Law Revision - memorisation tips

nootropics cases

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Iamnobodi

• 36 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:37 PM

so i'm currently revising for my law exams starting in may. the way i revise is through using flashcards, case on one side and the basic facts + legal principle on the other. i can memorise it fine, however i find that i slowly start to forget some of the information after memorising it after a few hours.

was wondering if anyone had any advice to improve memory retention for the cases?

will be starting a basic nootropic stack -  beginning of next week with piracetam and choline so hopefully that'll help. 

thankyou  :-D 

#2 ta5

• 952 posts
Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:21 PM

Spaced repetition

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 Iamnobodi

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:06 PM

awesome...exactly what i was looking for, thank you ta5!

from the wiki page you linked Pimsleur's paper recommends 5 seconds, 25 seconds, 2 minutes, 10 minutes, 1 hour, 5 hours, 1 day, 5 days

have you used this method before? what intervals worked for you?

#4 kelka

• 50 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:23 PM

A mooc I've been doing has talked about the best ways to learn.
The top one is recall. Tell people, practice recalling the information and explaining it to other people. Flash cards are good though but if you can explain it to someone then all the better. The next was spacing. As above really, cramming works but only short term. If you want to remember it to build on the you need to keep going back to it. The last one is interleaving. I'm not sure how this would work for you but it means short stints of different subjects.

#5 Iamnobodi

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:23 AM

A mooc I've been doing has talked about the best ways to learn.
The top one is recall. Tell people, practice recalling the information and explaining it to other people. Flash cards are good though but if you can explain it to someone then all the better. The next was spacing. As above really, cramming works but only short term. If you want to remember it to build on the you need to keep going back to it. The last one is interleaving. I'm not sure how this would work for you but it means short stints of different subjects.

Alright thanks, I'll try explaining to someone after I remember the info. But would you be able to recommend some intervals for spaced repetition for me? Or does it depend person to person?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#6 AmpleBeingdotcom

• 53 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:11 PM

Have you looked into using Artichoke + Forskolin to help with memory retention/focus?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropics, cases

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users