- - - - -

Ciltep and uridine/GPC/DHA

ciltep uridine dha stack gpc mr happy

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ZHMike

• 227 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:39 PM

anyone used the ciltep and Mr happy stack together, any synergy to this combo? I don't see any reason they would antagonize each other, any personal experiences?

#2 AmpleBeingdotcom

• 53 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:05 PM

I have not tried mixing the two together but I've been using our supplement for close to a year and have had some pretty consistent results.

I am curious to see how people respond to this though. 

ZHMike have you tried an LTP product/stack yet?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 ZHMike

• Topic Starter
  • 227 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:48 AM

I am starting back up, I had tried in the past but I had stopped because I wanted to try some other stacks on there own. I am going to stick with it this time I think, actually ordered from your site via amazon, should be in shortly. I will let you know how it goes. Somebody has to have tried the two stacks together, hopefully we can get some feedback :)

#4 AmpleBeingdotcom

• 53 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:13 AM

Very cool Mike. Thank you for the support. I definitely want to hear how everything goes on your end, shoot me an email or PM and keep me posted.

If nobody has combined the two stacks you may be the perfect candidate to let everyone know how thy work together :)

#5 swen

• 67 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:36 AM

Abelard Lindsey posted in the CILTEP thread about combining the two stack. He experienced good results BUT ended in low serotin. 

#6 AmpleBeingdotcom

• 53 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:09 AM

He cant be the only one though. Swen have you dabbled with an LTP stack + Mr Happy stack?

#7 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:02 PM

I've seen a few reports of trying to directly mix the canonical CILTEP stack (Artichoke, Coleus Forskohlii, Phenylalanine) with Mr Happy's Stack (Uridine Monophosphate, Alpha-GPC/CDP-Choline, DHA Oil), and the results were almost always that the person ended up feeling depressed. Abelard Lindsay did say that this depression felt rather like low serotonin. Now, that points to this particular bit of polypharmacy missing something important,. Since the body cannot synthesize dopamine and serotonin at the same time, we can assume that at least two ingredients need to be added, as a bridge: A serotonin precursor, and B-Complex to support synthesis.

5-HTP or L-DOPA could be used in place of other neurotransmitter precursors, eliminating the problems with the body only being able to synthesize one or the other. I would recommend staying away from L-DOPA, since Dopamine doesn't work right when synthesized outside the brain, and Phenylalanine has its own good effects. So, I would add 5-HTP at 50-100 mg to prevent low serotonin. Artichoke could also be replaced with Zembrin, which has some seratinogenic effects of its own in addition to PDE4 inhibition.

My "bridge stack":

25mg Zembrin

5mg Forskolin (as ~500mg Coleus extract)

500mg Phenylalanine

50mg 5-HTP

800mg DHA

200mg UMP

250mg CDP-Choline

250mg ALCAR

Vitamin B Complex providing at least 100% RDA of all B-vitamins

Vitamin E Complex providing 100% RDA Vit E, mixed tocopherols

#8 AmpleBeingdotcom

• 53 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:44 PM

Have you taken this combo or is this just your recommendation? 

#9 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:33 PM

A recommendation, based on what information I was able to gather about CILTEP and Mr Happy's Stack together. I've taken Mr Happy's Stack in conjunction with 5-HTP before, and had some good results, however.

#10 AmpleBeingdotcom

• 53 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:43 PM

Have you tried an LTP stack before?

#11 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:01 PM

I have. I actually contributed a bit of research in the main CILTEP thread. Otherwise why would I be posting?

#12 ZHMike

• Topic Starter
  • 227 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:49 PM

Ok I am on day 4 of ciltep, feeling good so far - although I did not sleep much last night so I am not expecting much today.  I am going to use plain ciltep for at least a month than try mixing with uridine et al.  I think Jeoshua has a good idea with the 5 htp, I wounder if tianeptine would fit the bill for the low seratonin?  That could also be an interesting option.   My one concern with 5 htp, (never tried it myself) is that I know people use it for sleep promotion - so would it make me tired? That's the last outcome I want from this Happy/Ciltep stack!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#13 scitris

• 61 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:19 AM

5-hydroxytryptophan hasnt have to make you tired. I think at bedtime its supposed to give relexation and less anxiety, what leads to a better sleep, despite from the direct serotonergic effect.

5-htp for me isnt the right thing. I havnt made good experiences with it, but everybody is different and i dont know if quality played a big role.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ciltep, uridine, dha, stack, gpc, mr happy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users