• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Doc wont prescribe Ritalin (only legal stim apart from Modafinil ,Japan), is Selegiline the best alternative?

add sleep apnea lethargic piracetam selegiline l-deprenyl caffeine

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#31 AlexxxB

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:28 AM

Just reporting back! Asked psychiatrist about it and he was dumbfunded , he had never heard of it , he said that he can't or doesn't want to prescribe it after having a look through his crystal ball (I mean PC).
So not a definite NO but he will study it...I said , well if you can't then who can? That was it...
Typical , goodie goodie Japanese style in a small town , as his clinic is very near my sleep clinic so both docs are scared of eachother just in case somehow one hears about the other prescribing a weird drug or even a very highly monitored one such as the ones in quiestion.
Tomorrow I'm off to see the doc that prescribes me Lyrica Tramadol he operated on my knee (had a torn ACL+meniscus surgery recently... even this guy is in the same suburb.

#32 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts
  • Location:From Hartford (Just 1/1/2014) Moved too Boston (jamica Plains)

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:07 PM

Well ....... IDK about japan but in the US doctors IME are reluctant too give an rx for Lyrica ... is there any possibility you can bring up a viable reason (look up every off label condition Deprenyl or Pemoline is Rxd for ) too the doctor who prescribed the tramadol and lyrica?

In my humble opinion Lyrica and gabapentin can both be used as Nootropics obviously one needs too err on the side of caution with lyrica (as far as the Nootropic scope goes anyways as in what dose would be Nootropic and what is just dumbing you down )

Calcium channel blockers have been invaluable for me in nootropic experimentation  Anxiety Sleep quality and for Myalgia induced by opiate dependance

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 AlexxxB

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:46 PM

Well ....... IDK about japan but in the US doctors IME are reluctant too give an rx for Lyrica ... is there any possibility you can bring up a viable reason (look up every off label condition Deprenyl or Pemoline is Rxd for ) too the doctor who prescribed the tramadol and lyrica?

In my humble opinion Lyrica and gabapentin can both be used as Nootropics obviously one needs too err on the side of caution with lyrica (as far as the Nootropic scope goes anyways as in what dose would be Nootropic and what is just dumbing you down )

Calcium channel blockers have been invaluable for me in nootropic experimentation  Anxiety Sleep quality and for Myalgia induced by opiate dependance

Very interesting , I'm just reading up on Calcium channel blockers ...just started basically , I have been getting busy last few weeks. Unfortunately I can't see how they would work for me + I have to look at side effects closely since the name just reminds me of Beta Blockers  and being a musician I have tried those as an aid in my musical performance , unfortunately it made my light asthma very heavy during the half life.

I have been searching up all threads on No Libido here and have found some interesting stuff but nothing that actually has worked for someone in a similar case like mine.

Most interesting find is that lack of REM sleep could be a cause of loss of libido.

Again all my frustrating problems could be solved with Ritalin but I have almost given up trying and its very frustrating that there is no doctor yet that is actually willing to genuinely  help me.

There is an imbalance in my brain caused by that lack of REM sleep but the right medicine cannot be prescribed because my doctor is just another sheep of the Japanese system , a lack of serotonin is OK to be fixed by an SSRI without a question , like Ritalin would cause more harm to a person than any SSRI.

I know it may sound like a long throw but I am actually thinking of finding a way to move to the US just because of this idiocy!

I will make a list of supplements that I will order.

I am having doubts about Tongkat Ali because I don't have a low testosterone and the only way its described is as a testosterone booster and I know very well that boosted testosterone puts normal guys libido through the roof but not for me even in huge doses it does very little , also the genuine Malaysian stuff is very expensive.

Can you guys help me out , so far quoting what everyone has recommended (its quite a lot)  ;

L-phenylalanine  or  DLPA?

Sulbutiamine      

Mucuna Pruriens

L-Tyrosine

green tea extract ?

5-MHTF or methylfolate ?

