Combining Cannabis with Pregnenolone

combo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 goodman

• 171 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:55 AM

hi

idk if u read the research but preg seems to counter many negative cognitive sodes caused by cannabis consumption.
Has anyone tried this combo for a prolonged time?

#2 goodman

• Topic Starter
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:54 AM

nobody?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Ricky J

• 9 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:49 PM

I've been reading the research on this too. After indulging in some cannabis use over spring break, I realized once again how it is really is not conducive my my university career.  After coming back to classes and remembering how much information we are expected to learn on the quarter system and how 90% of the information on my exams is testing me on my explicit memory, I did some research on reversing cannabis' negative effect on LTP and my subtle working memory systems. My favorite in the past has always been Ginkgo biloba extract (240 mg extract per day). Almost completely overrides the fuzzy head and "the lazies". 

Ginkgo's great, but I wanted to see what works better. After doing some more research, cyclooxygenase 2 inhibitors and pregnenolone looked worthwhile for some researching. 

For cyclooxygenase 2 inhibition, ibueprofen wasn't very effective and absolutely destroyed my stomach. Aleve would probably work much better, as in the past I have noticed a brighter mood and an excellent memory when I was using it for acute post injury symptoms, but the stomach wrecking side (and bleeding) effect profile of commercial COX-2 inhibitors are not worth it to me. Perhaps boswellia would be a good option. Curcumin extracts have a mild positive effect too. 

Pregnenolone is cheap and readily available. The only downside to preg, is the fact that it is a hormone precursor and has a lot of other effects within the body. Additionally, pregnenolone is also converted to other hormones extremely quickly and does not stay active in the body for very long. I used 50 mg on my first day, and I can say that this was really good. Improved memory, bright mood, tons of energy, and a feeling of overall well being. Completely erased any lingering effect of my cannabis consumption from two weeks earlier. Downsides, I dosed around 4 in the afternoon and I had troubles falling asleep, much like having way too much caffeine, but a silent mind. Additionally, my heart beat was increased dramatically. The second day, I used 25 mg and I noticed more energy, better mood, and sharp mind, but I needed to take a nap in the afternoon and slept for two hours, something I never have to do in my normal routine. I found myself much more connected to the world again and aware of my surroundings. A strong feeling of feeling grounded was experienced too, a better phrase for it may be,"at ease and in the zone". The third day, I stopped my use and noticed that I had some mild withdrawal effects from the preg. and I had some spacey memory gaps and a little anxious, but slept well that night and by the 4th day, feel pretty baseline, no withdrawal effects noted. 

Pregnenolone has a lot of potential. I feel like my doses are too high, as I have read a lot about people experiencing issues with irritability, anxiety, and aggressiveness upon ceasing their consumption. I can say that on my third day, I did experience some irritability. I experienced shallower sleep and an increased heartbeat which may not be great for many people. Additionally, as a 22 year old male, I feel like my body's natural production of preg. should be sufficient and I have no desire to tinker with my hormones for extended periods of time. I can see preg being especially beneficial for periods of high stress, so I am definitely going to keep it around. Additionally, I love my thick head of hair, and have no desire to lose that as well due to too high levels of DHT. 

My favorite mix of brain enhancing goodness is some outdoor aerobic exercise (hiking or mountain biking), then lot's of decaffeinated coffee and celastrus paniculatus seeds. Celastrus has been noted to have anti-cannabis activities in regards to memory, and I find the combo of decaf coffee and celastrus to be a knock out combo. My memory gets extremely sharp. I get a little more introverted due to large amounts of acetylcholine mimickers I am putting into my body, but if I'm destroying my exams, that's something I can definitely live with. 

#4 mf6lol5

• 25 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:05 AM

I would like to try this combination because I indulge in cannabis daily.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 Ricky J

• 9 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:31 AM

mf6lol5,

I would personally save your money and not purchase pregnenolone. If you want to clear your head from cannabis, I would cease indulging, participate in aerobic exercise every other day, eat an unprocessed diet, and this will flush the residual cannabinoids from your system. It may take a month, but they will clear. The exercise will help ramp up your body's own production of endo-cannabinoids and help with the irritability which many people get due to presumably the lack of those feel good cannabinoids. Running, hiking, cycling, and rowing are all great options. Outdoors is best if you have the availability. 

Pregnenolone seems to have too many side effects for my liking. There are a lot of people reporting increased heartbeat and strange moods from it around the internet, and they seem to be true. 

Edited by Ricky J, 11 January 2015 - 05:33 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: combo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users