thymosin beta 4 tb 500 peptides

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 July 2017 - 01:10 AM

From what I hear...overrated...

It is bigley overrated! As I recall the amount a human needs to take to match animal studies is cost prohibitive.

I have wasted money on this peptide... Bpc157 is the real deal.

#32 blind12

• 77 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 10:33 AM

A rather small amount of Tom's TB-500, about 6mg, re-attached my fluoroquinolone-loosened front teeth, which I greatly appreciate.

I have no doubt that BPC-157 is great stuff, but there is no indicaton that it is BETTER than TB-500. Other than the oral bioavailability part. It does have official human studies, but I don't think any of them have been publicized, besides some obscure conference abstracts.

Edited by blind12, 30 July 2017 - 10:40 AM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 joelcairo

• 586 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:38 PM

From my brief look into the subject, it appears that Bpc157 strongly upregulates VEGF, which is one of the most important growth hormones involved in accelerating cancer progression. VEGF doesn't just promote vascularization, it also acts directly on basically all types of tumor cells to signal them to survive and to divide and to spread. If you don't have cancer (or precancerous growths etc.), this may be great stuff to take. If you do, look out.

• Needs references x 1

#34 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 July 2017 - 12:59 AM

I've used it to facilitate healing connective tissue injury when all else fails and find it to be quite effective.  Dosage is from 2 to 5 mg but is ineffective if taken orally.  There are plenty of sources less expensive than a synthesis service like Genscript.  It's normally supplied dry in 2 or 5mg ampoules to which bac water needs to be added and is administered in the same manner as insulin with a taper schedule and a cumulative dosage of around 25mg.  Use with extreme caution and discretion because long term usage might be associated with bad stuff like hypoxia and colorectal cancer...

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/27744656

#35 blind12

• 77 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:56 AM

From my brief look into the subject, it appears that Bpc157 strongly upregulates VEGF, which is one of the most important growth hormones involved in accelerating cancer progression. VEGF doesn't just promote vascularization, it also acts directly on basically all types of tumor cells to signal them to survive and to divide and to spread. If you don't have cancer (or precancerous growths etc.), this may be great stuff to take. If you do, look out.

Dig further. Or just read the preceding posts. It seems to have ANTI-cancer effects via inhibiting VEGF signalling. At least in vitro. This was posted a few posts back.

BPC 157 inhibits cell growth and VEGF signalling via the MAPK kinase pathway in the human melanoma cell line
Radeljak, S.; Seiwerth, S.; Sikiric, P.
doi.org/10.1097/00008390-200408000-00050

Edited by blind12, 01 August 2017 - 03:04 AM.

#36 blind12

• 77 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:02 AM

long term usage might be associated with bad stuff like hypoxia and colorectal cancer...

LOL. Hypoxia inducible factor doesn't LEAD to hypoxia, it kinda helps AGAINST it. HIF-1-alpha seems mostly great shīt, other than the cancer concern.

#37 joelcairo

• 586 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:20 AM

Dig further. Or just read the preceding posts. It seems to have ANTI-cancer effects via inhibiting VEGF signalling. At least in vitro. This was posted a few posts back.

BPC 157 inhibits cell growth and VEGF signalling via the MAPK kinase pathway in the human melanoma cell line
Radeljak, S.; Seiwerth, S.; Sikiric, P.
doi.org/10.1097/00008390-200408000-00050

Hmm. I found several references indicating that BPC 157 increases levels of VEGF and promotes angiogenesis & healing. Hence it doesn't seem to interfere with VEGF signaling and cell division in general. It would be exciting if it did so broadly in cancerous cells, but one in vitro test in what appears to be one cell line isn't enough to demonstrate that.

#38 blind12

• 77 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:23 PM

Hmm. I found several references indicating that BPC 157 increases levels of VEGF and promotes angiogenesis & healing. Hence it doesn't seem to interfere with VEGF signaling and cell division in general. It would be exciting if it did so broadly in cancerous cells, but one in vitro test in what appears to be one cell line isn't enough to demonstrate that.

The anticancer effects apparently occur downstream from VEGF. There's also an animal study where it increased survival with melanoma. That's it, so far, but existing evidence suggests anticancer effects.

#39 joelcairo

• 586 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:58 PM

It would be interesting to see that study if you have it bookmarked. I was not able to find any in vivo studies in melanoma or any other type of cancer.

#40 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:59 AM

Read all of this:

https://www.google.c...4142764A1?cl=en

But wouldn't be more appropriate to discuss about BPC in its dedicated thread instead of going off topic here?

#41 blind12

• 77 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:10 PM

Read all of this:
google.com/patents/WO2014142764A1

But wouldn't be more appropriate to discuss about BPC in its dedicated thread instead of going off topic here?

Yes, somebody please confirm the TB-500 and TB4 sequences and modifications instead:)

Re: BPC-157, the studies are scattered and hard to find. Plus the parent complete protein, BPC, has antitumor study results of its own,

Edited by blind12, 02 August 2017 - 01:13 PM.

#42 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:02 PM

long term usage might be associated with bad stuff like hypoxia and colorectal cancer...

LOL. Hypoxia inducible factor doesn't LEAD to hypoxia, it kinda helps AGAINST it. HIF-1-alpha seems mostly great shīt, other than the cancer concern.

It may be true that "associated with" does not mean "LEAD to" (your words, not mine) but here's the full-text quote which is quite ominous:

Hypoxic conditions induce HIF-1α expression in normal cells. HIF-1α is frequently upregulated in various cancer cells and the overexpression of HIF-1α correlates with advanced cancer progression or aggressiveness [42]. However, the clinical significance of HIF-1α in CRC has not been extensively studied. In this study, we observed a significant association between thymosin β4 expression and HIF-1α expression (p<.001). This result coincides with previous studies that found overexpression of HIF-1α to be associated with poor prognosis [36,37].

Other studies I've seen suggest that tumor growth simulates cellular hypoxia to trigger HIF-1α expression for the apparent benefit of the tumor, and that down-regulating HIF-1α expression combats tumor growth.  See: https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/11320410

Howard

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#43 blind12

• 77 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:01 AM

It may be true that "associated with" does not mean "LEAD to" (your words, not mine) but here's the full-text quote which is quite ominous:

Hypoxic conditions induce HIF-1α expression in normal cells. HIF-1α is frequently upregulated in various cancer cells and the overexpression of HIF-1α correlates with advanced cancer progression or aggressiveness [42]. However, the clinical significance of HIF-1α in CRC has not been extensively studied. In this study, we observed a significant association between thymosin β4 expression and HIF-1α expression (p<.001). This result coincides with previous studies that found overexpression of HIF-1α to be associated with poor prognosis [36,37].

Other studies I've seen suggest that tumor growth simulates cellular hypoxia to trigger HIF-1α expression for the apparent benefit of the tumor, and that down-regulating HIF-1α expression combats tumor growth.  See: https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/11320410

Howard

Well, cancer tends to like, and benefit from, the same things as you.
The most effective cancer treatment is execution.

• Needs references x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: thymosin beta 4, tb 500, peptides

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users