* * * * - 11 votes

Nicotinamide Riboside (NR/Niagen) personal experience thread

nicotinamide ribo nr niagen nad niagen sinclair hpn n(r) david sinclair basis

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2266 replies to this topic

#1051 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:39 PM

I think the modulator should kick out sthira and forty 6 & 2.

This thread is for personal experience. Not for some jerk bashers.

If NR is working for you I'm very happy for you! Keep doing what you're doing, and who cares what others think. But maybe it doesn't for others? Should we just stay quiet?
  • dislike x 1
  • Agree x 1

#1052 Harkijn

• 808 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:50 PM

So try a gram a day of the stuff and see what happens. I noticed nothing. Maybe you'll notice something positive once placebo wears out?

So even ignoring the question (is raising NAD+ good for ya?) why is NR any better than plain ole B3 and riboside?

Stepping back to gaze widely at longevity science: If there’s such a big market for stuff that doesn’t work, imagine how much money there would be for something that does!

Since this is the personal experiences site I can log here(as I did in the past) that 'this stuff' works. For me.

I have been taking 200 to 300 mgs NR daily for two years now. In a few days I will be 65yo and I am in a much, much better shape than two years ago. Read back my posts over these two years if you need confirmation. (Perhaps also relevant: before starting NR I have been daily taking  a B-complex with 100mgs Niacinamide for as long as I can remember. I 'felt' nothing.)

An educated guess voiced in this thread before : those who are relatively young and /or in good shape don't seem to profit from taking NR. Perhaps  their NAD+ levels are already optimal. Perhaps the most important point is not to maximize one's  NAD+ but to prevent it from hitting bottom ground. That may explain why dr. Brenner takes 200mgs himself but advises 2sunny to take much more.

Those who want to 'notice' spectacular  longevity effects  may expect more from senolytics,  as discussed in other LC threads. IMHO.

• Agree x 3

#1053 Gingerbread Man

• 56 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:56 PM

So try a gram a day of the stuff and see what happens. I noticed nothing. Maybe you'll notice something positive once placebo wears out?

So even ignoring the question (is raising NAD+ good for ya?) why is NR any better than plain ole B3 and riboside?

Stepping back to gaze widely at longevity science: If there’s such a big market for stuff that doesn’t work, imagine how much money there would be for something that does!

MikeDC posted on the last page a pretty good breakdown from Dr. Brenner comparing B3 and NR. Whether B3 and riboside can be taken orally separately and yield an effect like NR I don't know. I know B3 can cause some undesirable flushing that I have never had with larger quantities of NR. Also per the information MikeDC posted there seems to be a totally different mechanism between B3 and NR.

Regarding your comment about the big market for stuff that doesn't work.... Well, apparently it doesn't work for you. The big market is probably people like me that it does work for. It has changed my life and I will continue to buy it as long as I can. Everybody's body's have different needs and varying degrees of aging and disease. From most experiences I have read NR seems to work best on people over 40 and even better on those with diseases or other health issues. Maybe it doesn't work for you because you fall into categories other than those. I do think you need to see NR to some degree from those that have been using it for sometime and have had very positive results from it. It certainly does more than B3 can/will do. Be patient and wait for more research, it is coming.

• Good Point x 1

#1054 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:58 PM

There are 2 primary differences between NR and NM (nicotinamide).  First, in clinical trials where either NM or Niacin were administered in high doses all patients reported moderate to severe flushing, so far in the two clinical trials with NR there are no reports of flushing.  Second, and more importantly, NR is a SIRT1 activator while nicotinamide and niacin are both SIRT1 inhibitors.

What the heck?  Who put "needs references" and "ill informed"?  I graduated Dartmouth College Thayer School of Engineering Magna Cum Laude with a Masters and was my high school valedictorian and have an IQ over 150.

I'm the one who puts 'needs references' and not as a negative, but because am willing to learn and for giving you an opportunity to excel :) .

