Photo

I think there is a virus in my head

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:05 PM

I think there is a virus in my head. I must request that I am kept separate and not reanimated until it is possible to rid my body of the virus. There may be more than one virus in me. Warning. I do not want to die but I am pretty sure that I shall have an autopsy. What can I do to prevent people being infected and to get a new life? This is Alzheimers should I give up? Or continue the fight. I am taking licorice in the hope it might help. I started today. I read someone that it kills the herpes virus but I think mine is the cytomegalow virus. Anyone who attempts a reanimation ought to be aware of this serious problem :|o

#2 YOLF

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:58 PM

Hi Ceridwen,

By the time you are reanimated, they will have a cure for your ills. That is part of the cryonics contracts. Patients are "individually wrapped" or sealed for safe storage, esp. neuro patients whose heads are placed in something that looks like a stainless steel paint can. Though if the wrapping or seals allow leaks, I'm sure they'd take the health records of everyone in the cryotube into consideration and wait until vaccines were found for all of the conditions afflicting the community of a particular cryotube before reanimating any of them. Additionally, it is possible to maintain a patient at a gaseous nitrogen temperature similar to what is done for cord blood.

CC

Good luck with your health, have posted anything in our other forums?

Edited by cryonicsculture, 01 April 2014 - 07:01 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 ceridwen

• Topic Starter
  • 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:51 PM

Thanks for reassuring me. What I am going through now is very frightening indeed but it is reassuring to know that.

#4 benbest

• Registrant, Advisor
  • 142 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:34 AM

CytoMegaloVirus affects your immune system more than your cognitive processes. See:

http://www.lef.org/m...a-Israel_02.htm

#5 ceridwen

• Topic Starter
  • 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:50 PM

could be HSV? Whatever it is it's killing me

#6 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:02 AM

It's probably not a virus at all, but rather one of the more common dysfunctions.  I really doubt that it's killing you.  You can relax in the knowledge that whatever it is that's troubling you will not make it past your reanimation, nor will it be a danger to anyone else.

#7 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:12 AM

...neuro patients whose heads are placed in something that looks like a stainless steel paint can.

How many heads are out there in those paint cans?

#8 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:14 AM

...neuro patients whose heads are placed in something that looks like a stainless steel paint can.

At least one guy that used to hang out here, and a lot more. Alcor has 124 patients (as they refer to them), the majority of whom are neuro rather than full body preservations. There are at least two other smaller cryo preservation organizations that I know of.

Edited by niner, 19 May 2014 - 02:15 AM.

#9 YOLF

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:39 AM

I don't know the actual numbers, but it's quite a few. Something like 100 at Alcor and 10 at KrioRus. I'm not sure whether or not Oregon Cryonics has frozen their first human patient or not yet. The Cryonics Institute only does whole body and has about 110 patients in cryostasis.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:51 PM

Isn't William O'Rights at CI?  He's neuro.  I didn't realize that CI was that large.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users