• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

why the foods we eat end up becoming stored fat in our bodies?

fat omega 7 pyruvate

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:41 AM

Why couldn't it all just get flushed out and not be stored in the body? Why can't the body automatically take in what is needed and flush out what isn't?

I'm only under 160 pounds but the fat on my belly could never go away regardless of the types of workouts I do including the fat burning "deadlift" workout. As if the fat on my belly that had been stored throughout the years is too deep in the skin that it just would not go away, as if I should have burned the calories or fat I ate throughout the years so it would not have accumulated. I'm not out of shape at all. I was just curious. I read an article in Life Extension magazine about the "newly discovered" omega 7, palmitoleic acid, having to do with burning stored fat. I'd have to re-read the article again to make sure I didn't confuse it about another thing. I just started taking some calcium pyruvate as pyruvate is said to be a fat burner (due to pyruvic acid), 2000mg daily which only yields 30% daily value of calcium and the rest is pyruvate.
  • dislike x 1

#2 LaViidaLocaa

• 96 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:48 PM

1) we store excess energy as fat in order to tap into those reserves in times of deficits. If it would work like you're saying, you'd pretty much die when you don't have access to food for a couple of days, for example

2) losing weight is all about creating a deficit, i.e. burning more energy than taking in calories. So-called 'fat burners' usually have a negligible effect regarding fat loss itself, though can help by suppressing appetite.

#3 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:31 PM

Belly fat is connected to excess cortisol, the stress hormone.
What's your diet like?

https://www.facebook...pe=3&permPage=1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:07 AM

I think I eat OK. Like I said I am only under 160 pounds and in good shape other than the belly area fat. I knew it was cortisol. Lavidaloca's explanation seem to make sense.

My sibling who eats more than me and weighs about under 140 pounds stays skinny and never had belly fat. His diet is horrible. What could be "right" with his genetics? While in high school, my observation was some people who ate big either grew taller, the others who ate big grew wider. I belonged to the growing wider crowd.

Belly fat is connected to excess cortisol, the stress hormone.
What's your diet like?

https://www.facebook...pe=3&permPage=1

#5 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:11 AM

so are some people "reserving" a bit much then? so to un-store this "energy" it must be used? How does one gain weight without the fat? I'm happy at my weight and actually wished I had 20 pounds more but not of belly fat.

1) we store excess energy as fat in order to tap into those reserves in times of deficits. If it would work like you're saying, you'd pretty much die when you don't have access to food for a couple of days, for example

2) losing weight is all about creating a deficit, i.e. burning more energy than taking in calories. So-called 'fat burners' usually have a negligible effect regarding fat loss itself, though can help by suppressing appetite.

#6 LaViidaLocaa

• 96 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:36 AM

so are some people "reserving" a bit much then? so to un-store this "energy" it must be used? How does one gain weight without the fat? I'm happy at my weight and actually wished I had 20 pounds more but not of belly fat.

I too try to gain weight without too much fat, since I'm trying to build muscle as a weightlifter. Try to eat roughly 300 calories above maintenance (if you don't know your maintenance expenditure, use an online calculator and start with that) each day and lift weights following a decent workout routine. This will lead to a slow, but lean bulk, i.e. making you gain about 0.5-1 lb. per week. If you find that this goes too slow, increase calories to a 500 surplus. If you find you're adding on too much fat, decrease calories a bit.

To 'unstore' the energy, one has to expend it, yes, or eat in a deficit. Note, however, that without the uses of steroids or being a real beginner, it's almost impossible to build muscle (gain weight) and lose fat at the same time.

Hope this helps!

#7 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:41 AM

I have used steroids before but didn't eat properly. My weight gain was 20 pounds of water! LOL. Of course 20 pounds of water was lost during summer time when I sweat it out. I went from the 150's to the 170's, now back at the 160 weight due to creatine, and food.

#8 blood

• 926 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:44 AM

HIIT, high intensity interval training, has been found to be effective for whittling away abdominal fat on men.

E.g., "Lifesprints", which is alternating fast and slow pedalling on an exercise bike, for 30 minutes. You do three sessions a week, max.

- http://www.abc.net.a...-in-men/4105008

- http://www.examiner....ints-will-do-it

There is some music for the work-outs:
- http://www.lifesprints.com

(This will leave you gasping for breath - don't load up on stimulants like PEA before you attempt it - unless you want a heart attack).

#9 LaViidaLocaa

• 96 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:48 AM

I have used steroids before but didn't eat properly. My weight gain was 20 pounds of water! LOL. Of course 20 pounds of water was lost during summer time when I sweat it out. I went from the 150's to the 170's, now back at the 160 weight due to creatine, and food.

