* * * * - 11 votes

Nicotinamide Riboside (NR/Niagen) personal experience thread

nicotinamide ribo nr niagen nad niagen sinclair hpn n(r) david sinclair basis

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2266 replies to this topic

#271 mikela

• 109 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:59 PM

I guess we'll have to wait for Chromadex to publish the results of their human trials before we really know what dose is needed to improve mitochondrial - nuclear signaling.  (if we even know then...)  Some of the other effects, like more vivid dreams, for example, are coming in at a fairly low dose.  I'm now taking 125mg in the morning, and getting the dream effect.  I think I'm getting used to 125, and hope to increase my dose to 250 mg next.  My initial attempts to take 500mg resulted in insomnia, and 250 was on the edge.    I don't know if getting vivid dreams (or insomnia) means anything with respect to beneficial effects.  Time will tell.

Hi Niner,

Are you still taking 1 g of Niacin?

Mike

#272 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:36 PM

I guess we'll have to wait for Chromadex to publish the results of their human trials before we really know what dose is needed to improve mitochondrial - nuclear signaling.  (if we even know then...)  Some of the other effects, like more vivid dreams, for example, are coming in at a fairly low dose.  I'm now taking 125mg in the morning, and getting the dream effect.  I think I'm getting used to 125, and hope to increase my dose to 250 mg next.  My initial attempts to take 500mg resulted in insomnia, and 250 was on the edge.    I don't know if getting vivid dreams (or insomnia) means anything with respect to beneficial effects.  Time will tell.

I've been taking 4 caps a day (500 mg) on alternate weeks with no noticeable sleep or dream effects..

Howard

#273 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:07 AM

Are you still taking 1 g of Niacin?

Yup.  And I just went up to 250mg NR again today.  It's a little after 9PM and I don't feel particularly jacked up, so that's a good sign.  I was thinking about maybe stopping the niacin for a while to see if it had any effect on my NR experience.

#274 Bryan_S

• 1,217 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 03:05 AM

Here is a note for others, I've always been a coffee drinker. I could have several cups through the day and the felling just didn't last. That all pretty much changed when I started the (NR). I can now sip a cup all morning, I mean it gets cold. In fact many days I wake up already raring to go anyway. So my sensitivity to caffeine seems to have risen. I'm not totally unhappy with that because just a little will do me. I haven't tried any coffee in the evening, that sounds like asking for trouble.

#275 Ceci1ia

• 13 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:09 PM

I posted about my experience elsewhere, and M-K suggested I post this here too:

"The first two months I took Niagen, it was like a dream come true. I had so much energy and my workouts were amazing. I was sleeping like a baby and I had a wonderful feeling of emotional well being. I took 2 pills first thing in the morning. I allowed a few days in between bottles of Niagen. When I started my third bottle, there was nothing. No effects, no great sleep, my workouts were a chore and I wasn't receiving the same benefits. I tried taking one extra pill in the afternoon, but there was no change. I tried opening another new bottle to see if the other bottle was contaminated, but there was no change. I returned to taking 2 pills first thing in the morning, but when this bottle is over, I don't foresee buying any more Niagen. I can't figure out what happened. It was amazing while it lasted."

I am 58, vegan, gluten-free, mostly healthy.

It was suggested I go for two months and re-start. Since I have most of my last bottle left, I will do that.

#276 Bryan_S

• 1,217 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:05 PM

Ceci1ia,  I've seen your posts. I've been taking it now for 240 days straight. I doubt there is anything wrong with the quality of your Nicotinamide Riboside (NR) product. You and I only differ in age by a few years, however I'm not a vegan but have recently reduced my gluten to a minimum to help mitigate my inflammation problems.

Many things can affect your energy levels and some people on this forum will hate me for saying this but "I don't believe in a totally vegan life style." I myself experimented with a meat free lifestyle in my 20's (8-years) and was plagued by a constant loss of energy. In those days I was a massage therapist and very physically active. As I got older I added some animal products back in my diet and my energy returned.

