• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Does anyone have experience with reishi from myconutri?

reishi

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 newguy5

• 48 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:57 PM

Does anyone know if it's a good reishi to buy and if it works as advertised?

http://www.myconutri.com/reishi/

Edited by newguy5, 15 May 2014 - 02:35 PM.

#2 MiddleAged49

• 34 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:16 PM

Yes!

This is the one I use. I believe it's produced in the UK, with the Reishi being grown in China. It's dual extracted, so contains both polysaccharides and triterpenes. I also use their Chaga product. These two, together with something called 'Tinofend', an extract of the plant 'Guduchi' produced by Life Extension, have eliminated my allergies. As Reishi is known to help with allergies, I assume it has played a large part in stopping my allergic reactions, so I will be continuing to take them going forward.

Also, ordered off the web, I think you can get three tubs for a total price of 45 Euro, much more economical than ordering from the US.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 newguy5

• Topic Starter
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:58 PM

How do you know that this is the real deal and the good kind of reishi?

#4 MiddleAged49

• 34 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:00 PM

Well, honestly I'm not in a position to certify it as the the real deal - all manufactures make claims about their products, I've gone with Myconutri as I don't have to order it from abroad (i.e. from outside the UK) and pay import taxes/VAT, it's cheaper and quickly delivered, and I believe the product was formulated by Chinese Herbalist Martin Powell, who sounds like an all-round good chap and has written a book on medicinal mushrooms. I do have complete confidence in the product though.

Other manufacturers I've used for Reishi include LEF, who produce quite a potent product, and Mushroom Science. All these manufacturers use or include log-grown Reishi, and dual-extract their products to get both polysaccharides and triterpenes. All these brands are good and were effective for my allergies. I'm not expert enough to spot any quality differences between them, but at the moment I continue to be allergy-free, so will carry on with Myconutri for cost and convenience reasons (and I believe it's just as effective as the other brands). As for other health benefits, I've read that there are many, but they are not as easy to quantify as the allergies reduction.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#5 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:55 AM

Have you used Reishi? Please take just a moment to respond to this survey

Did you find Reishi Anti-Androgenic?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reishi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users