Photo

LKM512 with argine causes notably greater longevity

lkm512 spermidine longevity

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 treonsverdery

• 1,312 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:51 PM

LKM512 bacteria is published at doubling mouse longevity.  Now there is a new corraborative study  http://www.nature.co...ep04548_F5.html

Attached File  LKM512 with arginine causes greater mammalian longevity.jpg   101.02KB   1 downloads

• like x 1

#2 Tom Andre F. (ex shinobi)

• 423 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:48 PM

Sorry to bump this topic long time after the war. But is there any source to buy this product ?

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:25 PM

Don't buy if you have herpes

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 treonsverdery

• Topic Starter
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:20 PM

LKM512 probotic or yogurt, which produces spermidine at the GI tract can be ordered from overseas amazon.com japan https://www.google.c...=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Edited by treonsverdery, 28 June 2016 - 11:21 PM.

• Informative x 1

#5 Tom Andre F. (ex shinobi)

• 423 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:23 PM

LKM512 probotic or yogurt, which produces spermidine at the GI tract can be ordered from overseas amazon.com japan https://www.google.c...=utf-8&oe=utf-8

hey ! thank you ! but where do you see pure probiotic as pills please ? I ask because I dont want any dairy

#6 treonsverdery

• Topic Starter
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 11:30 PM

The URL to the probiotic is https://www.amazon.c...入/dp/B010P5WKXO you could use a translator like possibly bing to translate the page.  very near $44

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 YOLF

Posted 23 July 2016 - 09:25 PM

Don't buy if you have herpes

Additional administrations of the chickenpox vaccine will virtually cure herpes according to that French study. It's also thought to delay/slow/prevent dementia.

#8 YOLF

Posted 23 July 2016 - 09:32 PM

Dr. Stephan Langer's Ultimate 16 strain probiotic has bif. lactis which is apparently what LKM512 is. Commercially available yogurt has it and similar effects. I always find taking 3 doses after ABX to be very curative, might even reduce or eliminate lactose intolerance ime.

#9 Tom Andre F. (ex shinobi)

• 423 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:02 AM

Dr. Stephan Langer's Ultimate 16 strain probiotic has bif. lactis which is apparently what LKM512 is. Commercially available yogurt has it and similar effects. I always find taking 3 doses after ABX to be very curative, might even reduce or eliminate lactose intolerance ime.

Im not an expert but the real LKM512 seems kind of proprietary strain and is: Bifidobacterium animalis ssp. lactis

There is lot of subspecies and different strain, but maybe it shares similar effect ? Furthermore, are the bacteria alive ? Studies show they die above 5°C but some use some process in order to keep them with benefit even at room temperature. Its not really clear actually

• Needs references x 1
  • like x 1

#10 YOLF

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:53 PM

180 Billion CFUs, so they are live. They must die under 5 C, so anything greater should be fine. just otder your stock outside of winter? But they do add other things that apparently help them survive too...

• Ill informed x 2

#11 Tom Andre F. (ex shinobi)

• 423 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 11:17 PM

Hi YOLF,

actually its just the opposite the bacteria dies above 5°C

but there is protocol such as freeze drying that seems to keep their benefit... even if dead.. In the swanson brand, some comment seems to claim they tested to check if they were dead or not and it seems they were dead

#12 treonsverdery

• Topic Starter
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:17 PM

well, lkm512 is published as producing the polyamine spermidine

if you culture the bacteria at milk, or eat the yogurt, if it smells like spermidine then it is likely a live culture

#13 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:56 PM

Most probiotics never get alive in the guts anyway because quite a few factors, stomach acids being one of them.

Even if they do get there alive survival will be quite short in time since it is not possible to colonize with new bacteria an existing microbioma after the first few weeks of life.

it is believed that the intestine microbioma still benefits form dead probiotics because of their intact DNA which can be used beneficially by other bacteria, don't ask me for references... it comes from books readings done some time ago and I don't feel like reading all those again just to be able to provide the title. :)  

• Needs references x 1

#14 YOLF

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:09 AM

Hi YOLF,

actually its just the opposite the bacteria dies above 5°C

but there is protocol such as freeze drying that seems to keep their benefit... even if dead.. In the swanson brand, some comment seems to claim they tested to check if they were dead or not and it seems they were dead

Well our bodies are 30ish C? So it sounds like the dead bacteria would do the trick if at all in this case. Sounds like something we'd need a GMo version of.

• Ill informed x 1

#15 treonsverdery

• Topic Starter
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 07:00 PM

the lkm512 yogurt url at amazon is https://www.amazon.c...入/dp/B010P5WKXO

#16 treonsverdery

• Topic Starter
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 07:05 PM

here is another source yahoo japan http://search.shoppi...ト&sc_e=afvc_shp

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lkm512, spermidine, longevity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users