* * * - - 2 votes

Cacao = Worth It (Anti-Depressant, Mood Regulating) CBD, PEA

cbd cannabis cacao

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mrnootropic

• 180 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:54 PM

Hi guys, so ive probably tried 1000's of supplements over this last decade. Its easily done, From Herbs to Nootropics, ive tried most of them, being more realistic between 400- 500+ different herbs and supps, it seems like thousands though. (lol).

I think i have around 60 different supplements in my bedroom cabinet as of now, i take most of them in one day, others every now and then..But i do I have a large stack regardless of taking them daily or not. 

Ive tried Cacao before, in powder form. It tasted terrible and did nothing for me. 

I finally just bought some Cacao Nibs (last week) for the fun of it and was pleasantly surprised on the second day of taking it, i took a small dose on Day 1 btw. (I think the cacao powder was either processed or lost most of its nutrients due to the grinding process.)

On Day 2 I started to feel it, which i have now worked out what to call this feeling, Euphoria , more specifically Mild Euphoria with visual changes, brightening of colours etc.

*Mini Background Biography of me* (Straight to the point)

* I smoked alot of weed and it caused anxiety which led to depression and more weed smoking which made me become paranoid and severely anxious. I quit cold turkey and was left in a depression i couldnt get out of at the time, well its taken  me about 4-5 years to recover from. *

Okay, so due to my past anxiety, this feeling brought on by cacao was very reminiscent of cannabis which triggered me to be anxious but then i noticed and made myself stop worrying by thinking Cacao doesnt have THC in so its impossible for this anxiety to exist. THC was a major trigger for my anxiety btw.

And Cacao containing similar acting Cannabinoids to cannabis, i could feel them act in my brain and body.

This feeling i experienced felt exactly like Cannabis.

So to explain, Cacao felt like, when i first started smoking weed without the added effects from THC, it felt exactly like the comedown from a weed session, lets say 2 hours after youve smoked 2 grams of cannabis. It feels like a wave of relief and calmness that i used to experience after all of the Slow Mo effects and Giggles had worn of from weed.

Cacao also gives me a similar headache, the exact same headache which i experienced due to smoking too much weed. Like a brain freeze but nowhere near as intense. Just an unusual headache, from over stimulation maybe?

Better Explanations :

Cacao feels like its forcing me to stop been depressed, It has high levels of magnesium, PEA, Theobromine, Caffiene and Way too many other Chemicals, minerals and Anti Oxidants to mention  that could be playing a part in this mood lifting effect.

Ive come to a few conclusions. 

Cannabis must of messed up my Pathways involved in Anandamide synthesis and Messed with my CB Receptors (cannabinoid) in my brain, not to mention THC which has done other damage. Or my Anandamide levels are seriously low, or my brain chemistry is messed up from Cannabis abuse.

Due to Cacao having such a profound effect, i feel as though my Endogenous or natural Anandamide levels are lower than they was when using canabis or lower than when i was  a teenager before i suffered depression and anxiety. And me ingesting Cacao is boosting these levels considerably higher.

Or my deep subconscious is craving Anandamide from cannabis and me ingesting Cacao is having some sort of profound effect on me as a way to get a cannabinoids in my body without using cannabis. (I Say craving because i miss smoking cannabis alot and i do want that feeling back but, its impossible for me to smoke because all i experience is Anxiety and Paranoia and horrible effects.)

it could also simply be my CB Receptors are been stimulated like they was with cannabis use and my brain thinks it cannabis and is giving me similar effects from smoking weed.

Even though i eat healthy, the Magnesium and other minerals could be playing a part and correcting deficiencies , not to mention the PEA and Theobromine.

Anandamide, AM404, aswell as FAAH (inhibtors) are known to be anti-depressant and anti-anxiety. So cacao could be involved in with FAAH.

Like i said it could also be PEA, infact it could just be PEA and nothing else or it could be PEA and everything else combined which is contained with the Cacao Bean / Nibs.