Now I'm not suggesting this for you, I'm just relaying my experience.

I believe there are nutrients our bodies can't synthesize on our own or depending on the diet we eat we just to few of them such as a vegan diet. My son grew up as a vegan and at one point he hit a wall after attending classes abroad and getting sick and the doctors found he was B-12 deficient. He was likely on the nutrient cusp but the added demand on his system pushed him over the edge. He started taking B-12 and a general multi-vitamin and that was the end of that.

Here is my theory and someone can offer opposing conjecture, as you began your (NR) regiment your metabolism increased and with that your micronutrient demand. Your increased metabolism may well have exceeded your micronutrient intake and it was only a matter of time before you hit a wall. I believe as you suggest if you go two months off (NR) and re-start you'll likely see your energy return but fall off once again. Its hard to say working with incomplete information but I would lean to a micronutrient deficiency baring any other undiagnosed health issue.

Sounds like your just on the cusp and when the (NR) kicks in you get an energy boost then it depletes your available micronutrients and you experience the fall off. If the problem persists I'd get a doctors opinion, however I doubt any doctor will give your Nicotinamide Riboside (NR) intake any weight until there is more clinical data.

Be well

#277 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:20 PM

I believe there are nutrients our bodies can't synthesize on our own or depending on the diet we eat we just to few of them such as a vegan diet. My son grew up as a vegan and at one point he hit a wall after attending classes abroad and getting sick and the doctors found he was B-12 deficient. He was likely on the nutrient cusp but the added demand on his system pushed him over the edge. He started taking B-12 and a general multi-vitamin and that was the end of that.

Here is my theory and someone can offer opposing conjecture, as you began your (NR) regiment your metabolism increased and with that your micronutrient demand. Your increased metabolism may well have exceeded your micronutrient intake and it was only a matter of time before you hit a wall. I believe as you suggest if you go two months off (NR) and re-start you'll likely see your energy return but fall off once again. Its hard to say working with incomplete information but I would lean to a micronutrient deficiency baring any other undiagnosed health issue.

Sounds like your just on the cusp and when the (NR) kicks in you get an energy boost then it depletes your available micronutrients and you experience the fall off. If the problem persists I'd get a doctors opinion, however I doubt any doctor will give your Nicotinamide Riboside (NR) intake any weight until there is more clinical data.

If this is the case (and I'm not sure it is), then Ceci1ia should be able to fix it by supplementing whatever micronutrient is missing from her diet.  I don't think that a doctor is going to have any idea what to do with "these pills I got on the internet made me feel great, but they don't work any more".

• like x 3

#278 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:57 PM

If this is the case (and I'm not sure it is), then Ceci1ia should be able to fix it by supplementing whatever micronutrient is missing from her diet. I don't think that a doctor is going to have any idea what to do with "these pills I got on the internet made me feel great, but they don't work any more".

It also could be the case (and I am not sure it is) that the novelty of taking the next great anti-aging compound just wore off. Her presentation sounds like placebo to me, and I hope I'm wrong, I hope it's not placebo, and I hope that NR is worth taking and isn't causing anyone any harm. But where is the evidence that taking NR is worth the money and the hope? It seems like another expensive, unproven vitamin supplement -- the list of those is painfully long. Then again, is it worth waiting 15-years for human clinical trials, or do we just keep gambling our health with our money and hope? That's a very personal question, I guess.
  • dislike x 1

#279 SMichelle28

• 28 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:24 PM

If this is the case (and I'm not sure it is), then Ceci1ia should be able to fix it by supplementing whatever micronutrient is missing from her diet. I don't think that a doctor is going to have any idea what to do with "these pills I got on the internet made me feel great, but they don't work any more".