Are you sure those were 'steroids'? A lot of people that use them do not eat properly, yet even with just some weight lifting, the steroidal compounds induce protein (i.e. muscle) synthesis. It would be hard to believe you only put on water.

HIIT, high intensity interval training, has been found to be effective for whittling away abdominal fat on men.

E.g., "Lifesprints", which is alternating fast and slow pedalling on an exercise bike, for 30 minutes. You do three sessions a week, max.

- http://www.abc.net.a...-in-men/4105008

- http://www.examiner....ints-will-do-it

There is some music for the work-outs:
- http://www.lifesprints.com

(This will leave you gasping for breath - don't load up on stimulants like PEA before you attempt it - unless you want a heart attack).

True, HIIT is VERY effective, I know from experience. I prefer the running version instead of the exercise bike, since it's a little more effective and it doesn't hurt my butt as much :P

#10 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:53 AM

Blood, I don't think PEA is meant for cardio heavy excercises so I won't use that for sure. It should be great for bench pressing. LOL.

Lavida, testosterone enanthate, anavar, and HGH Kigtropin were what I took. Sure I gained muscles. I was exaggerating a bit because I did lose the 20 pounds of weight on me that I gained after I had stopped the use of those compounds so I assumed they were water weight gains. It was my first and only cycle, but my next one I have more knowledge (lift the heaviest shit you can lift).

From what I understand the reason why some steroid users avoid eating too much is the compound itself will make them big as you mentioned but BIGGER when eating, some say they feel bloated and appear to lose their "neck" since they got so big so they watch their calorie intake. I was advised to be careful what I eat yet some "hard gainers" could eat twice or more than any regular person (5000 calories a day or more). Still surprised those amount do not get stored as fat in some of these bodybuilders.

Edited by eon, 31 March 2014 - 08:02 AM.

#11 LaViidaLocaa

• 96 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:09 AM

Blood, I don't think PEA is meant for cardio heavy excercises so I won't use that for sure. It should be great for bench pressing. LOL.

Lavida, testosterone enanthate, anavar, and HGH Kigtropin were what I took. Sure I gained muscles. I was exaggerating a bit because I did lose the 20 pounds of weight on me that I gained after I had stopped the use of those compounds so I assumed they were water weight gains. It was my first and only cycle, but my next one I have more knowledge (lift the heaviest shit you can lift).

From what I understand the reason why some steroid users avoid eating too much is the compound itself will make them big as you mentioned but BIGGER when eating, some say they feel bloated and appear to lose their "neck" since they got so big so they watch their calorie intake. I was advised to be careful what I eat yet some "hard gainers" could eat twice or more than any regular person (5000 calories a day or more). Still surprised those amount do not get stored as fat in some of these bodybuilders.

There is not really that much of a difference between so-called 'hard gainers' and people that appear to put on fat easily. The former is probably more active, eats wiser, stand/move all day, do cardio (more) often, maybe incorporates tricks such as cold showers, caffeine, capsaicin, ephedrine, … .

#12 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:36 PM

Not sure if the "cold shower" trick is to induce shivering, which is said to warm up the body. Not sure how effective this is to shedding fat.

#13 LaViidaLocaa

• 96 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:57 AM

Not sure if the "cold shower" trick is to induce shivering, which is said to warm up the body. Not sure how effective this is to shedding fat.

It slightly increases your BMR, but it also has other benefits such as a boost to your immune system, mental clarity, higher energy and mood levels, possibly increased T levels, ...
I have been taking them for over a month now and I have to say: I don't miss warm showers at all, you really feel great after taking a cold one!

#14 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:10 AM

Sounds about right. There was a time where I used up my hot water using the sink faucet so when I got into the shower there was no hot water left so I had to use just cold water. It did wake me up meaning it gave me energy after freezing for 10 minutes. Not sure what the science is behind this but it seems to work. Warm showers make me want to go back to sleep. How cold do you like it? Do you just use cold water or mix it with a bit of hot water so it's not that cold, not warm either. What is BMR?

I think I read somewhere really warm water is bad for hair. Not sure if that is true.

Edited by eon, 01 April 2014 - 08:12 AM.

#15 LaViidaLocaa

• 96 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:44 AM

Sounds about right. There was a time where I used up my hot water using the sink faucet so when I got into the shower there was no hot water left so I had to use just cold water. It did wake me up meaning it gave me energy after freezing for 10 minutes. Not sure what the science is behind this but it seems to work. Warm showers make me want to go back to sleep. How cold do you like it? Do you just use cold water or mix it with a bit of hot water so it's not that cold, not warm either. What is BMR?

I think I read somewhere really warm water is bad for hair. Not sure if that is true.

I always turn it to the coldest water as possible, feels great! Go cold turkey: don't start with warm water, because you'll end up doubting whether you should do it or not. ;)
BMR = Basal metabolic rate
Some people say that cold water is better for your hair and skin, yes, nice benefit as well if that's true.

