Uridine and DHA w/o Choline Supp?

uridine dha choline

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LexLux

• 265 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:07 PM

Hi, I was looking at the Mr Happy Stack and want to try it out. What I am not sure of is whether it's absolutely necessay to supplement choline with it. So I know TMAO is a controversial topic but I wanted to avoid taking extra choline anyways. I know a little extra choline may not give you a heart attack immediately, but I'm just not keen on any extra low grade inflammation.

Edited by LexLux, 28 April 2014 - 07:09 PM.

#2 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:37 PM

It's not strictly requried to take a choline supplement with Happy's stack in order to get the desired effects based on how it is understood to work. Many people get enough Choline in their diets to support this synthesis, but the idea behind the stack is to INCREASE the synthesis of cell membranes, in specific Phosphatidylcholine membranes in ones neurons. So increased choline intake is highly recommended.

You could eat a few extra eggs a day, as a choline source, or a scoop of lecithin, or some other dietary source. Alternatively, higher intake of inositol would also increase choline uptake from normal dietary sources, and thus would also be a possible replacement for direct choline supplementation with aGPC or citicoline.
  • like x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 LexLux

• Topic Starter
  • 265 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:08 PM

I may go with inositol, thanks for the help!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: uridine, dha, choline

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users