I have a  feeling my tolerance is going to build up quick and im going to have to be moderate because abuse of any substance is just going to turn on you in the end, like my cannabis use, it was good at first and then just switched on me.

To confirm whats going on im going to buy some PEA and test to see if this amplifies the effects and also take it by itself and see what happens. 

im also going to be buying some arachidonic acid and take paracetamols, peanuts and lecithin. To see if i can amplify the effects of Anandamide or AM404. And use Maca (black maca) as an FAAH inhibitor and see what effects i get, then i will know more on whats going on when i take cacao.

In short  Cacao = Worth It....... (So far)..  Its very Anti-Depressive and is giving me waves of euphoria. 

Im currently under the influence of cacao, and have been ingesting it all day, so forgive me if my writing isnt up to par. Under the influence of cacao sounds stupid but its having a serious effect on me, and im glad this effect is positive.

Ever since i quit my cannabis use , i barely feel any effects of any herbs or supplements so im very suprised ive felt effects from cacao. I am the complete opposite to cannabis though, i can take 1 hit of a joint and experience crazy paranoia and panic attacks. Which is why i dont touch any other drugs or pharma drugs. Only supplements & medicinal herbs etc.

*I feel like Cannabis has fried my brain and done something to my brain chemistry, i started at the age of 14, i wish i started at 20 when my brain had developed more, i think Cannabis is very medicinal, but at such a young age you are prone & vulnerable to misuse and severe side effects .

It took 5 years to recover from, i never experienced schizophrenia, just very painful anxiety and paranoia. Im lucky in that regard. 

Im going to use cacao as a tool to find out what relationship it has with cannabis regard the effects on the human brain and body and whether it is PEA or the Cannabinoids / Anandamide in the Cacao which is giving me such good effects.

This also could be flawed, i am also taking Sam-E, which could contribute to the Anti Depressant effects, i took Sam-e around 10 hours ago. Im feeling effects of Euphoria & calmness right now after consuming cacao 20 mins ago, so i doubt Sam-e will have an effect 10 hours later.

Edited by Mr.Nootropic, 26 May 2014 - 08:53 PM.

• unsure x 1
  • like x 1

#2 mrnootropic

• Topic Starter
  • 180 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:56 PM

After re-reading my original post, i may refine and re-edit it to be more straight to the point and easier to read. Just give me feedback

Or if my post is fine, then just add to my findings on why you think Cacao can have such an effect and feel like cannabis.

Edited by Mr.Nootropic, 26 May 2014 - 08:57 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:18 PM

Same situation to me.

Started at 15 untill ca 23 with stop an go´s finally untill arround 27.

PEA was overwhelming for me. It was a kind of Amphetamines for animals, really hard central and peripheral flash.

(In fact its a kind of a releaser)

Curouisly the effectiveness decreased over the time, altough I didnt took it with a Mao inhibitor at all.

Unfortunaetly, I´ve read that its neurotoxic and pro-oxidant. Therefore I avoid it.

(regarding of Ncbi/pubmed: generation of Hydrogen, Inhibits respiratory of mitochondria and so on)

I´m a bit curious about the anxiolytic effects of Faah. Afaik The Net result is supposedly the activation of CB receptors, but Cannabis makes me acutally anxious and causes insomnia.

Furthermore I´m a bit confused by the scientific study´s, who claim that Cannabis is an anxiolytic.

Do You know more about it ?

So far I´ve found that the best reversal of Cannabis related concetration impairments is Cerebrolysin

and for the Anxiety seems recently PQQ somewhat to be promising.

But I´m not certain whether PQQ is the real reason for the anxiety relief.

There´s a vendor in the UK who sells CBD as a liquid for e-cigarettes for a relative cheap price.

http://www.longecity...e-5#entry665171

Btw: I`ve read that Paracetamol decreases the activity of the Anterior cingulate cortex transiently.

But its very toxic to the liver i.e. kills it (!) when overdosed, so be carefull.