It also could be the case (and I am not sure it is) that the novelty of taking the next great anti-aging compound just wore off. Her presentation sounds like placebo to me, and I hope I'm wrong, I hope it's not placebo, and I hope that NR is worth taking and isn't causing anyone any harm. But where is the evidence that taking NR is worth the money and the hope? It seems like another expensive, unproven vitamin supplement -- the list of those is painfully long. Then again, is it worth waiting 15-years for human clinical trials, or do we just keep gambling our health with our money and hope? That's a very personal question, I guess.

I wouldn't go to the point of calling the effect of NR a placebo. The changes it has made in my body are undeniable... It's definitely doing something!! I agree with niner that maybe nutrients aren't being met with the higher energy and nutrient demand that comes with taking NR. I have been on it for 5 weeks now and I have to eat a lot more often then I used to. I usually get hungry about every 4 to 5 hours and if I go much longer than that I start to feel like I did when I hadn't eaten the whole day. Also, when you first start taking NR, your body starts to change so drastically from what it was. After a while, your body is going to reach its ideal size and muscle build so changes will be less drastic. I think if you take it long enough, how you feel on NR is going to be the norm.

• dislike x 3
  • like x 2

#280 The_Next_LX

• 32 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 02:17 AM

I wouldn't go to the point of calling the effect of NR a placebo. The changes it has made in my body are undeniable... It's definitely doing something!! I agree with niner that maybe nutrients aren't being met with the higher energy and nutrient demand that comes with taking NR. I have been on it for 5 weeks now and I have to eat a lot more often then I used to. I usually get hungry about every 4 to 5 hours and if I go much longer than that I start to feel like I did when I hadn't eaten the whole day. Also, when you first start taking NR, your body starts to change so drastically from what it was. After a while, your body is going to reach its ideal size and muscle build so changes will be less drastic. I think if you take it long enough, how you feel on NR is going to be the norm.

I am on Day 20 taking 1000mg HPN's N® and 10mg MitoQ, half in the morning, half in the evening (5 hours after eating for an empty stomach).

Ordinarily I can skip/forget a meal, but now I am always hungry, ravenous, which is quite unusual, and I've started to get on the scale in the morning just to be sure I'm not gaining unwanted pounds.

I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem like a placebo effect, but real hunger.

#281 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 02:36 AM

It's definitely doing something!! I agree with niner that maybe nutrients aren't being met with the higher energy and nutrient demand that comes with taking NR. I have been on it for 5 weeks now and I have to eat a lot more often then I used to. I usually get hungry about every 4 to 5 hours and if I go much longer than that I start to feel like I did when I hadn't eaten the whole day. .

That's pretty interesting. Have you tried entering your daily diet into a database like, say, cronometer to see if you're lacking any obvious nutrients?

And by any chance did you (or anyone) happen to have any blood tests done before and after consuming NR? I wonder if blood testing might be an avenue of more info?

Edited by sthira, 21 September 2014 - 02:40 AM.

#282 kenj

• 747 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:34 AM

Been taking it for some months now, and one anecdotal effect I definitely notice is I sweat much more during exercise. It's pretty evident; my shirts are now always drenched after cardio, and earlier this summer it was just crazy. 

I guess it's normal to sweat during physical activity, but I've never perspired so much in my life, - even now when the temperature has dropped a bit it looks like I've showered with the clothes on, after a 30 mins run.

(Also, my joints might tolerate more running these days, but I'm not absolutely sure if that's due to the NR?, could be other factors as well, since I'm always trying new things/supps) 

#283 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:33 PM

I gotta say I'm happy for (and envious of!) all you who've seen or felt something on NR. I took 250mg per day for six-months and felt nada. And I had the obligatory before & after blood tests which didn't change during the trial. Maybe I'll try again and at higher doses, maybe 500 mg. The stuff is expensive, though...

#284 Bryan_S

• 1,217 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:31 PM

I gotta say I'm happy for (and envious of!) all you who've seen or felt something on NR. I took 250mg per day for six-months and felt nada. And I had the obligatory before & after blood tests which didn't change during the trial. Maybe I'll try again and at higher doses, maybe 500 mg. The stuff is expensive, though...