1. Since when niacinamide is causing flushing? (personally use nicotinic acid in the multi-gram doses since years, and even there the flush is history since a long time)

2. Sources for the sweeping claim, that niacinamide and nicotinic acid are both SIRT1 inhibitors in humans?

Thanks.

• like x 1

#1055 Harkijn

• 808 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:59 PM

@sthira: while I wrote my previous post you took some flak. It might look I agree with that criticism, but I would like to stress that I appreciate your efforts and arguments. Even when we deal with personal experiences debate is essential.

#1056 Gingerbread Man

• 56 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:08 PM

I'm the one who puts 'needs references' and not as a negative, but because am willing to learn and for giving you an opportunity to excel :) .

Keep in mind this is the "personal experience thread". Not everything here can/will have references..... If I say it helps me with my back pain, there are no references for that just my "personal experience".

If you put that on a post IMO you should point out exactly what you think needs references. Just slapping it on a post making many points doesn't serve to ascertain what you feel needs references. It also doesn't help the original poster understand what part you are questioning.

Also you may not put it as a negative but combined with what is typed it can come across that way sometimes.

• Agree x 2
  • Good Point x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#1057 Forty Six & 2

• 135 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:10 PM

And my hypothesis, that would be resolved if his research was on point, is only stating that the same or comparable effects may be achieved as described, with a sustained (sipped or such) delivery of NAM and R together.

Not everyone has deep pockets and it is a valid conjecture to have a sure answer to, within that his team have the means and should have already.  Has not happened withing a definitive experiment, most likely as they have a vested interest.

As well, many seemed to be confused as to what this conjecture was all about and I wished to clarify.  Since when does viable and valid information be a problem, especially in response to what appeared an apparent desire for such.

Anyway, carry on. ;)

I wish all the best of success with their health related research and goals! :)

• Off-Topic x 1

#1058 Harkijn

• 808 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:36 PM

And my hypothesis, that would be resolved if his research was on point, is only stating that the same or comparable effects may be achieved as described, with a sustained (sipped or such) delivery of NAM and R together.

Forty Six, you got off from the wrong foot, I think, by posting your hypothesis in a personal experiences thread. However, you can still put your point for debate in a more suited thread. Nobody wants you to give up!

http://www.longecity...ce/#entry807942

Perhaps you can team up with Turnbuckle, a respected member who shares your hypothesis.

#1059 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:12 PM

There are 2 primary differences between NR and NM (nicotinamide).  First, in clinical trials where either NM or Niacin were administered in high doses all patients reported moderate to severe flushing, so far in the two clinical trials with NR there are no reports of flushing.  Second, and more importantly, NR is a SIRT1 activator while nicotinamide and niacin are both SIRT1 inhibitors.

What the heck?  Who put "needs references" and "ill informed"?  I graduated Dartmouth College Thayer School of Engineering Magna Cum Laude with a Masters and was my high school valedictorian and have an IQ over 150.

1. Since when niacinamide is causing flushing? (personally use nicotinic acid in the multi-gram doses since years, and even there the flush is history since a long time)

2. Sources for the sweeping claim, that niacinamide and nicotinic acid are both SIRT1 inhibitors in humans?

Thanks.

Keep in mind this is the "personal experience thread". Not everything here can/will have references..... If I say it helps me with my back pain, there are no references for that just my "personal experience".

Only that the particular post tagged didn't talk about personal experiences at all, but something portrayed as scientific 'facts'.. Here the need for references - especially completely counter to personal extensive experience with niacin this thread is about - is nothing negative, but helps to stay with true facts. And keeps people in check from spreading fabrications and miss-information. Could also have tagged it as such and still would only consider it as corrective, and as such positive too.

Big egos will be hurt either way. I don't care about that, but truth.

• Agree x 4

#1060 Forty Six & 2

• 135 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:18 PM

I just stated this here as I believe there was more than one direct inquiry to this very topic of discussion within this thread.

