• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

L-methylfolate / lifting depression and increasing social intelligence (anedocetal)

depression

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Alpha_Master

• 16 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:45 AM

I've been supplementing for the past 3 days with 800mg L-methlyfolate in the form of metafolin @ 800mg, 1600mg today and my days are amazing. I am able to think for longer periods of time on a single thought. I am able to talk with the people at work in a much more confident and positive style. I have not tested how much I am studying but my overall mood has been improved from 4-5 to 7-9. Will update the next couple days to see any other changes I have. I am also taking B-vitamins (time released).

My past experiences with nootropics include selegiline, modafinil, CILEPT, ashwagandha, guanfacine / intuniv, adderall, ritalin, telmisartan, piracetam, aniracetam, oxiracetam, stablon/tianeptine, and more. Nothing seems to have lift the depression like this in the past for me in such a long acting and stable manner. Just thought I should share with the community since this was where I lurked and discovered all those compounds.

• like x 2
  • dislike x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#2 MEMOREX

• 20 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:20 PM

I had the same effect about 2 years ago. Bought a bottle, started using it but no effect. I stopped using it, then a few months latter, I started again and it had this amazing effect. My mood was very good, felt less irritable. My brain just felt awake,but it only lasted a few days. I am looking to try it again. Maybe going up to 2000mcg.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Alpha_Master

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

I have found that it's not a matter of popping 1 pill and calling it good. L-Methylfolate is a key player in many chemical reactions that leads to the generation of neurotransmitters, DNA / Cell repair, and more. I started getting horrible cramps recently and realized from my own research that my potassium levels were being depleted because so much of more of it was usable with the methylfolate driving all the other reactions. Overall, it's a good idea to understand that your body works as a system and the more in tuned you are to filling in all the gaps, the faster you'll achieve the ultimate platform. I mean if you think about it...

There is nothing such as 1 magic pill or supplement. People are known to gravitate towards the one perfect chemical but that's not the underlying issue. The body is made of complexities that must be addressed from multiple aspects. You could be popping provigil or ns189 but unless you exercise and get some sunlight, you're gonna get vitamin D deficiency and what you really have is a powerful substance masking another problem.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 bzyb

• 81 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:20 AM

I too started methylfolate today I think Jarrows formula from Vitamin Shoppe.  I took one down the hatch and another sublingual.  I also took tianeptine like 15 mg sublingual.  It helped me mood considerably.  Now I'm always cautious because Ive had great placebo effects with mosts noots that wash away so we'll see.  But yes I think def I need to read study more about this methylation stuff because there probably is a deficiency somewhere where I take methylfolate and I feel stuff working more, aside from like taking tianeptine by itself and it only have moderate, short term effect.  With the methylfolate I could feel stuff hitting, it initially made me tired (but unanxious) and then later felt awake and good, kind of like how choline should work (but doesn't really work for me).  It could also be I had a few drinks with good people afterwards, but anyway it was a good feeling.  We'll see if it continues, otherwise th search continues!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: depression

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users