Unless were talking about a double blind clinical study everything posted on this fourm is anecdotal. Also many of us are at vastly different ages and some of us are combining different supplements, medications to our daily regiments and we all have different levels of physical activity. Because of this its hard to say whats really working from one individual to the next. I remember someone saying that you might not expect to see much affect from trying to raise the NAD levels of young people because their NAD levels are already high, but an older individual would likely see and feel the change.

Now its true we do not have human clinical data yet. The recent PK study in August hasn't been published but we do have data coming (See URL) in the near future from this and other studies. (URL for upcoming studies)  Let me mention Dr. Leonard Guarente and when asked about waiting for all the data to come in, would he take one of the NAD boosters? He eluded to his age, the likely safety of the (natural) NAD precursors and said "I don't really want to wait." I'd have to go back into the video and extract his exact comment but that was the gist. So the pure and simple answer is you should wait and see if you think there is a risk. I were young that would be my stance.

The placebo effect is very real and I wouldn't discount that at all in the case of Ceci1ia and as I eluded there could be other medical or micronutrient issues. However for me I took the stuff at the recommended dose for a month and discontinued it because I thought I was wasting my money. How do you quantify the benefits of something that makes slowly accumulating imperceptible changes to your physiology? In my case I was suffering from the chronic inflammation from an old injury. We're talking about the type of inflammation that brings on extreme edema. I was seeing a physical therapist, ice packs every day, several hours of elevation daily, DMSO and a liberal amount of sodium naproxen twice a day. I'd been on this routine for months and made little headway, then I started my first months supply of (NR) Niagen. It didn't do the job all at once and by the end of the first month I'd attributed my gains to the success of the multitude of other things I was doing. It wasn't until after I discontinued my (NR) and began losing ground again that I realized I hadn't been wasting my money. So I might be suffering from a placebo effect as well but after 241 days and so many other gains I rather doubt it at this point but would still concede to the possibility because my doctor doesn't recognize the (NR) as a factor either. In fact "he's never heard of it."

Everything on this forum is anecdotal and Nicotinamide Riboside isn't clinically recognized yet. If we look at the cell and animal studies we know that data sugests the affect of (NR) as a NAD booster appears ubiquitous across all studies. The animal studies are not anecdotal and this data "most likely" translates over into human metabolism as well.

If ChromaDex is monitoring this board please publish your data so we can put this question of "does the animal data translate over to humans, and how much Niagen does it take to generate similar results in humans?

Edited by Bryan_S, 21 September 2014 - 06:34 PM.

#285 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:58 PM

Has anyone here who is taking Niagen tested blood levels of NAD?

A simplistic, wild speculation, but perhaps Ceci1ia had a niacin deficiency that was rebalanced?

#286 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:59 AM

That would be too bad if 500/day for three months would have done the trick.  Once we get human dosing really sorted out, I wonder if Chromadex will adjust the price.  I should probably be wondering in which direction the adjustment would be, too...

Everything on this forum is anecdotal and Nicotinamide Riboside isn't clinically recognized yet. If we look at the cell and animal studies we know that data sugests the affect of (NR) as a NAD booster appears ubiquitous across all studies. The animal studies are not anecdotal and this data "most likely" translates over into human metabolism as well.

If ChromaDex is monitoring this board please publish your data so we can put this question of "does the animal data translate over to humans, and how much Niagen does it take to generate similar results in humans?

It's true that reports here are technically anecdotes, but there are anecdotes and there are anecdotes...   This information is not without value.    ChromaDex may or may not monitor this forum, but I'm pretty sure they will not post their data prior to publication.  If someone strikes up a conversation with them, they might be kind enough to give us a preprint once the paper is accepted.