Otherwise, I never post here and do not wish to belabor the point, but again wanted to clarify for those who seemed interested and confused regarding such.

With 1/10 of the funding he has I'd could have research conducted that I believe would shed light on this area and enable a truly overall superior product of this class backed by full, comprehensive research -- just saying. ;)  [As a note, I am certainly not saying NR is of no worth or that some valuable research has not been conducted by his team, it is just lacking in 'conspicuous' aspects and IMO smacks of self-interest/conflict of interest]

Best~

• Agree x 2
  • Off-Topic x 1

#1061 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:51 PM

If I say it helps me with my back pain, there are no references for that just my "personal experience".

And I think that's wonderful! Congratulations on finding something that helps heal or reduce pain caused by a bad back. That's an important insight, thank you for expressing it, and I hope NR will continue to work positively far into the future.

I'm also all for people posting their positive, negative, and neutral effects with anything related to slowing down the aging process and lengthening lives. We're all in this together, folks, so to me more information is better than less information.

I wish it worked for me! If it did, I'd also sing its praises and be irked by those who sought to invalidate my experience. So thank you for the healthy discussion, everyone. I did try Niagen in small doses (250mg/d), medium doses (500mg/d) and larger doses (1-3g/d) for nearly two years. But the stuff is very expensive, and when I noticed it not doing anything (for me; not implying you, anyone) then I thought well, I'm stubborn, I'll just keep going with it, higher and higher doses, still nothing, then I finally gave up. But nothing is wrong with me, I'm young, healthy, athletic, and perhaps I'm not the right demographic. But since it's often marketed directly to young athletes, it is confusing if now we're saying it's perhaps more appropriate for older folks in various stages of aging degeneration.

Or: it could be doing something brilliant within, and some of us just can't feel it.

If it works, do it! It appears GRAS, so keep up with it, and perhaps watch yourself over time to monitor if it continues working.

Edited by sthira, 08 March 2017 - 06:53 PM.

• like x 2
  • Cheerful x 1
  • Agree x 1

#1062 Gingerbread Man

• 56 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:51 PM

I have asked him that one question exactly and of course the answer is "more research is needed".  He did, however, go so far as to recommend I try 1000 mg a day so I'm pretty sure I know what his "real" answer is.

Hi Joe,

There’s only 125 mg of NR chloride in one capsule of the niagen product sold by prohealthspan. That’s the one I know. You might consider 500 mg twice a day. Trehalose is interesting. I don’t know anything about it though

Charles Brenner, PhD

Roy J. Carver Chair & Head of Biochemistry

Carver College of Medicine

University of Iowa

Iowa City, IA 52242

My point exactly (well at the core).

He and his associates have OMITTED/NEGLECTED doing the simple, key research necessary to actually get to the bottom line truth - because it could cripple his whole 'gig', as to his and his partners financial interests in NR.

Kinda nuff said there.  

He's been called out - PUOSU! ;)

I just stated this here as I believe there was more than one direct inquiry to this very topic of discussion within this thread.

Otherwise, I never post here and do not wish to belabor the point, but again wanted to clarify for those who seemed interested and confused regarding such.

With 1/10 of the funding he has I'd could have research conducted that I believe would shed light on this area and enable a truly overall superior product of this class backed by full, comprehensive research -- just saying. ;)  [As a note, I am certainly not saying NR is of no worth or that some valuable research has not been conducted by his team, it is just lacking in 'conspicuous' aspects and IMO smacks of self-interest/conflict of interest]

Best~

FS&2,

I guess for me it seems like your beef is Brenner and his team aren't investigating if your theory of sipping NAM and R together will give you similar results to NR for less money. Is this correct? Realistically his team wouldn't care about that, or whether orange juice and bran increases testosterone. They are testing NR and while you think that is self interest and bad thing, expecting anything else from anyone else is not reasonable. You saying they are neglecting key research is merely your opinion, much like sipping NAM and R = NR do you have references? I am not trying to belabor the point either, but this is the NR "personal experience thread", there are other places to discuss exactly what you are talking about. this thread is supposed to be about people who have used NR and what their experiences are with NR. That way we all can learn from others, those whom it helps and those that see no change from it. 