Agmatine 

" L-Threonate and Huperazine a as a STACK"  quoting Ultravioletbllc , no idea how all the stuff that he recommended 

would work , sounds complicated , especially not knowing wether to take these along with my regular Tramadol & Lyrica 

daily dose...and the last couple 

L-Theanine

TMG ???

So , thats quite a huge list , what do you guys think is worth trying first or most ? Also I kept Piracetam off the list since I didn't  like it in the first place although I have a little left over. 

I have also put a question mark on the ones that I have no idea about or just being sceptical , for example green tea extract... 

I am going on Ebay tonight or if anyone can recommend a web store where I can use PayPal please do , please PM me if you are not allowed to post links here.

Thank you all for being so helpful !!!

Edited by AlexxxB, 30 May 2014 - 12:58 PM.

#34 AlexxxB

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:27 PM

L-phenylalanine  or  DLPA?

#35 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:11 PM

bro hit me up ultrasounds617@gmail.com

I will answer your questions as best I can

FIRST OFF I haven't found any standalone substance that caters too my unique set of symptoms as well as cognitive Needs , That being said a custom tailored STACK for your individual goals needs and symptoms needs too be formulated

One thing that will inevitably work for a good deal of your trouble is

CAE

catecholamine enhancement

this can be achieved vis a vis a LARGE variety of methods

I include novel NMDA inhibition (agmatine , Lithium orotate , magtein , huperazine A) for Three reasons

1. Tolerance mediation / Improved dose efficacy

2. Anti Anxiety and my personal experience being that nmda inhibition does provde some relief from my ADHD

3. lack of motivation and Myalgia issue wich nmda inhibition seems too mediate quite noticeably

The best for of Phenylalanine FOR ME is D-phenylalanine available through Ebay and usually by Drs Best .... I guess not many companies are interested in the D fraction as a standalone

The D fraction can be summed up simply as a great pre cursory substance too endogenous opiates = Pain relief , motivational push etc

The L fraction for Anti Depressant effects

THE DLPA form is a 50/50 mix of both isomers a "best of both worlds" if you will

The DL form is probably a great place too start though as I would not be able too suggest L-phenylalanine w/o the use of a CAE and or mao-b inhibitor( and I can only make these suggestions not out of knowledge and study gained over the years but through real life trial and error and spent $ over the years )

The DLPA /LPA/DPA is also a huge component for my CAE program

its a lot of trial and error if your going too integrate self tailored treatment / Attempted improvement  into the mix (regardless of what it is your aiming too treat or augment)

for instance I stick by agmatine regardless of what im stacking because I believe its the under-hyped holy grail SO FAR in my quest into nootropics / nutraceuticals / vitamin and amino therapy

It Releases Both endogenous opiates

it has Life Extension Properties

it is a quality NMDA inhibitor

A strong anti depressant /anxiety supplement

a brilliant analgesic

restores kidney health and or augments it

and MILDLY inhibits MAO (therefore complimenting deprenyl Bpap Dpa Quarterfolic/5-mhtf etc )

Brightens My mood just as well as STABLON/tianeptine  W/o the tolerance issues

I didnt mention jiaogulan and I probably should have

its one of the strongest dopaminergics with the gentlest methods of action

and I only learned of its dopaminergic properties after I added it into my stack too mediate Blood Pressure (wich hadn't been an issue but my BP is nothing I want too play with and not have a backup plan in place for ...a safety net as it were)

I have currently devised a new stack /Personal Rx program for ADHD-PI comorbid w C-PTSD and my cognitive Needs in mind

it looks like this

5mg deprenyl a day (in the morning w food and an additional 1.5 grams omega 3 after the first two weeks you can drop the deprenyl down too 2.5mgs  a day considering the effect of chronic dosing and the elevated success I associate with it)

1.2 mg quarterfolic (or deplin) every A.M.

1.5 Grams omega 3 acids every A.M.

500 mgs Agmatine TID

... kinda busy ATM but will give this more attention tonight my brother

#36 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:42 AM

Definitely no macuna ...... Ever

#37 AlexxxB

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:15 AM

Bro , I appreciate it !!! Will try to experiment with all those , the mucuna pruriens is purely for the possible libido boost , I doubt it will do anything except for mess with my head , why exactly are you saying a big NO to it?