#287 D Mason

• 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:48 AM

I just finished a week rest after my first bottle.  I've been taking 1 250mg pill every morning for about month, the last week I upped my dose to 500mg per day.  I definitely noticed more energy throughout the day, also my brain seemed to work better, as in my I was able to focus on conversions and make sense of what people were saying faster.   a few days into the month, I started really looking forward to taking Niagen in the morning.  It was helping me wake up and get going.. and gave me a better outlook on the day. 

Now I've been cycling Niagen on and off for a little while now.  This was the first time I went a whole month without stopping.  Previous times when I stopped I noticed a difference.  This time, I didn't notice anything, I still had good energy levels.  My focus was pretty good. 

Here's the strange part.  After stopping my sex drive went way up!   It was like I was in my 30's.... Not teenage years unfortunately,  but stronger than usual.   

Has anyone else notice this? 

I'm curious if this will go away once I start again.  Will keep you posted. 

I just ordered more from Live Cell Research.  I found some 6 bottle deal for around $35 per bottle.   If anyone wants the link, I could prably dig it up again.

#288 to age or not to age

• 151 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:29 PM

If this is the case (and I'm not sure it is), then Ceci1ia should be able to fix it by supplementing whatever micronutrient is missing from her diet.  I don't think that a doctor is going to have any idea what to do with "these pills I got on the internet made me feel great, but they don't work any more".

#289 to age or not to age

• 151 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:41 PM

Another idea has been percolating.  I have 2 general instinctive theories:

Our vast metabolism tends to try to find equilibrium; this means that things tend to move 

back to what they were.  This has major implications with regard to a host of aging interventions.

All the feed back loops can -either/or- heighten a change, or, pull it back, a tendency towards a

status quo, or possibly an epigenetic influence.

The above mombo jumbo suggests that cycling, or in the case of CR, intermittent fasting, might be the way to go.

My second idea is that once change sets in, it's absorbed into us, your psychology may shift subtly, and you may

no longer perceive the effect.  Both these ideas could be expanded to pages but i have to get back to work now.   

#290 SMichelle28

• 28 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:08 PM

I am on Day 20 taking 1000mg HPN's N® and 10mg MitoQ, half in the morning, half in the evening (5 hours after eating for an empty stomach).

Ordinarily I can skip/forget a meal, but now I am always hungry, ravenous, which is quite unusual, and I've started to get on the scale in the morning just to be sure I'm not gaining unwanted pounds.

It's definitely doing something!! I agree with niner that maybe nutrients aren't being met with the higher energy and nutrient demand that comes with taking NR. I have been on it for 5 weeks now and I have to eat a lot more often then I used to. I usually get hungry about every 4 to 5 hours and if I go much longer than that I start to feel like I did when I hadn't eaten the whole day. .

That's pretty interesting. Have you tried entering your daily diet into a database like, say, cronometer to see if you're lacking any obvious nutrients?

And by any chance did you (or anyone) happen to have any blood tests done before and after consuming NR? I wonder if blood testing might be an avenue of more info?

I used to forget and skip meals all the time too. I can't anymore without getting too hungry. I believe my appetite has increased due to more muscle. It seems like I have developed a lot of muscle in the short amount of time I have been taking NR without changing my physical activity. I do the same workouts I did before NR and never had this much muscle growth! Luckily, I got a body assessment right when I first started taking it so next month I am going to see how my body composition has changed from taking NR at the beginning of next month.

No, I have not kept track of my daily diet in any database. Although not perfect, I have a pretty well balanced diet. I am a dietetics major so I am knowledgeable on proper nutrition and I rarely eat fast food. I have always had issues with my iron levels, even when I eat enough meat, so I actually been supplementing iron. I stopped for a while when I was taking NR but when I noticed I was having some of my old symptoms so I started taking an iron supplement again. 

I am curious what will happen if I start taking more than the 250 mg a day? But, it's so expensive I am not sure if it is worth trying it since I get a response at the lower amount?

