- - - - -

Give me a Hippocampal Neurogenic Stack.

hippocampus hippocampal nerurogenesis bdnf neurotrophic factor

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Lobotomy

• 110 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:10 AM

I've discovered my problem and I am in a BIG rush to fix it. I am fatigued 100% of the time, I do not dream, memorization is nigh impossible, work is way, way harder than it needs to be, I have no motivation, I'm in a depressive fog most of the time, I stumble like a drunk when I'm sober, I have very close to intolerable depression (last summer was almost my end, but I had more than a good enough reason to feel that way), and my overall health (160/99 BP on a somewhat built, sub-200lb, 6'1" male) is suffering because of it. I could go on. All of these symptoms point to hippocampal damage.

I am an active user of nootropics and they help me in a myriad of ways, but I consistently feel as though there's still something missing from my cognition. What is it again? OH! Working memory.

I'm going to start the following:

Rhodiola Rosea
NSI-189 (as soon as I get the money together for synthesis)
Melatonin (To promote REM sleep, of which I presumably get none of.)

On top of what I already have in my stack, which is:

Coluracetam 15-30mg 1-3 times daily <- Fantastic stuff by the way, just wonderful.
Choline Bitartrate 1.6-2 grams twice daily <- I'm sure I have a Choline deficiency, and I use it to offset the (heavy) Noopept use, as well as to treat some liver issues.
Noopept 20-50mg 1-3 times daily <- Keeps me awake and alert, unfortunately adds to my memory issues if not supplemented with the choline salts.

Occasionally Pramiracetam, Piracetam, Oxiracetam come into play here.

What else should I add to increase BDNF in the hippocampus, as well as protect what I have? Is there anything else outside of that you can suggest? I'm desperate, here. I can't keep fucking living like this.

Edited by Lobotomy, 03 April 2014 - 05:19 AM.

#2 penisbreath

• Validating/Suspended
  • 530 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:13 AM

Potato Starch. Check out Lostfalco's thread.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 Lobotomy

• Topic Starter
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:15 AM

Care to give me a synopsis, as well as a link?

I'm sure the guy has made more than one thread.

Also, potato starch, like just eating more potatoes? I'm Irish, buddy, nobody out-potatoes me.

Edited by Lobotomy, 03 April 2014 - 05:16 AM.

• like x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#4 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:51 AM

you need raw potatoes for resistant starch, or green bananas, cashews, etc

do you exercise regularly? regular intense exercise is the single most effective way to cure brain fog, and fatigue, and amotivational syndrome. it is foolish to hope for a significant benefit from nootropics unless you already have a healthy diet and lifestyle. Obviously, it is not easy to exercise when you lack motivation and energy, but forcing yourself to do it is the only way to get more energy.

Other recommended supplements: curcumin, egcg, ashwagandha, high dose capsaicin (as experimental brain fog cure)

You should also set a consistent routine. Sleep hygiene is very important. Going to bed at the same time every night, no blue lights within a few hours before bed (download flux), rising with the sun - if your schedule allows
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#5 Lobotomy

• Topic Starter
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:14 AM

I'm not necessarily looking for a brain fog cure, specifically hippocampal growth. Are these supplements shown to help that?

Also I exercise.

#6 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:22 AM

curcumin increases bdnf, i think egcg does too, as well as facilitate hippocampal growth. ashwagandha stimulates neurite outgrowth in both dendrites and axons. i think resistance starch is supposed to be elevate neurotrophic factors.
dual-n-back is good for working memory.

Why do you want a bigger hippocampus? i would also argue that exercise is the most effective treatment for depression...

#7 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:29 AM

I think adaptogen has sound advice. The hippocampus thrives when we exercise and move our body around in new environments.

Daily brisk 45 minute walks along different routes in your neighbourhood, or even better, if you have the time, in nature.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19405143
http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC1838482/
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19276839

#8 penisbreath

• Validating/Suspended
  • 530 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:36 PM

Care to give me a synopsis, as well as a link?

I'm sure the guy has made more than one thread.

Also, potato starch, like just eating more potatoes? I'm Irish, buddy, nobody out-potatoes me.

http://www.longecity...ic-experiments/

The last few pages detail people's experience with potato starch. I'm not sure how it works, exactly, but one of the purported benefits is a boost in BDNF. Consume up to 80g a day, in cold water.

#9 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

excercise releases norepinephrine, adrenaline and other things in me (i read it activates cannbinoid receptors too) which give me anxiety, stress and feeling overall in bad mood. how come everyone else benefits from excercise but me :(
on the depression topic regarding excercise i recently read new article that says excercise DOES NOT help with depression. it explains it to me at least since i used to run and work out like crazy to beat mine, as mentioned above, excercise gives me bad bad anxiety and worrysome. kind of surprised nobody else gets that....

#10 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:42 PM

Cerebrolsyin.

#11 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:59 AM

yeah, excited to IV anything!
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#12 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:40 AM

excercise releases norepinephrine, adrenaline and other things in me (i read it activates cannbinoid receptors too) which give me anxiety, stress and feeling overall in bad mood. how come everyone else benefits from excercise but me :(
on the depression topic regarding excercise i recently read new article that says excercise DOES NOT help with depression. it explains it to me at least since i used to run and work out like crazy to beat mine, as mentioned above, excercise gives me bad bad anxiety and worrysome. kind of surprised nobody else gets that....

Sounds like you simply need to do less strainful exercise. Brisk walks are unlikely to trigger a fight or flight response, but if they do, just try again at a slightly lower pace.

If that doesn't work, then do very slow tai chi or walking meditation.

Edited by Godof Smallthings, 04 April 2014 - 02:42 AM.

#13 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:52 AM

yeah, excited to IV anything!

Posted Image

IM is the most commonly used RoA.

#14 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:24 AM

^ i only trust oral

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#15 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:46 AM

That's what she said.

Sorry, you left that hanging there. But seriously, some very potent and useful chemicals for targeted and proven neurotrophy are completely inactive orally.

Edited by Jeoshua, 06 April 2014 - 03:46 AM.

• dislike x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hippocampus, hippocampal, nerurogenesis, bdnf, neurotrophic, factor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users