Have a nice day. :)

• Pointless, Timewasting x 3
  • Well Written x 1
  • Agree x 1

#1063 progimusti

• 14 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:16 PM

Does anyone in this thread have any experiences with/thoughts on the following: 

http://www.longecity...le-dysfunction/

It fits into the personal experience thread, but I thought it was significantly different as a topic to warrant it's own thread. Unfortunately, people who are only following this thread may not see it. I'd be interested to know what you all think. 

#1064 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:57 PM

If I say it helps me with my back pain, there are no references for that just my "personal experience".

And I think that's wonderful! Congratulations on finding something that helps heal or reduce pain caused by a bad back. That's an important insight, thank you for expressing it, and I hope NR will continue to work positively far into the future.

I'm also all for people posting their positive, negative, and neutral effects with anything related to slowing down the aging process and lengthening lives. We're all in this together, folks, so to me more information is better than less information.

I wish it worked for me! If it did, I'd also sing its praises and be irked by those who sought to invalidate my experience. So thank you for the healthy discussion, everyone. I did try Niagen in small doses (250mg/d), medium doses (500mg/d) and larger doses (1-3g/d) for nearly two years. But the stuff is very expensive, and when I noticed it not doing anything (for me; not implying you, anyone) then I thought well, I'm stubborn, I'll just keep going with it, higher and higher doses, still nothing, then I finally gave up. But nothing is wrong with me, I'm young, healthy, athletic, and perhaps I'm not the right demographic. But since it's often marketed directly to young athletes, it is confusing if now we're saying it's perhaps more appropriate for older folks in various stages of aging degeneration.

Or: it could be doing something brilliant within, and some of us just can't feel it.

If it works, do it! It appears GRAS, so keep up with it, and perhaps watch yourself over time to monitor if it continues working.

At a healthy 60 years old, this has also been my experience. After dropping a serious chunk of change multiple times with 2 different distributors and multiple lengthy trials, I noticed no benefit. Nada. And my wife at 34 years old also noticed no benefit.

Some on this thread would appear to be shills.
  • Agree x 2
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#1065 jjnz

• 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:16 PM

OK kiddies, time to grow up.
It's clear people have different experiences on NR, mine have taken me from near invalid status to functional again. If that's a placebo then it has a better placebo effect than all the other things I tried.
We all have different DNA, different microbiomes, different diets and different ages, these will all play a part.
But as other users have stated above, this thread is for recording EXPERIENCES and the relevant data about you.
Why don't we set up another thread for hypothesising.
Honestly the easiest way to discover the truth is to abide by mechanisms that discover it, a list of people and experiences is a good start but not when you have to read screeds of arguments. That creates inneficiencies and makes a mockery of this site.
  • Good Point x 2
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • Agree x 1

#1066 jjnz

• 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:29 PM

I should probably also suggest that some sort of template be followed so we tease as much data as possible out of each person and be able to contact all previous responders to, for example, ask if the had a specific polymorphism , this would make future analysis easier.
  • Good Point x 1

#1067 Harkijn

• 808 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:55 PM

It fits into the personal experience thread, but I thought it was significantly different as a topic to warrant it's own thread. Unfortunately, people who are only following this thread may not see it. I'd be interested to know what you all think.

My personal impression is that your problem is not caused by NR. On the contrary, I prefer not to take NR in the evenings because of heightened 'nocturnal erectile activity'.which causes restless sleep. Have posted this before.

Still I hope more people (men?) will think this over. Please post any additional info or ideas you may have.

#1068 midas

• 417 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:15 PM

An educated guess voiced in this thread before : those who are relatively young and /or in good shape don't seem to profit from taking NR.