I used to forget and skip meals all the time too. I can't anymore without getting too hungry. I believe my appetite has increased due to more muscle. It seems like I have developed a lot of muscle in the short amount of time I have been taking NR without changing my physical activity. I do the same workouts I did before NR and never had this much muscle growth! Luckily, I got a body assessment right when I first started taking it so next month I am going to see how my body composition has changed from taking NR at the beginning of next month.

No, I have not kept track of my daily diet in any database. Although not perfect, I have a pretty well balanced diet. I am a dietetics major so I am knowledgeable on proper nutrition and I rarely eat fast food. I have always had issues with my iron levels, even when I eat enough meat, so I actually been supplementing iron. I stopped for a while when I was taking NR but when I noticed I was having some of my old symptoms so I started taking an iron supplement again. 

I am curious what will happen if I start taking more than the 250 mg a day? But, it's so expensive I am not sure if it is worth trying it since I get a response at the lower amount?

• like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#291 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:37 PM

I've certainly noticed the harder to go to sleep part.  At half a gram a day, I needed a few mg of Ambien to get to sleep.  250mg taken in the morning was right on the edge.  I got to sleep ok, if a bit weirdly, but my sleep was kind of unsettled.  I'm not happy about the insomnia side effect, and hope I can find a way around it, because I have a hell of a lot of NR, having bought six bottles as part of PWAIN's group buy deal.  (oops- should have tried a bottle at the egregious retail price first...)   I've not been able to take it long enough to say anything about long term effects.

A possible complication is that I take a gram of niacin a day as therapy for high lp(a).  Could that be part of the problem?

Hmm, without this post I would have not linked NR to my unsettled sleep lately.

I have been taking 250mg NR on an empty stomach first thing in the morning for the last 3 days and noticed that my sleep is indeed disturbed even after taking 5g glycine before bed (which usually gives me a nice sound sleep).

Now I am dropping NR for a few days to see if this is indeed the cause.

As to niacin, I have not taken any during this 3-day period besides some in the NOW nutritional yeast I put on salads.

#292 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:45 PM

An update on my NR experiences:  I took 125mg for about a week, and that went pretty well, so I raised it to 250 three days ago.  So far, so good.  Tomorrow I'll try 375 and see what happens there.  My dreams are still pretty vivid-  Weird, but not unpleasant.  The quality of my sleep is probably about the same as ever, perhaps a bit better, but not unusually great.   I'd ultimately like to work up to 500mg. 

#293 The_Next_LX

• 32 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:30 PM

My update:

On Day 22 I am still taking 1000mg HPN's NR and 10mg MitoQ, 8 capsules per day, half in the morning, half in the evening. After this evening, I will have finished nearly 3 bottles of the NR; I haven't taken a break between bottles, as some others have done. I thought I would do so at the end of the month, but now I think I might take a break after the third bottle--I'll decide in the morning.

I have stopped some of my new NAD/NADH supplements: 

Zao NeuroReset Enteric Tablets (70mg Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide trihydrate and 10mg Niacinamide,/Niacin/Niacinamide Ascorbate, one tablet per day)

and the sublingual lozenges: 

Seeking Health NADH + CoQ10 (25mg reduced nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide complex and 50mg CoQ10, one per day) and

Source Naturals Co-E1 NADH (20mg reduced nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide-Coenzyme Vitamin B-3, 2 tablets per day).

Basically, it was too much, especially as I have just started something I had read about in another thread, suggested by piet3r:

Jarrow Hyaluronic acid (20 capsules a day) and Life Extension Pomegranate Extract (2 capsules a day) 

http://www.longecity...ng/#entry629411

And I am still taking some items included in my existing regime:

LivOn's Lypo-spheric B+Complex/Age Blocker (includes Niacinamide 20mg) and a daily multi (Clotamin) that includes 20mg Niacin.

I sleep pretty well--I've even taken a nap or two! I am dreaming, but no more vividly than usual.

