you find info on the bioavailability of OXYracetam? I believe that is the racetam that is the most structurally similar to Faso, it could hypothetically be a more useful reference than regular Piracetam.

'Oxiracetam is well absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract with a bioavailability of 56-82%'.

I thought oxi' was close to 100% bioavailability, also. Maybe not!

#266 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2015 - 02:04 PM

yes i take 40mg per day 20mg at 12:00PM and 18-19PM next 20mg

I quite motivated after taked and i see more clearly than before.

I'm noticed also more antidepressant effects i fell more clamer

before i taked piracetam. this not work the same as fasoracetam

i'm not registered any neuropsychiatric disorders.

Is the chance to fix my libido and reuptake Gabab receptors? These two aspects are related i know that

Do you suspect you have any NPD's then? Anything in perticular which you feel you have difficulties with.

Excellent to hear that you are experiencing some of the positive effects of Faso tho'. = ) It should also be noted, that there is no need to taper off Faso, like you would an SSRI or a stimulant - there are no significant withdrawal-symptoms.

I honestly don't know if it could help your libido and Gaba-B receptors. I know that for some people it has helped with either Phenibut or Baclophen withdrawal, but the results seem to vary a lot.

The GABA-ergic effects of Faso are some of the least researched ones, as that was not the intended use - but rather modulation of the Metabotropic Glutamate Network, and NMDA-network.

Don't discard it's effects on GABA yet tho', as I said, you may need a higher dose, and a more prolonged treatment than others - and it seems to be giving positive effects that are beneficial to you in other ways, which is good - it might help you to taper off some other drugs, yeah? I'm thinking your using an antidepressant of some sort, and Faso might be able to help at least slightly with tapering off something like that.

'Oxiracetam is well absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract with a bioavailability of 56-82%'.

I thought oxi' was close to 100% bioavailability, also. Maybe not!

Interesting.

I suspected as much, since the results and dosings of Faso seem to vary quite a bit - if it has a similar WIDE range of bioavailability, 56-82%, then that could partially explain why for some people, 5 mg's is enough to notice an effect, but some don't notice anything at all until they go above 20 mg's.

Edited by Stinkorninjor, 17 April 2015 - 02:07 PM.

#267 mati5000

• 19 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:52 PM

Do you suspect you have any NPD's then? Anything in perticular which you feel you have difficulties with.

Excellent to hear that you are experiencing some of the positive effects of Faso tho'. = ) It should also be noted, that there is no need to taper off Faso, like you would an SSRI or a stimulant - there are no significant withdrawal-symptoms.

I honestly don't know if it could help your libido and Gaba-B receptors. I know that for some people it has helped with either Phenibut or Baclophen withdrawal, but the results seem to vary a lot.

The GABA-ergic effects of Faso are some of the least researched ones, as that was not the intended use - but rather modulation of the Metabotropic Glutamate Network, and NMDA-network.

Don't discard it's effects on GABA yet tho', as I said, you may need a higher dose, and a more prolonged treatment than others - and it seems to be giving positive effects that are beneficial to you in other ways, which is good - it might help you to taper off some other drugs, yeah? I'm thinking your using an antidepressant of some sort, and Faso might be able to help at least slightly with tapering off something like that.

I'm not taking antidepressant but my serotonin receptor levels are low also. Therefore i have neurosis.

But that’s another story. I'm testing fasoracetam because i taked many months ago muscle relaxant. Only few capules this shit destroyed my sex life. I hope that fasoracetam can fix my corrupted gabab receptors.

Edited by mati5000, 17 April 2015 - 08:53 PM.

#268 PowerfulP

• 30 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:50 AM

Checking back in. I was hoping Faso would help with phenibut tolerance. I had no such luck after several months of intermittent use. And no noticeable effects in general looking back. It may just be me, but bummer.

#269 dronez

• 34 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:53 AM

I'm not sure if I should have started a new thread for this, but does anyone know how many mg the scoop that comes with the New Star Nootropics Fasoracetam measures? Just eyeballing it I would say 50 mg, but I'm not sure and I don't have any tools to measure out milligrams. 

I'm doing a trial of it to see if it will fix a phenibut tolerance I had several years ago that seemed permanent. 

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#270 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:15 AM

This stuff is promising for me. I tested it a few times before, at about 5-25mg, though was not initially impressed. 

However I now realize it does not need to be pleasant or interesting, and I just need to give this substance enough cognitive load to deal with and it will show itself. This seems like it can work wonders for my motivation, but cause some mild anxiety, irritation, and so on.

A few days ago I took 10mg PRL-853, then I added 6 hours later 25 mg fasoracetam. I felt pretty good for a while, but more importantly I noticed I became rather interested in studying and it felt easier to "just do it". Today is the same (but no PRL). Some wakeful-promoting effects I would say. However maybe it is mostly time pressure, it might be, I seem to perform good once I realize how bad I am at doing things on time. (I also quit the MAO-B inhibiting dose of selegiline like 5 days ago.) However it hasn't felt this easy to study for a very long time.

I will probably exclusively use this stuff for a week (25mg dosages is the idea, 1 or 2 times per day), then I will use selegiline for a week or so, then more fasoracetam, etc. Selegiline seems to have motivational effects very obvious for about 7 days for me. (1.25mg sublingual)

Every single time I took Fasoracetam I noticed some visual effects (that's not very useful to me though). Basically things look sharper, grass greener, sunlight reflecting more strikingly.

I have an ADHD diagnosis (just "ADHD" as far as I know, but I have not been physically "over" active since I was 9) 

Edited by Keizo, 17 June 2015 - 06:31 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fasoracetam, adhd, racetam, ns-105, lam-105, nsn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users