Podcast with musician Infy, aka "Infernity"

music life extension infernity infy

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:25 PM

In this interview, I discuss music, life extension, and popular culture with long time LongeCity (and Imminst) member/participant Infernity.

File Name: LongeCityPodcast_Infernity2014_A01.mp3

File Submitter: Mind

File Submitted: 07 May 2014

File Category: Podcasts

Guest: Infernity

An interview with musician and singer Infernity, also know as Infy. Life extension themes in music and popular culture are discussed.

Click here to download this file

Attached Files

Edited by caliban, 16 May 2014 - 06:30 PM.

• like x 3

#2 Mind

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:30 PM

Listen Now

Also listen to some of her music here: https://www.youtube....r/LadyInfernity

Her official website: http://www.infyofficial.com/

It is her opinion that life extension is not more represented in popular music and art because it is still a touchy/risky subject.

• like x 4

#3 jdgauchat

• 211 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:03 PM

I just listened to this. Amazing interview.

• dislike x 1

#4 YOLF

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:55 PM

Did you see the music video?

#5 jdgauchat

• 211 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:44 AM

yeah, pretty cool

#6 YOLF

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:47 AM

I'll be adding articles that relate to RLE musicians to my blog and have a bunch scheduled to go live soon. You should follow my blog if you'd like to hear more. We may be having a music event in north NJ. Would you be able to make it?

Edited by cryonicsculture, 20 June 2014 - 01:49 AM.

#7 jdgauchat

• 211 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:23 AM

Cool. I can't make it to NJ, but I'll be following your blog.

#8 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:52 AM

Nice! 

#9 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:03 AM

Interview? 

Is she suppose to be someone notable? Someone famous? Someone making break through's in medicine and anti-aging technology?

Last I recall she is just another peon member like the rest of us. 

• Unfriendly x 2
  • dislike x 1

#10 YOLF

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:46 AM

We don't have peons, just registered users, members, and leadership. Infy was a former member of leadership as a teenager and she's got alot going for her. She's notable for her volunteer contributions alone and her breakthrough is musical, prior to her, we didn't have a song of this quality that was in direct support of our cause. We hope she'll inspire future scientists to join our cause for achieving indefinite lifespans.

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#11 jdgauchat

• 211 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:21 AM

Interview? 

Is she suppose to be someone notable? Someone famous? Someone making break through's in medicine and anti-aging technology?

Last I recall she is just another peon member like the rest of us. 

well, she's way more valuable than you. From your comment that's something we can all be sure about :-)

• dislike x 2

#12 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 04:57 AM

Why would I want to hear this vapid woman waffle on? Surely there's a 100 people you can do before her that are more relevant.

• dislike x 2
  • like x 1

#13 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:16 AM

We don't have peons, just registered users, members, and leadership. Infy was a former member of leadership as a teenager and she's got alot going for her. She's notable for her volunteer contributions alone and her breakthrough is musical, prior to her, we didn't have a song of this quality that was in direct support of our cause. We hope she'll inspire future scientists to join our cause for achieving indefinite lifespans.

Yea pardon me, I have never heard her song. Where is it? Let's hear it. 

• dislike x 1

#14 YOLF

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:53 AM

Why would I want to hear this vapid woman waffle on? Surely there's a 100 people you can do before her that are more relevant.

How is she not very relevant to LC? She sang that song for our documentary and it was inspired by our community.

Yea pardon me, I have never heard her song. Where is it? Let's hear it. 

• like x 2

#15 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:12 PM

Hey that's a beautiful song. I had no idea. 

But don't private message me with threats of a ban because I questioned the 'interview' of another member and then call it abusive language. I don't play that shit. Thanks. 

#16 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:19 PM

I mean she makes music (so do I). But she is far from a celebrity. Are you aware of how many people out there have youtube videos with a million views, but who aren't necessarily famous? I have a video on youtube with over a 100k views, about Aliens. Wanna interview me? 

Is this me putting the woman down? Fuck no! She is beautiful and so is her song, but that doesn't mean she is elevated above anyone else here who contribute to this cause in many other ways. 

You know what would be really good? Instead of elevating people above other people by spot lighting them, we should conduct group discussions in person and film them and then upload them to youtube! Discussions covering every aspect of the immortality movement. 

Either way don't tell me I am putting someone down by saying they aren't any better than anyone else here. Because lo and behold this is a fact!

Edited by TheFountain, 22 June 2014 - 12:21 PM.

#17 capatt

• 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:38 PM

I think there may be cognitive benefits to be had from looking at beautiful women.  Further research may be required.

#18 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:39 AM

As far as I am concerned Infernity makes for a welcome interview guest not because of her fame, looks, nor indeed her music, but because she has been a prolific community member since she joined LongeCity as a teenager and its nice to hear how she is getting on as an adult. 

#19 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:56 AM

As far as I am concerned Infernity makes for a welcome interview guest not because of her fame, looks, nor indeed her music, but because she has been a prolific community member since she joined LongeCity as a teenager and its nice to hear how she is getting on as an adult. 

Indeed. I haven't been around for some time but I see people are much the same, which is good and bad news depending on who you are. I'm not an instant fan of longevity music but I am delighted to see that Infernity is actually making palpable contributions to what this board was originally set out to achieve, something she has done for many years.

If people think they can do better, then do better - that's the idea.

• like x 1

#20 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:31 AM

So when's the next group conference? I wanna meet you mother fuckers and have some crazy ass conversations. 

#21 YOLF

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:41 AM

We don't have a conference that I know of, but I'm open to getting one going. It could be pretty fun.

• Cheerful x 1
  • Agree x 1

#22 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:16 PM

We don't have a conference that I know of, but I'm open to getting one going. It could be pretty fun.

Then let's do it. 

#23 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:51 AM

I joined as a young teenager. Want to hear how I'm doing in an interview?  ;)

I'm just joking but my point is why does it matter what age or how long ago you joined? She made a high quality music video with a theme of life extension that is a positive thing for our community because there has been no high quality music about life extension before. That's it.

Edited by The Immortalist, 09 July 2014 - 05:59 AM.

• Ill informed x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#24 YOLF

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:31 AM

Actually, TheFountain and I were discussing the possibility of recording a google hangout with couch interviews of some of our members, esp. those who have lots of posts etc. Perhaps you'd be interested?

#25 pone11

• 654 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:22 AM

Infy was a former member of leadership as a teenager and she's got alot going for her. She's notable for her volunteer contributions alone and her breakthrough is musical, prior to her, we didn't have a song of this quality that was in direct support of our cause. We hope she'll inspire future scientists to join our cause for achieving indefinite lifespans.

Can you point us to her content here on Longecity?

#26 Sanhar

• 171 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:28 AM

Hm, I hadn't seen that video for vanishing before, very good work.  YOLF, want to invite her to a hangout?  I'd love to talk to her, I have an interest in her kind of music too (I want to do a symphonic metal EP at some point, I loooove Dragonforce, Nightwish and also related music such as by Amy Lee/Evanescence).  In fact I think our vocal styles might even work out well if she's interested in some cooperative vocals.

#27 YOLF

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:05 PM

Sure

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: music, life extension, infernity, infy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users