- - - - -

Cell Differentiation

differentiation

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ta5

• 952 posts
Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:16 PM

I recall reading that aging results in cells becoming less differentiated. Skin cells, and other organ cells, become less distinct. One example was the lip line becomes blurred. It sounds like we are all slowing becoming one big blob of undifferentiated cells. 

Is that more or less true?

Is there anything that will slow down that process?

Thanks.

#2 Bonee

• 147 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:28 PM

I don't know where did you read this but this is mostly not true.... cell differentiation relies on methylation patterns mostly and I think while genetic damage accumulates and methylation patterns change as we age

fundamentally every cell in a hundred year old liver are still the cell types which were in the liver when the person was born... of course the body relies heavily on the immune system to remove the cells which become "undifferentiated" which in this context means cancer cells mostly IMO.... there are still stem cells in an adult...

that lip line sounds interesting tho, but sounds like it's from some tabloid...

the problems of aging are fundamentally listed at the SENS page... these undifferentiated cells fits mostly into the cancerous and death resistant cells

http://sens.org/rese...o-sens-research

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users