Edited by Flex, 27 May 2014 - 09:20 PM.

• like x 1

#4 mrnootropic

• Topic Starter
  • 180 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:45 PM

Furthermore I´m a bit confused by the scientific study´s, who claim that Cannabis is an anxiolytic.

Do You know more about it ?

So far I´ve found that the best reversal of Cannabis related concetration impairments is Cerebrolysin

and for the Anxiety seems recently PQQ somewhat to be promising.

But I´m not certain whether PQQ is the real reason for the anxiety relief.

There´s a vendor in the UK who sells CBD as a liquid for e-cigarettes for a relative cheap price.

http://www.longecity...e-5#entry665171

Btw: I`ve read that Paracetamol decreases the activity of the Anterior cingulate cortex transiently.

But its very toxic to the liver i.e. kills it (!) when overdosed, so be carefull.

Hmm, i was about to order some PQQ last week!.. Im also interested in Cerebrolysin too, i may give them a go.

And regarding the the studys, its well known that its the CBD content in Cannabis which contributes to the anti anxiety effects.

Yeah i was in that thread you linked,  a few hours ago. CBD looks promising as a treatment for anxiety, but i dont trust the quality as of yet. i have a feeling that prices will Drop as competition in the CBD / Hemp Market will increase. 

Ive also just Finally experienced my first Anti-Anxiety and High from Kava. Its taken over a year of me buliding up my Kavalactones in my body and Kava is really helping with anxiety.

I take Kava & Cacao together and its giving me some really good effects. Its relieving anxiety & depression, but its also making me feel ''Krunked'' as kava users call it.

Edited by Mr.Nootropic, 27 May 2014 - 09:46 PM.

#5 Dave Candy

• 31 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:49 AM

Kava & Cacao you have a site where best to get these?

As im the same coming off weed! I have extreme depression & anxiety. I feel just like you explained, but maybe 20 years compounded. Far worse after stopping weed, the NOW weed might be to powerful for the brain now causing brain damage, killing to many cells or something else its doing. I think its the way they can make it now compared to the old days 20-30 years ago, just from experience seems it has a mind hook now or blocking passages like you were saying. 

it didn't bother my body or mind once stopping back 20 years ago. whole new story now. I completely was seeing everything you were saying lol.

#6 mrnootropic

• Topic Starter
  • 180 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:00 AM

Kava & Cacao you have a site where best to get these?

As im the same coming off weed! I have extreme depression & anxiety. I feel just like you explained, but maybe 20 years compounded. Far worse after stopping weed, the NOW weed might be to powerful for the brain now causing brain damage, killing to many cells or something else its doing. I think its the way they can make it now compared to the old days 20-30 years ago, just from experience seems it has a mind hook now or blocking passages like you were saying. 

it didn't bother my body or mind once stopping back 20 years ago. whole new story now. I completely was seeing everything you were saying lol.

Hey there, just go to www.kavaforums.com for all the best kava vendors and sellers.

As for cacao nibs, just go on amazon and type cacao nibs and look for the raw nibs with alot of good reviews.

• like x 2

#7 Dave Candy

• 31 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:13 PM

thankyou very much, Cheers

#8 bosharpe

• 239 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:13 PM

I used to eat about 2 tbsp of Cacao Nibs a day until quite recently. I kept stumbling upon Vegan blogs and vlogs about how it's overrated and possibly even detrimental to health. Since then I cut down but haven't stopped.

Anyone else persuaded by those opinions?

#9 zorba990

• 1,601 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:26 PM

I like it (navitas raw cacao powder), but I find it stains my teeth even worse than blueberries. I notice a small energy quality to it, but have mainly taken it for the high polyphenol content.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 Ames

• 361 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:28 PM

Cacao is a stimulant with anti-oxidant and perhaps a smattering of other short term neurotransmitter effects, no more and no less. In my experience, consistent relatively heavy use is vasoactive in a negative way. There isn't any reason to consume it other than on occasion.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cbd, cannabis, cacao

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users