Helping a very good friend of mine that suffers from Meniere's

menieres tinnitus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

I'm sharing this on behalf of my good friend, Paul Jansen. He's currently looking at various treatments for Meniere's disease (he also has tinnitus with it), and came across a treatment for which he is still trying to raise funds for. You can read about the campaign in the link below, and also see pictures from previous surgeries he's had.

Paul has been an amazing friend to me over the years. He's guided me through the hardest times in my life in 2011 - 2012. As a favour to him, I'm sharing his story, and want to help him in any way that I can to raise funds for this experimental treatment that he'd like to try. Please help, even if it's only a tiny amount.

http://www.youcaring...eniere-s/167175

Thank you guys!

I hope it's okay to post this here.

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:53 PM

It looks like he wants to try the Stephen Springer Protocol, but I haven't been able to figure out what that is or how effective it's likely to be.  This was interesting, suggesting that the problem is ischemia reperfusion (IR) damage to the inner ear. If there's anything to that, he might want to try c60-olive oil. It's cheap and low risk; might help, unlikely to hurt.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 YOLF

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:34 AM

If it's really viral, I would suggest organizing a group research buy on some of the panacea project's antivirals. They are about as broad spectrum as it gets. I don't think there is any human in vivo data, but it's well tolerated in human tissue samples. If the virus is only resident to the ear, it may be as simple as making some ear drops or swabbing it in the ear as part of a cream.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 username

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:49 AM

Vitamin B12 deficiency can be a cause (probably not, but it's worth a shot).

Black seed (usual dose 2-3g or lower amounts of oil) is a natural antiviral agent:

Nigella sativa has shown antiviral properties in vitro at 35µM (against infectious laryngotrachietis virus)[99] and in mice (cytomegalovirus virus),[100] leading to its testing in humans with viral diseases.

In patients with hepatitis C who were not on IFN-α therapy, 450mg of the seed oil of nigella sativa thrice daily over the course of three months was associated with a significant reduction in HCV RNA levels (to 38.6% of baseline) as well as a restoration of many serum parameters (red and white blood cell count, platelets, albumin, etc.).[101] Interestingly, lower leg edema and ascites were both significantly reduced.[101]

Nigella sativa appears to be able to reduce viral load in persons with hepatitis C

http://examine.com/s...Nigella sativa/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: menieres, tinnitus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users