#16 JohnD60

• 540 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:48 PM

It seems to me the supplement companies have renamed monounsaturated fat as "Omega 7" in order to sell supplements. It is certainly is not a new discovery. I doubt Omega 7 has any effect on weight loss. It is highly unlikely you are not getting adequate monounsaturated fat. I have had success going from 11%bf to 8%bf, without any special effort, just by switching to a ketogenic diet. Everyone is different. Try different things to find out what is best for you.

Edited by JohnD60, 01 April 2014 - 02:51 PM.

#17 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:55 AM

Ok i have been showering in cold water for the past week. I think I like it. Although the shower is not dialed in to 100% cold, it is about 75% so it is not freezing that you can't feel your body. LOL. I hope this still works. It certainly is a huge change from all those hot showers I had been taking for years.

#18 LaViidaLocaa

• 96 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:39 AM

Ok i have been showering in cold water for the past week. I think I like it. Although the shower is not dialed in to 100% cold, it is about 75% so it is not freezing that you can't feel your body. LOL. I hope this still works. It certainly is a huge change from all those hot showers I had been taking for years.

I know it feels odd and uncomfortable at first, you ask yourself 'what the heck am I doing?!' You get used to it though and it feels good. You can slowly change the water to 100% cold to reap even more benefits, but you are still doing good the way you do it now ;)

#19 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:51 AM

eon, just be aware that you're stressing your body to feel better, and It may not be effective forever.

• like x 1

#20 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:31 PM

Rwac you saying to cycle on and off?

#21 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:43 PM

Lavida since I am trying to bulk up without steroids at the moment the weight gained seem to be of fat. This is frustrating. You were saying if I were to use steroids and I didn't eat big I'd still bulk up? Curious how and where the weight gain and bulk is coming from? Water? The steroids would have to convert something to bulk up like huge amount of food? What if all I eat is vegetables and fruits which are mostly water how would this work out? My planned dose of testosterone acetate is around therapeutic trt dosage of 200 mg weekly or 50 mg every other day.

I had been using arginine but found out it has contraindications with schizophrenia which some of my relative has. I felt unusual after using it off and on for days. Not sure why it is problematic with schizophrenics but I read it has something to do with the nitric oxide it provides.

Arginine and lysine does give me great pumps in the gym. What could counter arginine's schizophrenia contraindications? I like using it but something about it made me feel unusual. Does it mess around with brain waves or something?

Edited by eon, 13 April 2014 - 07:55 PM.

#22 LaViidaLocaa

• 96 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:56 PM

Lavida since I am trying to bulk up without steroids at the moment the weight gained seem to be of fat. This is frustrating. You were saying if I were to use steroids and I didn't eat big I'd still bulk up? Curious how and where the weight gain and bulk is coming from? Water? The steroids would have to convert something to bulk up like huge amount of food? What if all I eat is vegetables and fruits which are mostly water how would this work out? My planned dose of testosterone acetate is around therapeutic trt dosage of 200 mg weekly or 50 mg every other day.

I had been using arginine but found out it has contraindications with schizophrenia which some of my relative has. I felt unusual after using it off and on for days. Not sure why it is problematic with schizophrenics but I read it has something to do with the nitric oxide it provides.

I think you misinterpreted what I said. I said that steroid users often do not eat properly, i.e. 'clean'. They don't consider food as a health agent, but merely as a source of calories (in terms of bodybuilding: IIFYM). Of course you'll have to eat enough protein and calories to give your body the required energy and building blocks.

#23 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:58 PM

Cycling would be better, just know that you're dipping into your reserves.

• like x 1

#24 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:27 AM

would a gluten free diet make things better? I do not have celiac disease which I think gluten is said to be avoided, which is telling that gluten is not good whether if you have celiac disease or not (?). I've cut down on bread which is gluten. A lot of things that most people eat are gluten which is hard to avoid. Maybe this is why fats gets stored in the belly area, in my case?

Edited by eon, 29 April 2014 - 10:30 AM.

#25 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:30 AM

back to BMR and cold showers; I've been showering in cold water most of the time but the weather is getting cold now so I may either cut it down to a few or turn the cold knob slightly center so it's not too cold. My observation is when getting my head wet I shiver more, but with just a "body shower" I don't shiver as much. Does this mean because my brain just got hit with cold water that I reacted the way I did (shivered)? Curious if simply being "cold" could induce BMR, not necessarily a "cold shower"? Being cold as in going inside a walk in freezer or wearing less during freezing temperatures? I knew a physical ed teacher who wore shorts and t-shirts during freezing temps, not sure if he knows something I don't? Do I set my heat at 70 and not 80, etc?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fat, omega 7, pyruvate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users