That would have been me...fame at last :)

And I stand by that. If you have issues that arise from the lack of anything that NR boosts then you are a likely candidate for reaping the rewards, if not, well, you pay your money and takes your chance. Thing is, it's proven to lift NAD, we also know NAD declines with age, more for some than others. And it is also a factor in many age related illnesses...

I have long standing health problems and NR is the only thing that has made a dent in them, I'm hooked, and not even having to take a large dose, mainly for financial reasons, is a bonus..

Me, I'll keeping on truckin' on the NR train..woo, woo ;)

At a healthy 60 years old, this has also been my experience. After dropping a serious chunk of change multiple times with 2 different distributors and multiple lengthy trials, I noticed no benefit. Nada. And my wife at 34 years old also noticed no benefit....

Well my friend, you seem to have the answer to your lack of noticeable effects right there in your post...."As a healthy 60 years old"....the clue for you lies in the word "healthy"!!

Any chance of you chaps calming down all that shouting and stamping of feet, y'all giving me a headache... :ph34r:

PS, I've said it before and I'll say it again.....I think your age and state of health would be more of a help when you post your experiences....

Edited by midas, 08 March 2017 - 10:18 PM.

• Good Point x 2
  • Informative x 1

#1069 progimusti

• 14 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:37 PM

My personal impression is that your problem is not caused by NR. On the contrary, I prefer not to take NR in the evenings because of heightened 'nocturnal erectile activity'.which causes restless sleep. Have posted this before.

Still I hope more people (men?) will think this over. Please post any additional info or ideas you may have.

So you're 65? Do you have high cholesterol values, maybe high blood pressure? Weight problems? If so...then the NR may actually be helping you in the erection department. Also, how long have you been taking NR? I'm healthy as can be, athletic, no issues at all except for chronic fatigue before starting NR. that's why I think that NR possibly lowering cholesterol *too much* maybe be the issue here. Cholesterol is needed for testosterone production.

I was taking NR for it's possible longevity benefits, but then discovered that it *cured* my chronic fatigue. Felt *literally* like 18 again. Also, in the beginning I *thought* it was actually increasing my libido. Only a few months later did it become apparent that erections weren't quite what they used to be. And then when I doubled the dose to 500mg/day about a month ago they were gone altogether. The only other thing I started taking around that time was Loratadine at double dose (20mg). Antihistamines are also known to possibly cause erectile dysfunction because as it turns out histamines are actually necessary for erections. However, I had taken antihistamines in the past before and never had issues. Maybe the cholesterol lowering properties of NR combined with the histamine binding properties of an antihistamine were a "double whammy" in my case. I've stopped for two days now (both the NR and antihistamines) and I seem to be developing desire again. We'll see how things go. I don't think this issue should be just dismissed out of hand. This could be a very important consideration for people who don't yet have erectile dysfunction. 

• Disagree x 1

#1070 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:05 AM

Forty Six & 2:
You said Dr. Brenner lacks integrity and didn't test Nicotinamide plus riboside. Do you know why Chromadex has monopoly on Niagen? Nicotinamide Riboside is unstable in water. It will decompose into Nocotinamide and Riboside. It loses its effectiveness. Niagen is actually Nicotinamide Riboside Chloride. The chloride stablizes Nicotinamide Riboside in the stomach so your body will absorp Nicotinamide Riboside as is. Learn more and come back to bash. Niagen will not make a healthy and young person any younger. So don't take Niagen before 35.

Niagen' s effect on different people will be different based on genetics. Not everyone will get younger immediately. But be assured that Niagen will protect you from age related diseases and you will be much healthier 20 years down the road by taking Niagen than not taking it.

Edited by MikeDC, 09 March 2017 - 02:24 AM.