I AM extremely hungry all the time, however, and I cannot deny that I am getting a bit edgy and fidgety. Hmmm--the end of the third bottle does seem like a good place to pause. If only my current schedule could allow my the time to do some exercise, it would be great, but--oh well, hopefully very soon.

#294 M-K

• 67 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:02 AM

I just finished a week rest after my first bottle. I've been taking 1 250mg pill every morning for about month, the last week I upped my dose to 500mg per day. I definitely noticed more energy throughout the day, also my brain seemed to work better, as in my I was able to focus on conversions and make sense of what people were saying faster. a few days into the month, I started really looking forward to taking Niagen in the morning. It was helping me wake up and get going.. and gave me a better outlook on the day.

Now I've been cycling Niagen on and off for a little while now. This was the first time I went a whole month without stopping. Previous times when I stopped I noticed a difference. This time, I didn't notice anything, I still had good energy levels. My focus was pretty good.

Here's the strange part. After stopping my sex drive went way up! It was like I was in my 30's.... Not teenage years unfortunately, but stronger than usual.

Has anyone else notice this?

I'm curious if this will go away once I start again. Will keep you posted.

I just ordered more from Live Cell Research. I found some 6 bottle deal for around $35 per bottle. If anyone wants the link, I could prably dig it up again.

We've noticed increased nitric oxide metabolism, i.e., responsiveness in both male and female, while continuing to take NR almost non-stop.

Imagine you were aging backwards the same way you aged forwards. How much would you notice day to day? Only the high points. The day I realized my vocabulary had returned and that it was easier to pull up facts from memory was one of those. I have to keep reminding myself that even if I feel like I'm fifty again, not all of my muscles agree. My back is aching right now from wrestling with a window air conditioner Saturday.

We've decided to stick with 250 mg until more information is available, but appreciate reports from you brave souls.

Edited by M-K, 23 September 2014 - 02:19 AM.

#295 airplanepeanuts

• 352 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:06 PM

Here is a note for others, I've always been a coffee drinker. I could have several cups through the day and the felling just didn't last. That all pretty much changed when I started the (NR). I can now sip a cup all morning, I mean it gets cold. In fact many days I wake up already raring to go anyway. So my sensitivity to caffeine seems to have risen. I'm not totally unhappy with that because just a little will do me. I haven't tried any coffee in the evening, that sounds like asking for trouble.

I took 75mg today for the first time. I am pleasantly surprised, as I feel that it gave me a nice mood lift. Like for Bryan coffee felt stronger than usual today. Also coffee was not as necessary as usual for me. It didn't take the fun out of coffee like Uridine does. 

(Uridine and coffee gives me a massive unpleasant overstimulation)

#296 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:57 PM

I took 75mg today for the first time. I am pleasantly surprised, as I feel that it gave me a nice mood lift. Like for Bryan coffee felt stronger than usual today. Also coffee was not as necessary as usual for me. It didn't take the fun out of coffee like Uridine does. 

(Uridine and coffee gives me a massive unpleasant overstimulation)

Wait, 75mg, and you felt it?   Did you mean 750?

• like x 1

#297 airplanepeanuts

• 352 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 10:31 PM

No 75mg. Impossible to feel you say? Well maybe it's placebo. 

#298 midas

• 417 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:02 AM

No 75mg. Impossible to feel you say? Well maybe it's placebo. 

??...........each capsule is 125mg (Niagen), how are you working out you take 75mg?

Edited by midas, 24 September 2014 - 12:45 AM.

#299 Razor444

• 240 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:24 AM

Doctor's Best do a 60 x 75 mg Niagen product, now.  It may be that?

Edited by Razor444, 24 September 2014 - 12:30 AM.

• like x 1

#300 midas

• 417 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:47 AM

That makes sense, thanks. :)

Strange how these different companies seem to have a different idea of dosage though.

Edited by midas, 24 September 2014 - 12:51 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nicotinamide ribo, nr niagen, nad, niagen, sinclair, hpn, n(r), david sinclair, basis

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

Topic Led By