So far I have ordered ; Tongat Ali , Mucuna P , L-Tyrosine and DLPA all under $100 from two Ebay stores 

The Tongat Ali is expensive usually and often faked ...I have too much knowledge of Tribulus Teresteris so if they swap it with that I can smell it from a mile away.

Next Ill be looking at the Nootropics and will do a bulk buy which I will share with some friend , I forget the place I ordered Piracetam in a 1kg tub last time ...

I wonder how I will react to Sulbutiamine  as didn't like Piracetam much ...

#38 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:29 PM

IDK why you are using testosterone cycle supps? as a novel dopaminergic tactic?

I recently found a supplier for deprenyl thats like 0.35 cents USD per dose

I also found a trustworthy bpap supplier

My idea is that the nmda inhibition can keep my phenylpiracetam tolerance down

the phenyl skeleton should make the drug longer lasting with stronger effects combined with deprenyl

and the drug in itself in this regime could do quite the opposite too its usual nature

with the possibility of D receptor agonism /modulation (speculative)

The deprenyl and (-)-BpAp effect on efficacy of agmatine , huperzine and phenylpiracetam

and the nmda inhibition leading too slower habituation too the phenyls effects and or lack of considering......

I will use cognitex w/pregnelone and brainshield as my choline source for the Phenyl (although Id rather use cdp choline for the dopaminergic effects) the cognitex does include 100mgs uridine UMP daily with 100 mgs daily gastrodin

I am also cycling one bottle of acetyl l carninitine arginate w/alpha lipoic acid

wich I will discontinue today in an attempt too negate the tolerance effects I feel it may have on the phenyl

in the future I will switch too cdp choline and a low dose of uridine and brainshield (as well as regular..READ cheaper alcar) as my racetam support group

#39 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:49 PM

so here is the stack in its finality

Agmatine X 500mg TID +

PhenylPiracetam x 200 mg +

5-10 mg deprenyl(for the first two weeks then once i feel im at a level of chronic administration and can reap its benefits I will lower the deprenyl dose too 2.5 mg and add in a small amount of l--methamphetamine as a standalone too compliment the lower dose of deprenyl) +

{1200 mcg Quarterfolic BID(most likely 1200 mcg+ plus an additional 800 mcg mid day)} These two work in unison as a mild CAE  Pro augmentation

{5-10 mg NADH BiD too be replaced with Picamilon 125mg TID +}

DLPA 500 mg BId+ replaced by D-pa once this bottle is through

bpap 10mcgs Bid+ (plans too titrated UP)

1.8 grams omega 3 (epa and dha blend , as well as standalone DHA) BiD+

Cognitex w/Pregnelone and Gastrodin One serving BiD

1 Gram raw Jiaogulan Mid day

1 Lithium orotate 120mg Before Bed

stuff im still waiting on but will add into stack ASAP

Mag-L-threonate (found a great Bulk supplier) 1g Bid+

Huperzine A-200 mcg TID +

+= supplements taken as breakfast for lack of better description (my A.M. Stack)

What I wanna add

when I decide what too take away and whats got a permanent relevance in this stack

PQQ(I would add this now as its effects are far superior too anything like it currently available as of now its just a lack of $Priority spending ability )

Benfotiamine

Luteolin

pramiexpole(once I get used too BpaP and decide if thats a win or ditch situation)

a Higher dose of selegeline taken long term w NMDA inhibitors dosed Bi-daily

Edited by Ultravioletbllc, 02 June 2014 - 02:50 PM.

#40 AlexxxB

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:35 PM

Pramipexole ? Are you sure? I couldn't get up and out of bed when I took it , I still have most of it left over... I don't recommend this stuff if you have sleep apnea , cabergoline any day ! I don't know how it would stack up next to deprenyl though. 