• Disagree x 2
  • Agree x 2

#1071 soulprogrammer

• 168 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:50 AM

Sharing my sister experience:

After taking NR 275mg/day for 1 week, now her constipation seems to improve. Really unexpected though. I mean I really can't relate the connection between constipation and NAD+. I was expecting she said something like feel more energetic, feel better sleep, etc....but she said constipation improve and getting better! of course, she doesn't have problem sleeping and constipation is her only main concern for long time...still...

Age: 57, Female, Healthy, gym 1-2 times a week. pre-diabetic, BP on high side (still normal). long time constipation problem.

Edited by soulprogrammer, 09 March 2017 - 06:53 AM.

#1072 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:52 AM

Maybe Niagen rejuvenated intestine.
  • Disagree x 1

#1073 soulprogrammer

• 168 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:06 AM

Maybe Niagen rejuvenated intestine.

Hardly relevant. However, will keep reporting the effects every week.

#1074 soulprogrammer

• 168 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:10 AM

Maybe off topic, my calculation and rough estimates from Chromadex revenue shows that approx 300,000 people taking NR last year (at 250mg/day).  Let's say (conservative figure) only 20% of these people are feeling positive effect while 80% feel nothing (and surely no bad effects, else they will stop). So, 20% of 300k is 60,000. 60,000 people are having positive effects, so one can rule out it is placebo effect. The other thing is these 60,000 people only a handful of us sharing the positive effects here. I hope more people that take NR daily can share their experience here.

#1075 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:56 AM

Sharing my sister experience:

After taking NR 275mg/day for 1 week, now her constipation seems to improve.

My father, 74 years old, suffered from a severe constipation since some time. With the severity of his symptoms this time - complete blockage for almost a week, and allopathics not really helping I could convince him for the first time, to try more natural nutrients. Which in high enough doses would not only improve his nutrient status, but also softens stools. A glass of a high magnesium mineral water (1g/l) with a teaspoon of Vitamin C (~5g) was all what was needed for immediate relieve.

Now he takes this combination religiously ;) .

• Informative x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#1076 Journey2016

• 86 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 March 2017 - 01:50 PM

What do people think about this?

Ive need using a brand New NAD nasal spray

I paid £100 per months worth.

Ive read alot on NR Nasal and ive asked what this is made up of and i was told just NAD

I got it via a NAD+ IV clinic, its not released yet and there is no info avalaible online,

Ita called StemCrave

But ive done my best to find some info only and only found one liked conntact , ive seen it advertised as a weight loss product as it stops cravings and helps you slim down

And now ive had some info on it being resleased as a hair loss product.

Im using it for drug addiction, ive only used it for one week and i got to say its kicking in and giving me a great feeling simular to the buz i get from high does NR.

Below is the last bit of info i have from the hairloss
Company,

Be interested in peoples views

StemLossTM
A BRIEF HISTORY OF HAIR LOSS TREATMENTS
• The first treatment for male pattern baldness was Minoxidil, a topical drug indicated for male use only. Minoxidil had varying
degrees of success.
1980 – Minoxidil 5% for (male pattern) baldness 2000 – Minoxidil 2% for (female pattern) baldness 2000 – Finasteride pills (male only)
2016 – StemLoss therapy. Available for both male and female patients with pattern baldness. Drug free, no side effects.
WHAT IS STEMLOSS BREAKTHROUGH THERAPY
* Originally used as a clinic based micro injection treatment. It was then developed over two years to be used as a painless home injection therapy. It has now been developed for use as a simple nasal spray application. It is a hair loss product pending a worldwide patent. 

* StemLoss is a unique concept in hair restoration. 

* StemLoss therapy has been used and tested with numerous patients for over three years in pre-clinical trials throughout our clinics in the UK and US in affiliation with the product manufacturer. 

WHAT IS STEMLOSS BREAKTHROUGH THERAPY 2
* StemLoss therapeutic action has been attributed to Follicular Stimulation of the SIRT1 gene in the scalp and the inflammatory pathways found in the scalp tissue. These pathways have been found to play roles in pattern hair loss. 

