- - - - -

Critique my nootropic stack designed for focus and productivity

study stack noopept

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Adam Mc Donald

• 9 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:07 PM

Hi guys, this is my first post here. I've decided to start making a nootropic formula mainly designed to help students around exam time. I want to get the product mainstream so acute effects are what I'm looking for.(It's quite hard to convince people that something youre selling will kick in in 3 weeks). Here's what I have been using and am planning to sell, please give your honest opinions. Aniracetam 500mg, Vinpocetine 20mg, Noopept 20mg, CDP choline 250mg, pramiracetam 500mg................. That's one serving. I have advised on my label to cycle the product (2 days off a week) due to tolerance of noopept. Am I going in the wrong direction mixing noopept and ani? since one needs build up(ani) and the other gains tolerance(noopept)?

#2 Adam Mc Donald

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:57 PM

Nobody?

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 GoingPrimal

• 262 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:43 PM

In terms of acute effects, I haven't really felt much from the ingredients you've listed, not that they don't work, but if you're trying to sell it as a product you prob will want people to feel it. It's also pretty heavy on the racetams, maybe you could take one of them out, either ani- or prami-. I've also never needed any choline for the -racetams to work, I think it's a mixed bag over whether its necessary or not.

Just saying you could pull out one of the -racetams, the choline and/or the vinpocetine, and add something with more of a "kick", such as L-tyrosine and a bit of caffeine. I hear phenylpiracetam is pretty stimulating too, maybe you could use that in place of one of the other -racetams, though it also has tolerance issues. Also, maybe some L-theanine or picamilon to balance things out and add a nice focus. The caffeine/theanine stack has been a simple and effective study staple for many years.

Just curious, whats the legal status on selling this type of thing?

#4 Adam Mc Donald

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:31 PM

I've never tried picamilon, how is it? What effects would you say you've got from it? I probably will drop the prami or ani since the noopept is in there too. I noticed the vinpocetine had different effects to choline (rather its a vasodialator) so I just threw it in as people normally notice the acute effects of it. All critiques are welcome though. In terms of legality its a really grey area at the minute, so Im still figuring that one out.

#5 GoingPrimal

• 262 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:49 PM

Picamilon is great IMO - has a good "soft" feel to it, not too subduing like phenibut can be, and a nicer feel as compared to l-theanine. I like to use a small amount in combo with stimulants to take a bit of the edge off. L-theanine is good for this purpose as well and may have even more of a focusing effect.

I've never noticed much from vinpocetine, but if you and your peers notice it then keep it in there. I agree that a good balance between usefulness for studying and noticeability needs to be achieved.

I'm all about making a buck while helping others but have often wondered the legality of this sort of thing, especially when it comes to college aged students.

I think you're on the right track here though. In my eyes, the cocktail could use something more stimulating - either a more stimulating racetam such as phenyl or oxi, or some caffeine and/or l-tyrosine. This will help in terms of noticeability and in terms of being able to "power through". Also something to add focus to all that energy, be it l-theanine or picamilon. That should be the bread and butter - a bit of stimulation, a bit of something to keep that stimulation from being too scattered, and then a racetam.

I've always used lions mane for its NGF properties, and nicotine gum as a study aid - how to make this feasible in terms of a marketable pill I'm not sure, but I'll throw it out there.

#6 Adam Mc Donald

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:35 AM

I have no experience with oxi so I may try that first.

I took Phenyl/sulbutiamine/caffeine for the first time last week and it was great.. but users wont like the build up of a tolerance with the phenyl (Im not sure how fast it builds up).

I'm thinking now along the line of something like

-CDP choline (to avoid any headaches)

-Sulbutiamine

-Oxi

-Picamilon

I may even throw in Noopept there as its cheap and effective in terms of what Im looking for.. but I don't want the proce getting too high so it will probably be at the expense of the sulbutiamine

I've never tried picamilon or oxi though.

I

#7 Adam Mc Donald

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:17 AM

Im undecided whether to use picamilon or vinpocetine. Some users have mentioned a tolerance to picamilon and some withdrawal symptoms.. and that both have similar positive effects.

#8 maik2013

• 43 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:55 AM

You should add 2g krill oil or flaxseed oil (i don't like fishoil) as omega3 source and also ALCAR. I also think vinpocetine is safer. Pica is a GABA drug and can cause serious side effects imo. I would also test pramiracetam and see if you feel good on it, because many don't. 

Edited by maik2013, 11 April 2014 - 07:03 AM.

#9 Adam Mc Donald

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:40 PM

I tried vinpocetine and prami, both are okay but prami is quite expensive. I have not tried picamilon but I hear its like phenibut(which I have tried).

im getting oxi this week and Im going to try that out. Im thinking along the lines of oxi/sulbutiamine/noopept/Choline CDP combo... maybe vinpocetine but IDK if that's necessary.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#10 Ritchie

• 183 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:05 AM

Instead of L-tyrosine, try adding in some Mucuna Pruriens. It is much stronger than L-tyrosine as a dopamine precursor and has very little side effects documented. In fact some energy drinks already use it as an ingredient.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: study, stack noopept

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users