#41 AlexxxB

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:03 AM

I have recieved my L-Tyrosine 500mg caps , now not too sure when and how to take it , especially since my Lyrica/Tramadol + 2 can of Monster upon waking , I will give it a miss today until I get an answer here.

Also DLPA is here and same question , now I downed it with my other meds upon waking .

Tongkat Ali is OK actually quite interesting as it also gives a motivational kind of "I better get up and do something before I explode" feeling , not without many side effects but it did make me fall asleep when I doubled the dose.

Mucuna Pruriens is terrible stuff apart from making me more alert in my band practice it gave me itchy eyes that got worse and worse after taking 3 individual doses before bed in 3 days it has continued for days after I stopped taking it , I didnt get the vivid dreaming much at all since my apnea prevents me entering REM sleep.

My selfish SSRI pusher psychiatrist  refused to prescribe me "Betanamin" because he has no experience with it and because "Its banned in other countries".

My chemist has done research for me and found a clinic on the island where some doctor prescribes it ...

#42 AlexxxB

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:54 PM

When is the best time of day to take L-Tyrosine and DLPA 500mg  , yesterday I took an extra DLPA one morning one after lunch and I wanted to fall asleep around 5pm 

#43 yuller

• 7 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:41 AM

I signed up to longecity today after reading your post,  for no other reason but to warn you to be extremely careful with what you import into Japan. I resided in Japan as a foreigner for 21 years and observed on more than a few occassions, foreigners having to go through extreme hardship to say the least, for importing medicines from abroad, either in person on arrival or by mail.

Since this is my first post, I am unable to add links to more information until I have more posts. In fact one case I know of prompted a US State Deptartment website warning Americans considreing travel to Japan not to  carry with them any Adderall, Dexedrine or Vyanase into Japan. I'll add that I  do not know the specifics with importing Ritalin or Concerta. To the Japanese government, importing the prescribed amphetamine salts  is the same as importing heroin, amphetamines are illegal in Japan and it makes no difference to the authorities if it is prescribed to you outside  Japan. Similarly, for example, don't expect anyone in Dubai  or the state of Missouri to allow foreigners coming in from Colorado to pull out their medical marijuana card as defense for the weed in their suitcase.

It is absolutely illegal to import Deprenil (Selegiline) into Japan, due not so much to selegiline's drug effects  but rather because a metabolite from some forms of deprenil or selegiline can be found in the urine of users which shows up in urine tests as if the person has been  taking amphetamine/methamphetamine. Since I can't add the link, please search for it. (My plug, GINYF (Google is Not Your Friend), instead use the anonymous Duck Duck Go search engine :)

To the powers that be in Japan, methamphetamine  historically has wreaked havoc in Japan for ages , so therefore stopping it's usage is very high on  police enforcement efforts and they feel arresting users works. 

In Japan having a an amphetamine presence in your urine is considered "drug possession" you need not  have any drug on you, nor in your home, internal presence in your pee alone of a metabolite is considered "possession."  In every case I came across, violators  receieved  about  3 years in prison in horribly decrepid, ultra crowded, WWII strict  boot camps that would blow anyone's mind.

Police regularly grab people walking down the street, particularly if their top teeth are gone, assuming they are meth (kaksezai) abusers, they haul them in for urine tests without recourse, and if postiive, they get the three year penalty. The prisons are full of such men, most are repeat "offenders."

Japanese customs are quick to monitor foreigners mail, far more quickly than they might of Japanese citizens.  Remember, the drumbeat is that most evil comes from outside Japan.  Should they find anything in your mail they presume is an illegal drug, they quickly raid your home with a team of experts who tend to be meticulous during the search. 

Any person found to import what they believe to be illegal substances will be immediately arrrested after the home search, abducted to a station and subjected to a urine test once incarcinated.  Often the abductee is not allowed to call anyone for as long as  22 days. Interrogation is in every case 22 days for first round,  where without a lawyer they are  subjected to ruthless interrogation. Remarkably, 99.8% of those arrested admit to whatever it is the police claim they did. This interrogation period without a lawyer is a long running bone of contention with the US State Department as well as with Amnesty International, as are the draconian prison conditions.

