• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

what supplements have you wasted money on?

bulk powder wasted

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#121 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:28 AM

MachineGhostX, I went to the organic market and found some kefir for sale in packets. It's about $5 I think and it serves 24. Is this what you're talking about? I believe they are grains of kefir in the packet. I didn't find any hi-maize but found some potato starch. I believe these are all for baking. Not sure how they taste like when used to mix with smoothies or ice creams. I guess I'll be buying hi-maize online then. Would markets like whole foods or trader joes sell hi-maize? I don't think it's popular enough.

Regarding, resistant starch, I've read the link you IM'ed me and there's mention of eating green bananas (right before they ripened) as source of resistant starch. I have been eating plantain chips that are unsweetened since they are made from green plantains, so would this happen to have some resistant starch or not since it has been cooked and processed in oils?

Edited by eon, 29 August 2014 - 09:36 AM.

#122 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:46 AM

eon what are you trying to accomplish. most of the guys here advertise various supplements. are you old and sick? otherwise why bother

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#123 Fenix_

• 183 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:18 AM

5-HTP only gave me chest pains. This one really bothers me because I blindly took it for awhile hoping that it was helping. I guess it was enough time for the negative effects to build up, a risk I was not aware of at the time.

L-Tyrosine felt like it was causing vasoconstriction and made me agitated

Beta-alanine, because it blocks taurine from entering the cell. I never felt a difference when I was on it.

PEA/Hordenine - another one to fund the cardiology dept.

#124 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:09 PM

5-HTP only gave me chest pains. This one really bothers me because I blindly took it for awhile hoping that it was helping. I guess it was enough time for the negative effects to build up, a risk I was not aware of at the time.

Beta-alanine, because it blocks taurine from entering the cell. I never felt a difference when I was on it.

Serotonin is such a shitty compensation hormone in my book, the vast amount of it's effects are very negative on the entire neuroendocrine system. In regards to supplements, Agmatine is the biggest piece of garbage I ever wasted money on.

• like x 1

#125 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:47 AM

5-htp is said to be bad for the heart if you have heart defect to begin with as I do. I used it blindly over 5 years ago for a few years (2-3) and just recently read up on its effect on a defective heart.

#126 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:19 AM

/

Serotonin is such a shitty compensation hormone in my book, the vast amount of it's effects are very negative on the entire neuroendocrine system. In regards to supplements, Agmatine is the biggest piece of garbage I ever wasted money on.

agmatine has one of the sweetest most enticing wiki pages. after i went through the page, i got so damn excited, i got me good amount of it only to get really confused as to wtf does it really do. it had so much potential from wiki and to add also ncbi that i just coudnt let it go for a while. kept going at the doses and trying it and i just finally decided fuck this! its a prime example of shitty deceitful edits done on wiki and also obstructive nature of the actual positive studies you can read on ncbi about

Edited by normalizing, 31 August 2014 - 10:22 AM.

• like x 1

#127 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

/

agmatine has one of the sweetest most enticing wiki pages. after i went through the page, i got so damn excited, i got me good amount of it only to get really confused as to wtf does it really do. it had so much potential from wiki and to add also ncbi that i just coudnt let it go for a while. kept going at the doses and trying it and i just finally decided fuck this! its a prime example of shitty deceitful edits done on wiki and also obstructive nature of the actual positive studies you can read on ncbi about

Exactly, and who in the right mind would market it (especially alone) for a pump,pre-workout or for building mass - this is false labeling. Some companies have said that agmatine boosts vasodilation...but did anybody bother to look at how it actually does this?

Agmatine is A SYMPTAHOLITIC - it depresses the nervous system in a manner similar to Clonidine; has imidazoline agonist properties, and it also blocks NMDA-receptor channels.

I think knowing with just that MOA - one could say high amounts can put someone's blood pressure too far down, luckily, the half life of this so called  "amino byproduct" is short enough to where it won't matter.

On the other hand, I can see moderate - high - doses of agmatine, causing high blood pressure. It actually directly inhibits nitric oxide synthase.......and this is a pump product????  It's NONSENSE.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/20035742

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/7906055

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/11125020

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/9918557

Edited by Area-1255, 31 August 2014 - 03:06 PM.

#128 Fenix_

• 183 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:00 PM

I thought agmatine was being used in sports for its effects on stress and anxiety? And yeah, I thought pump products were supposed to boost nitric oxide levels. Maybe agmatine is being used to counter all the stimulants they typically bundle in those products. I have added agmatine to my regimen recently though and would place its effects with magnesium as "barely noticeable".

