light tanner hazard?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KieranA001

• 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:42 PM

Hello,

Now I don't know if any of you know or even if this is the right place to post this, but I couldn't see it anywhere else on the forum or a spectfic place to put it.

I recently brought a light box to see if my depression and brain fog was caused by a lack of light. This device I brought gives off 10,000 lux. It does seem to be helping me a bit, and for some reason when I look at the light I can see weird things in my vision like little bugs jumping and pinging everywhere, or that's what it looks like kinda like micro organisms.

Anyway.... I just wanted to know if I can turn this thing into a tanning light by removing the frontal cover that stops the UV rays from passing through. I should obviously wear glasses but I didn't know if the type of UV was bad or anything, or different to the Sun's UV lighting?

Thanks. :-)

P.S. I wanted the tanning for the synthesis of Vitamin D3. Because that's also linked in with depressive symptoms.

Edited by KieranA001, 18 April 2014 - 07:44 PM.

#2 koala_muncher

• 56 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:35 AM

Howdy, I wouldn't risk it. Get some natural sunlight at low UV times of the day or take some Vit D if your levels are low.  Death by malignant melanoma is not pretty.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users