My advice to you is, do not attempt to import any substance by mail which is illegal including selegiline. Secondly, should you do so, be certain you have no other illegal materials in your home such as marijuana when awaiting your mail order.

I am and American who lived in Japan for two decades until recently and watched a few cases where people known to me  were taken down from mail importations and later endured long prison sentences.  Japan's judicial system is corrupt as can be, prosecutors and judges sit in the same office, wink wink, nod nod, and trials are phoney kangaroo charades mostly for the west's placation, yet from my view, sentecing  is always decided before the trial begins. Police claim their 99.8% conviction rate is because they are so good at what they do, I'd laugh but I am have long been a member of Amnesty Internation and see it otherwise.

Japanese powers that be love to take a foreigner down, as it suits their premise that most evils in Japan come from abroad, not from within, so presecutors and judges get a feather in their cap when they  take another foreigner down. They also like to avoid making arrests or any sort of trouble  with the entrenched yakuza who they most often allow to run their criminal operations as they please.

I will try to add some ideas for milder, legal herbal alternatives for the OP  in a later post if I can think of any.

I agree I wouldn't bring almost any medicine when going across borders actually especially with japan and countries like that not worth the hassle.

#44 AlexxxB

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:19 AM

Just what I have been up to lately and a part of a message to a member here ...

"My doctor (from the team that fucked my knee operation up) the only one that listens and understands my situation fully ,  is writing a referral letter and one really focused on getting me at least to try that Pemoline shit. He is l moving overseas  possibly for good so I'm gonna get the most I can before he does , he is also clean giving me tips on how to get it like "bring your wife etc" my wife works in the medical field.

I got to take control of my health , the only bad thing is I cant have a normal biorhythm without the daily job to go to."

I've been having a tough time with my situation overall , mainly my deteriorating health (since my knee operation) and change of jobs. 

I am still taking Tramadol 130mg , Lyrica 450mg , Caffeine in tablet form and Monster energy drink daily just to drag my ass out of bed , once I'm up there I am "semi OK" get my usual ADHD symptoms bad like forgetting where I left my shit etc all the time , at night I put myself to sleep with meds...of course I use supplements too ...

The L-Tyrosine even DLPA didn't fit very well into my daily thing overall , worked maybe once or twice...

I am really hoping that this Pemoline does end up being helpful and effective because I've put quite a bit of effort into trying to even come close to it...

#45 AlexxxB

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:54 PM

OK , finally some light can be seen in my situation. I have found an open minded doctor that actually knows what he is doing , I have been a lab rat for a few weeks and tried a few weird drugs I have never heard of...

Two more commonly known ones are Abilify and Cymbalta.

I had a hard time with Cymbalta but Abilify seems to work for getting ass out of bed on certain days so I will keep trying to incorporate it with dose adjustments I do see this drug having positive effects on motivation.

Now here is one that I have not heard much about. Amoxapine ...Can anyone give me first hand experience with this drug? Is it worth the risk of its scary side effects? 

I could find very little online and surprised its only been mentioned in Longecity only twice (didn't search generic names).

Amoxapine anyone 
I may start with it tomorrow and find out.

Edited by AlexxxB, 18 November 2014 - 12:55 PM.

#46 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:42 PM

None of these medications have any efficacy or medical evidence for treating daytime sleepiness or narcolepsy.

- Amoxapine is a tricyclic antidepressant.

- Cymbalta is an SNRI

- Abilify is an atypical antipsychotic.

I strongly urge you to discontinue the doctor you are using and if you are able to, report him. It is unethical and outright wrong to treat a patient for a condition he does not have (the prescription history is essentially is saying you have major or treatment resistant depression....). I suggest visiting the doctor one last time, tell him there is nothing to indicate any of the drugs you've been prescribed have anything to do with treating daytime sleepiness; in turn make an argument for and demand pemoline. Tell him you'll take the risks of pemoline and you feel it is safer than a cocktail of anti-depressants and antipsychotics. It, unlike the garbage that was prescribed to you, has evidence of treating daytime sleepiness.

