• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Can I combine Huperzine-A with Pramiracetam?

huperzine choline racetam pramiracetam huperzine-a noots nootropics stack

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sherry Harrisson

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:46 PM

Hi people,

I have googled my ass off but cannot find any answer on this question.

Can I combine Hup-A with Pram?

It sounds like a nice stack because of the reuptake blocking of choline when taking Hup-A.

Anyone experience with this combo?

#2 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:53 PM

Pramiracetam is also a High Affinity Choline Uptake enhancer, and coupled along with HupA's acetylcholinesterase inhibition, that might be a bit too much of a good thing.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Cephalon

• 497 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

Hey, I mixed it Pramiracetam with Donepezil and found it too strong for everyday use. Then, I didn't tolerate Donepezil well in the first place, but prefer Huperzine-A alot. Definately a combination I would try (I). Report back, if you ended up trying it :) Dose low on both ..

#4 Sherry Harrisson

• Topic Starter
  • 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:57 AM

I'd love to, but I am a bit scared after the reply of Jeoshua

#5 Cephalon

• 497 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:55 PM

Sure he is basically right. But that's also true for Piracetam and Choline, or mixing an ACEI with a choline source. I described it as a "Choline-Syndrome" similar to a Serotonin-Syndrome before, when mixing Donepezil with Alpha-GPC and Pramiracetam. I'm sure dosing really low on both wouldn't cause any harm. But as we are all of pretty good health we shouldn't gamble it just out of curiosity  :)

Mixing Donepezil with Pramiracetam (and Alpha GPC) was one of the worst supplement experiances I ever had. Right after mixing Yohimbe Bark with modafinil (and ending up in the ER) and a bad trip on morning glory seeds. So you might reconsider. But then Huperzine A is not as strong as Donepezil I think. Anyways it will most likely not worth it in the first place. 

#6 Absent

• 492 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:09 AM

I would advise staying away from Huperizine A. 

I have read nothing but amazing initial reviews of it, and then for some reason the bulk majority of these people claim that it seems to have damaged their memory and that their memories have not returned to working capacity in weeks. It has more horror stories like this than any other nootropic I have read about, so I decided not to even bother with it. I would advise researching it a little before taking it.

• Needs references x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts
  • Location:From Hartford (Just 1/1/2014) Moved too Boston (jamica Plains)

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:01 AM

Not too play devils advocate but ... Upon first delving into nootropics (vinpocetine hup a and Aniracetam ) huperazine literally scared me away it had far too many stimulating anxiety inducing effects I would look at the bottle and pause .... I don't think it was until around 7 months after I obtained the first bottle that I really started too utilize in my stack and since then I have had many long term washouts tried replacements or possible alternatives and for me and my body nothing comes close....
If anything I would err on the side of caution as too the dosage of huperazine and the timing

So this is what I suggest
Take your huperazine a at around 25mcg upon wakening and take the second dose around 3 pm , settle on a nice dose of pramiracetam and do invest in a good amount of omega 3s I'd say enough too take 2 grams in split daily doses (take the fish oil and pram with your first two meals of the day )

And with huperazine titrate up at around 25mcg every 2-3 weeks until you find a comfort zone

I've used anywhere from 200mcg -1200 mcg daily in split doses , these days I don't venture past 800mcg daily (in split doses)
  • Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: huperzine, choline, racetam, pramiracetam, huperzine-a, noots, nootropics, stack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users