• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

Transcendence, the Movie

transcendence kurzweil dystopia yech

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:43 PM

This place used to be a real hangout for Singularitarians.  I don't know if very many are still here, but the movie Transcendence comes out on friday.  I saw a trailer, and thought Kurzweil would be tearing his hair out.  I guess not, though, since I saw him plug it somewhere.  Maybe he gets a percentage of the gross...  It's the ever-popular dystopian image of the future- Be Very Afraid...

Here's a review.

Kind of sounds like it sucks, but I'll probably see it anyway, just because.

#2 LexLux

• 265 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:53 AM

I agree

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 Avatar of Horus

• 241 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:13 AM

Transcendence: Humanity's Next Evolution

"For two million years the human brain has evolved more than any species in existence. But what if all our knowledge, all our accomplishments and all our achievements could be learned in mere minutes? What if humanity's next evolution wasn't human at all? What happens when artificial intelligence becomes self-aware? Is it the key to immortality or is it the path towards annihilation?"

I Call It Transcendence

"For one hundred and thirty thousand years our capacity for reason has remain unchanged. The combined intellect of the neuroscientists, engineers, mathematicians pales in comparison to even the most basic AI. Once online, a sentient machine will quickly overcome the limits of biology, and in a short time its analytical power will be greater than the collective intelligence of every person born in the history of the world. Some scientist refer to this as the Singularity, I call it Transcendence."

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 ADVANCESSSS

• 353 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:31 PM

I personally think there needs to be a elaborant amount of signals/action at the same time to each other and ect from many fire-ers like neurons~

I think we should advance with nanotechnology - things and nanobots, and stem cells, and robotic/synthetic neuron cells, I bet we could even start making neuron cords and sectors now! Maybe if mass produced and tried! They just have to probably maybe be electric signalers!

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: transcendence, kurzweil, dystopia, yech

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users