Please don't take this the wrong way but what you experienced with Abilify was likely placebo, especially that it only works "some days". There is nothing (a weak argument could be made for cymbalta) in aripiprazole's (Abilify's) mechanism of action that would lend itself to promoting wakefulness. The only actions with dopamine (which may be the doctor's logic for prescribing?) are as a weak partial agonist to certian subtypes; even full blown dopamine agonists are never used for daytime sleepiness for the simple fact they don't work.

As for amoxapine: it should be safe for most people. If I were you, I would be more concerned with being on abilify than amoxapine. Amoxapine's Wikipedia page happens to list every single side effect, which is why I assume you are concerned, and if you looked at uncommon/rare side effects for any other drug there would also be a similar laundry list. Amoxapine and cymbalta may be contraindicated, I would research the combination before you take them together.

If I'm not mistaken, all of these significantly raise prolactin which should diminish your motivation even more. My honest advice is to throw all of these garbage medications away; placebo is the only thing they have going for them and may have adverse effects toward tiredness/motivation in the long run.

#47 AlexxxB

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:51 PM

None of these medications have any efficacy or medical evidence for treating daytime sleepiness or narcolepsy.

- Amoxapine is a tricyclic antidepressant.

- Cymbalta is an SNRI

- Abilify is an atypical antipsychotic.

I strongly urge you to discontinue the doctor you are using and if you are able to, report him. It is unethical and outright wrong to treat a patient for a condition he does not have (the prescription history is essentially is saying you have major or treatment resistant depression....). I suggest visiting the doctor one last time, tell him there is nothing to indicate any of the drugs you've been prescribed have anything to do with treating daytime sleepiness; in turn make an argument for and demand pemoline. Tell him you'll take the risks of pemoline and you feel it is safer than a cocktail of anti-depressants and antipsychotics. It, unlike the garbage that was prescribed to you, has evidence of treating daytime sleepiness.

Please don't take this the wrong way but what you experienced with Abilify was likely placebo, especially that it only works "some days". There is nothing (a weak argument could be made for cymbalta) in aripiprazole's (Abilify's) mechanism of action that would lend itself to promoting wakefulness. The only actions with dopamine (which may be the doctor's logic for prescribing?) are as a weak partial agonist to certian subtypes; even full blown dopamine agonists are never used for daytime sleepiness for the simple fact they don't work.

As for amoxapine: it should be safe for most people. If I were you, I would be more concerned with being on abilify than amoxapine. Amoxapine's Wikipedia page happens to list every single side effect, which is why I assume you are concerned, and if you looked at uncommon/rare side effects for any other drug there would also be a similar laundry list. Amoxapine and cymbalta may be contraindicated, I would research the combination before you take them together.

If I'm not mistaken, all of these significantly raise prolactin which should diminish your motivation even more. My honest advice is to throw all of these garbage medications away; placebo is the only thing they have going for them and may have adverse effects toward tiredness/motivation in the long run.

Edited by AlexxxB, 18 November 2014 - 10:57 PM.

#48 AlexxxB

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:02 PM

By the way last doc I saw had zero tricks up his sleeve after I mentioned that I dislike SSRIs and he has a reputation of being one of the best o the island.

Edited by AlexxxB, 18 November 2014 - 11:05 PM.

#49 AlexxxB

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:13 PM

Damn , I wrote like a half page answer to you and it got erased somehow quoting your response was stuck with my answer now its just erased.

#50 AlexxxB

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:16 PM

I said last time he had me try NORITREN , it made me feel like a piece of dough so I stopped taking that soon too. Actually I was surprised there was some report of that stuff here on Longecity.

#51 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:38 PM

Damn , I wrote like a half page answer to you and it got erased somehow quoting your response was stuck with my answer now its just erased.

Don't worry I read it. Perhaps the mods could possibly retrieve it from the edit history?

