Semax regimen

semax

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Maxpower

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:44 AM

I have been reading up on the injectable nootropics, Cerebrolysin and Semax.  The suggested Cerebrolysin regimen seems to be to use daily for 20 days, then stop for a few months.   What is recommended with Semax? Must it be used continuously for a certain amount of time, or can it be used on an as needed basis, when work/sport demands maximum mental performance?  I was hoping I could give it a break on days off or in quiet work/sport times, then inject it SubQ for 1-7 days on an infrequent basis as needed. Though it has a half life of 20 hours, if it accumulates, do the effects last longer? 

#2 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:40 AM

Though it has a half life of 20 hours, if it accumulates, do the effects last longer?

This is incorrect. Almost all literature on Semax states, that it has a half-life of 5 minutes or less. You should not need to worry about it accumulating. The 20 hour or so time frame you mentioned likely is referring to the therapeutic effect (which I think refers to an increase of serum BDNF for roughly that period of time).

http://artlife.rv.ua...item/203&lng=en
In very small doses (3-30 mg / kg) is an endogenous regulator semax function of the CNS, has a strong neuroprotective effect, increases the adaptive capacity of the brain and in large doses (150-300 mg / kg) has angioprotektivnoe, antihypoxia and neurotrophic effects. Semax has directed neurotrophic and neyromoduliruyuschim actions to ensure its influence on the manifestation of focal stroke. When endonasal administration of drugs through 4 min penetrates the blood-brain barrier, its half-life in the body is a few minutes, and the therapeutic effect after a single dose - 20 to 24 hours.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Maxpower

• Topic Starter
  • 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:46 PM

Oops, looks like I misinterpreted the therapeutic effects as the life of the peptide.

So from what you are saying, their is no need to take the injections everyday, and that it can be used on an as needed basis when maximum mental performance is needed?

#4 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:09 PM

Oops, looks like I misinterpreted the therapeutic effects as the life of the peptide.

So from what you are saying, their is no need to take the injections everyday, and that it can be used on an as needed basis when maximum mental performance is needed?

Sorry for not replying to your original question earlier. Of my personal experiance with it, it probably works better on an "as needed" basis. However, for fear of potential contamination (I was taking the russian nasal droplets), I purposely went through my bottles as quickly as possible. I was essentially taking it on a day on day off basis.

I'm guessing you bought the Peptide on Ceretropic and can dose accordingly; my advice to you for effective use would be to use it as needed but dose multiple times in the same day. If I had unlimited funds at my disposal, this would be my approach, use it on days when I need it, multiple times within that day. The days in which I have used Semax multiple times, it seemed to produce the best nootropic effects when dosed multiple times (better recall, clearer thoughts, and as some have mentioned 'feeling oxygenated')

Some people might raise the question, 'Why not take it on a daily basis?' To answer that: Semax is a synthetic analogue of the neuropeptide ACTH-410. ACTH-410 is released in response to stressful situations which in theory would raise cortisol levels, which would not be good on a daily basis. However, I am just speculating, there may be no correlation between ACTH-410 and cortisol.

Edited by FW900, 15 April 2014 - 10:10 PM.

#5 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:53 PM

^ plus the fact that this stuff is really expensive for regular use. they sell tiny bottles of it, which might be used as much as 1-2 days depending on how much you use but fairly said 1-2 days if used multiple times a day. really hard to afford it long run.

#6 Maxpower

• Topic Starter
  • 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:24 PM

^ plus the fact that this stuff is really expensive for regular use. they sell tiny bottles of it, which might be used as much as 1-2 days depending on how much you use but fairly said 1-2 days if used multiple times a day. really hard to afford it long run.

I thought the small bottles lasted for 120 days if you only used 1mg a day?  I ordered a bottle last night so I will hopefully be able to reports its effects soon.

#7 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:14 PM

The 3 ml Russian bottles last around two weeks from my experience. Ceretropic is much cheaper and should last longer.

#8 Maxpower

• Topic Starter
  • 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:54 PM

I ordered the 120 mg bottle from Ceretropic along with a bottle of bacteriostatic water.

Edited by Maxpower, 18 April 2014 - 12:00 AM.

#9 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:48 AM

max, when you receieve them, start reporting day to day how it works for you

#10 Maxpower

• Topic Starter
  • 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:55 AM

max, when you receieve them, start reporting day to day how it works for you

I Will take some on some regular quiet work days and some on some very busy work days, 12 hour shifts and post results. Later I Will likely stack a fee other nootropics on top and let you know my findings.

#11 Ryan Petchenick

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:02 AM

Not to hijack your thread, but I also ordered the bacteriostatic water and semax from ceretropic today. Im really excited to see what it does. How do you plan on taking yours? I cant stand needles so I ordered a metered nasal spray bottle.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#12 Maxpower

• Topic Starter
  • 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:56 AM

I am blessed with an abundant amount of belly fat to inject subcutaniously into, so needles won't be an issue for me. Using the small 29 gauge .5" long insulin needles to inject into tum
my fat should not be too much bother.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: semax

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users