Edited by Fenix_, 31 August 2014 - 11:01 PM.

#129 Sanguine_Rogue

• 392 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:12 AM

DMAA

Not saying it wasn't what it is cracked to be, but just that I didn't really take too well to it. Dragged all of my anxiety issues even closer to the surface of my appearance, which is something I do not want.

#130 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:43 AM

I was informed that niacinamide is good for inducing sleep. I've been trying it but for whatever reason my brain kept being awake. I took it along with other B vitamins like methyl folate and P5P (B6). Was it a bad idea to take those 3 together and should I just stick with niacinamide by itself prior to sleep? I took 500mg of it. Maybe I should take more?

Edited by eon, 01 September 2014 - 06:54 AM.

#131 krillin

• 1,516 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:20 PM

I was informed that niacinamide is good for inducing sleep. I've been trying it but for whatever reason my brain kept being awake. I took it along with other B vitamins like methyl folate and P5P (B6). Was it a bad idea to take those 3 together and should I just stick with niacinamide by itself prior to sleep? I took 500mg of it. Maybe I should take more?

Niacinamide prevents cAMP from being broken down, and it appears that this effect is overpowering the GABA effect in you.

#132 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:45 AM

Not sure what you're saying but is it a good thing what you're saying?

Niacinamide prevents cAMP from being broken down, and it appears that this effect is overpowering the GABA effect in you.

#133 krillin

• 1,516 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:57 PM

Not sure what you're saying but is it a good thing what you're saying?

cAMP is what's keeping you awake. It's a second messenger for most of the adrenergic receptors.

Edited by krillin, 07 September 2014 - 06:58 PM.

#134 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:51 AM

so you're saying is to take niacinamide with inositol and GABA as I mentioned before?

#135 Dmonix

• 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:42 PM

wasted my money on a lot of supplements hahahaha

www.relatandosuplementos.blogspot.com

after using and reading the nutrition facts i realize that a lot of them are subdosed :/ sad

Edited by Dmonix, 08 September 2014 - 07:42 PM.

#136 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:44 AM

Subdosed? try using grams and grams of vitamin C powders and let me know if that doesn't make you go to the bathroom. 

#137 krillin

• 1,516 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:19 AM

so you're saying is to take niacinamide with inositol and GABA as I mentioned before?

No, I'm saying that if you want to sleep drop the niacinamide.

#138 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 September 2014 - 04:44 AM

Great now I'm confused. I read niacinamide helps with sleep so does its flushing version (niacin).

#139 redFishBlueFish

• 186 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:28 AM

Subdosed? try using grams and grams of vitamin C powders and let me know if that doesn't make you go to the bathroom. 

I agree with what he is saying. My magnesium pills say I'll get 300mg on the front, but it isn't 300mg a pill, it's 300 mg in three pills. 

#140 lockthedoor

• 4 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:53 AM

I have wasted on many......few which I can count over my fingers are Arginine, D-Aspartic Acid, D-pol, Blue Up. These all suck!!! Lame products with zero outcomes!  :dry:

#141 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:17 PM

That will usually be stated on the bottle.

I agree with what he is saying. My magnesium pills say I'll get 300mg on the front, but it isn't 300mg a pill, it's 300 mg in three pills. 

#142 Dmonix

• 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:32 PM

tried xpel, that is a really crazy diuretic.

#143 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:26 AM

are you saying you wish you didn't have serotonin?

#144 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:26 PM

Great now I'm confused. I read niacinamide helps with sleep so does its flushing version (niacin).

Niacinamide and Niacin are both called 'niacin' but they are not the chemically the same, nor do they have the same impact in your body. There is a ton of information in these forums about that with a little searching.

I personally would never take Niacinamide for any reason.

#145 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:06 PM

are you saying you wish you didn't have serotonin?

I'm saying it's benefits are overrated. 

#146 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:38 PM

Why is GTF Chromium a good buy? Can you remind me why I was taking it? I forgot. 

Memory / recall.

I see what you did there. 

• like x 1

#147 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:41 PM

:-)

What the fuck is Shelly Duval doing there? 

#148 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:36 PM

veeteemins

#149 boff

• 40 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:08 AM

Why is GTF Chromium a good buy? Can you remind me why I was taking it? I forgot. 

Memory / recall.

I see what you did there. 

As do I.  :-D

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#150 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:38 PM

:-)

What the fuck is Shelly Duval doing there? 

Nope I believe she played Jack's wife in the movie 'The Shining" :laugh:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bulk powder, wasted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users