hordenine

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HenDog

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:21 AM

Hello everyone!

I have invested over an hour of searching information on Hordenine dosage and long-term use to no avail. From what I gather, Hordenine is an MAOI with a prejudice toward MAO-B; it also, apparently, increases NE levels somehow (which I'm not quite sure on). Body builders have recently begun advocating for its use as a pre-workout supplement because of its stimulant effects, which stem from the increase in NE levels. Others combine Hordenine with PEA (even though that seems like a waste of time since the effects are quite negligible and the taste of PEA is so aversive that I won't even try it for recreational purposes) or caffeine because of hordenine's monoamine inhibitory properties, which may lead to decreased tolerance with regards to caffeine. Thus, I've taken advantage of combining hordenine and caffeine on a regular basis.

Initially, I started with about 150 mg/day, but now I'm up to 500 mg of Hordenine HCL. I usually combine this with about 150-200 mg of caffeine anhydrous. I upped the dose because I never really noticed the stimulatory effects of it with the initial dosages, but never upped my caffeine dosage.

I guess I have a couple of questions that need answering:

1) Does daily use of hordenine lead to tolerance?
1a) If so, how rapid does that tolerance build?
1b) Also, any idea how long it would take to reduce tolerance?

2) Is a daily dosage of 500 mg too high? In other words, would that dosage lead to potentially negative side-effects long-term?
2a) Is it safe to take Hordenine daily?

#2 Sir_Baker

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:59 PM

Bump, I'm kind of interested in this. I have a container of hordenine but haven't used it much lately, I was reading a thread where someone was saying it can cause kidney lesions. (http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/49824-hordenine-whats-not-to-love/)
Other than that, I can't find much information on it.
Personally, I've been afraid to go over 150mg with it due to the kidney lesions statement. If I were to take it for a few days straight, the stimulating effects get calmed out, but still have that energy boost from it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Juan Manuel Garrido

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:16 AM

BUMP!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hordenine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users