Either way, I was glad to see that that guy is understanding. As you were saying, perhaps he just was to exhausts treatment options so he has a rationale to prescribe pemoline. It sounds like he will, it is just a matter of trying everything. Regarding prolactin, Amoxapine will not substantially elevate prolactin for a levels for a prolonged period just by taking it several times I would not worry about getting a dopamine agonist as you were saying.

Shame you cannot get the mehtlyphenidate (Ritalin) either. If memory serves me correctly, I believe it can also be prescribed for narcolepsy but it requires many tests and may be limited to Japanese citizens only (No, I've never been to Japan. I recall it mentioned on a thread on some ADD/ADHD forum about pemoline a long time ago).

#52 AlexxxB

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:07 AM

Don't worry I read it. Perhaps the mods could possibly retrieve it from the edit history?

Either way, I was glad to see that that guy is understanding. As you were saying, perhaps he just was to exhausts treatment options so he has a rationale to prescribe pemoline. It sounds like he will, it is just a matter of trying everything. Regarding prolactin, Amoxapine will not substantially elevate prolactin for a levels for a prolonged period just by taking it several times I would not worry about getting a dopamine agonist as you were saying.

Shame you cannot get the mehtlyphenidate (Ritalin) either. If memory serves me correctly, I believe it can also be prescribed for narcolepsy but it requires many tests and may be limited to Japanese citizens only (No, I've never been to Japan. I recall it mentioned on a thread on some ADD/ADHD forum about pemoline a long time ago).

Wow that was mega quick man. I really appreciate having your advice and this forum in general. I am on Amoxapine at the moment and it seems to be doing nothing much at all. I am not having any crazy sides either , I worry that he might try and bump up the dose if I say that , I know this wont do much so I will have to use some excuse which is partly true , I feel some stomach upset like I am bloated. About to take the third dose later this afternoon.

Yes I dont get it with Ritalin they only prescribe it to kids according to my doctor. Its so ridiculous , what harm can Ritalin do to a person ? No more than taking large doses of acetaminophen daily. The only real reason I see is that it gives the patient an advantage over others and that makes it all taboo , I wish I lived in the US sometimes.  

How come the reply gets mixed in with the quote every time? 

#53 AlexxxB

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:11 PM

OK , I was prescribed Pemoline finally at low dose (I guess too low) 10mg and the doc said they can go up but not much.

Anyone remember what dosages were prescribed originally?

Also not too keen on developing liver issues etc.

So far I felt it was similar to a low dose of Ritalin.
  • like x 1

#54 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 November 2014 - 02:36 AM

OK , I was prescribed Pemoline finally at low dose (I guess too low) 10mg and the doc said they can go up but not much.

Anyone remember what dosages were prescribed originally?

How Do I Take Cylert®?
Cylert® (pemoline) is supplied as tablets of 18.75 mg, 37.5 mg or 75 mg for oral administration, typically as a single dose each morning. The drug is also available as chewable tablets containing 37.5 mg pemoline.

The recommended starting dose is 37.5 mg daily. Then, under physician assessment, the dose is gradually titrated up, increased by 18.75 mg increments at one week intervals until the dose is deemed sufficient. The daily dose for most patients ranges from 56.25 to 75 mg and is not recommended above 112.5 mg.

→ source (external link)

Yes, it seems to be a low dose. Nonetheless, great news on finally obtaining a prescription for it.

Also not too keen on developing liver issues etc.

I must reiterate, I would not worry about the liver issues.The issues related to liver toxicity were exaggerated by a class action lawsuit; most cases of liver damage involved children not adults. I'm also willing to bet dollars for donuts that the adults who did develop hepatotoxicity had an alcohol habbit.

There have only been only 21 reported cases of liver failure from pemoline since 1975. There are more cases of hepatotoxicity caused by paracetamol (Tylenol) every single year.

Even paracetamol can wreak havoc to a child's liver and cause liver failure.

If you are concerned that you may be predisposed to liver problems, you could always get a liver function test (LFT) after being on it for a while, which if you do indeed show abnormalities, you'll be able to discontinue long before liver problems arise.

#55 AlexxxB

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 04:39 AM

I will be getting liver tests done end of the week.

