- - - - -

cordyceps

mitochondria metabolism

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ron45

• 207 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:47 PM

Hello people. I'm wondering if you know how much hard science there is backing up the claims that cordyceps boosts mitochondrial metabolism. Are brain cells and muscle cells affected or just one or the other… assuming the claims are true. There is a page full of glowing claims from some Dr. in Hong Kong but I was hoping for something better then that. 

I realize the drug establishment just about guarantees that they are the only ones with the bux for serious research and there are too busy with cash flow to worry about non patentable stuff. Makes it tough to figure things out. 

Ron

#2 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:57 PM

I'm unable to answer your question specifically, but there is a compilation of cordyceps research available on Examine: http://examine.com/s...ents/Cordyceps/

"The ultimate effect of Cordycepin is that it upregulates the StAR enzyme, which transporters cholesterol into the mitochondria for metabolism, a rate-limiting step of steroidogenesis."

Edited by Adaptogen, 10 April 2014 - 09:00 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 ron45

• Topic Starter
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:59 PM

Thanks Adaptogen, that should be some help. 

Ron

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mitochondria, metabolism

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users