* StemLoss therapy action is more effective in females than any hair – treatment that we currently use in our clinics worldwide. 

* StemLoss and ADIPOSE STEM CELL therapy were tested together during pre-clinical trails. Patients found the outcome of StemLoss to be superior to that of the adipose stem cell therapy. 

WHAT IS STEMLOSS BREAKTHROUGH THERAPY 3
* StemLoss was seen as being more effective than our hair loss project with adipose stem cells by patients in our pre-clinical trials. 

* StemLoss works by optimising the health of the hair by increasing the presence of SIRT1. SIRT1 supports the metabolic hair cell functions of repair and renewal. Reduction of the metabolic hair cell function usually coincides with an increase in shedding and hair fall (Telogen Effluvium) and is nearly always accompanied by a gradual but noticeable thinning of the hair follicles. 

• Informative x 1

#1077 soulprogrammer

• 168 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:31 PM

Found this video, REALLY COOL!!!  

Unfertilized mice due to old age (menopause) after boosting NAD level using supplement thru water for 3 weeks (I didn't hear  what supplement they use to increase NAD, not sure is NR or not), the old mice can now fertilize and give birth!! There are clear pictures to show the eggs! The video is about 27 minutes, I think about 7 minute start showing the eggs after boosting NAD level.

Please watch the video, and can you please tell me if you hear what they use to increase the NAD level in mice, is it NR or something else? If it works in mice, perhaps women who have fertility problems want to have baby can try to take NR too, nothing to lose! (just some money)

http://www.abc.net.a...ies/4485468.htm

More importantly, the research not sponsored by Chromadex. Sceptics cannot just brush off this video, with clear pictures of the eggs and the vitality of the mice that were taking the NAD supplement. Watch the video yourself to judge.

Seeing is believing!

Edited by soulprogrammer, 09 March 2017 - 02:59 PM.

#1078 soulprogrammer

• 168 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:00 PM

From the video and many published research papers, it is no doubt that NAD is related to aging!

#1079 Black Fox

• 27 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:24 PM

Unfertilized mice due to old age (menopause) after boosting NAD level using supplement thru water for 3 weeks (I didn't hear what supplement they use to increase NAD, not sure is NR or not), the old mice can now fertilize and give birth!! There are clear pictures to show the eggs! The video is about 27 minutes, I think about 7 minute start showing the eggs after boosting NAD level.

Please watch the video, and can you please tell me if you hear what they use to increase the NAD level in mice, is it NR or something else? If it works in mice, perhaps women who have fertility problems want to have baby can try to take NR too, nothing to lose! (just some money)

More importantly, the research not sponsored by Chromadex. Sceptics cannot just brush off this video, with clear pictures of the eggs and the vitality of the mice that were taking the NAD supplement. Watch the video yourself to judge.

Seeing is believing!

What you can see it's her inflammation levels went down after the 5 days fasting or so called Keto diet ( high in fats, moderate in protein and extremely low in carbs ( sugars)
  • Informative x 1

#1080 Harkijn

• 808 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:33 PM

Unfertilized mice due to old age (menopause) after boosting NAD level using supplement thru water for 3 weeks (I didn't hear  what supplement they use to increase NAD, not sure is NR or not), the old mice can now fertilize and give birth!! There are clear pictures to show the eggs! The video is about 27 minutes, I think about 7 minute start showing the eggs after boosting NAD level.

Seeing is believing!

Thanks for sharing soulprogrammer! The basic info is not new, but it is very motivating to see it represented visually!

The supplement referred to in the video is used by the lab of  dr. Sinclair so we can be sure that it is NMN, available in the market place but hugely expensive if taken on a regular base. Per the video this may not be necessary for achieving considerable effect.

• Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nicotinamide ribo, nr niagen, nad, niagen, sinclair, hpn, n(r), david sinclair, basis

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)

Topic Led By