I think he said that 30mg is their maximum dose but I might push for more.I bet being on all the high caffeine and Tram/Lyrica has something to do with me hardly feeling anything on 20mg today.

I also took some DLPA to try and see if it would do anything but not much difference , maybe just irritation.

What could I take to aid the efficacy of Pemoline? Because I may be stuck on 30mg daily.

FW900 thanks for your help and all the rest!!!

Edited by AlexxxB, 27 November 2014 - 04:40 AM.

• like x 1

#56 AlexxxB

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:10 PM

Up to 30 mg on Pemoline and it feels very weak I hardly feel anything  in fact I feel even Modafinil did more on certain days , I don't know if its because of my high pain meds dosage which I have reduced. Overall disappointing as I expected it to be at least as strong as Ritalin felt at 20mg. Tonight have a massive headache kind of like what I got whilst on high dose of Piracetam or Modafinil. Also no feeling of being more awake.

I feel I should I try and get Modafinil at a low dosage and try combine but feel a little worried as there is hardly any info available on Pemoline online.

Today I noticed after I take the 30mg dosage I felt sleepy same as the sleepiness I got when I was put on Amoxapine.

I wonder if its too low of a dosage or just not suitable for me in general.

#57 AlexxxB

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:47 AM

Pamoline is a very weird drug , I was defintely wrong for saying its weak! In my case I later found that even 30mg was quite powerful in a way but very overwhelming and it really messed with my mood in a negative way. I found out the cognitive effects are much felt only when trying to study or read something , apart from that I didn't feel any effects on motivation but more like a nervous feeling almost like an amphetamine comedown minus the sexual urge that I remember after an amp session.
Also in my case almost personality altering where I started to behave in a cold way towards my wife , like every answer in a conversation would turn into a cold ''yes'' or ''no''.
I would give this drug another trial if I was single maybe where I could afford to feel on edge perhaps...

The hunt goes on , I am back on low dose Tramadol, Lyrica caffeine plus trying Modafinil again also added that B9 from THT

#58 AlexxxB

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:51 PM

Recently have had good experience with this combo;

My usual pain meds in the morning;

just over 100 mg - Tramadol(with acetaminophen unfortunately)

Lyrica-450mg

Can & 1/2 Monster 

Modafinil-150

Sulbutiamine-400mg

Noopept-30mg

Vinpocetine -10mg

9-MBC 

L-Tyrosine on certain days

L-Theanine made me feel like shit so its out.

#59 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:17 PM

Pramipexole ? Are you sure? I couldn't get up and out of bed when I took it , I still have most of it left over... I don't recommend this stuff if you have sleep apnea , cabergoline any day ! I don't know how it would stack up next to deprenyl though. 

Good that You abadoned that stuff

See post #15 and #16

Dopamine Agonists As Nootropics / Antidepressants?

http://www.longecity...ts/#entry680638

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 RoyBatty

• 9 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:07 AM

i once read somewhere ritalin is actually an sleep apnea treatment, so if you do not respond to modafinil, or whatsoever, you could tell your doc it, that way. I am sure if you tell you cant afford modafinil, he will understand. Btw do not self diagnose NEVER. You might be an adhd suffer, but, many other diseases can cause the same sympthoms, such as your apnea. And trust me stimulants are not a long term good choice, you can fuck up your brain in less than 6 months if you are not carefull with your doses. Do not seek stimulant medication unless a medical doctor prescribe it to you despite the damage potential. There is a reason for this substances to be under controll. In chimps dosages of 20mg of amphetamines, begun to show neurotoxicity. Stimulants like ritalin or amphetamine make people more likely to develop parkinson's disease. You can also think about cholinergic stimulants such as nicotine, but always, talk theese decissions to your doctor. You may also want to seek for further ADHD testing. Have a nice day :)

Also, pemoline is quite dangerous to the liver. i would be carefull.

PD: sorry for my english

• Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: add, sleep apnea, lethargic, piracetam, selegiline, l-deprenyl, caffeine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users