- - - - -

Crazybad dark circles - picture inside

dark circles skin

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Delorean

• 78 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:31 PM

I've pretty much had these as long as I can remember. I'm in my early 30's now and they depress the hell out of me. I'm at the stage where I feel like I have to try something. They do very, very mildly improve when I'm getting better sleep but nothing major. I exercise 4-5 days a week.

http://i.imgur.com/QEGOhzP.jpg

Bear in mind that they usually look more purple than this. This camera often tends to flatter me and slightly even colours out. I'm guessing one of my biggest issues, if not the biggest, is that I have pale, transparent skin. Veins are very clear through my skin all over my body. I was on roaccutane tablets (pretty sure the medical name is isotretinoin) for acne over a few months during my teens and I feel like I saw a worsening after that. Then over the years the circles have just gotten slowly worse. I'm at the point where I feel like I have to try something. I feel they have completely ruined my appearance and I have no confidence. I'm just wondering if I have any possibility of improving these? Even a little. 

• like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#2 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:13 AM

Sorry to hear you are dealing with that.  In Chinese Medicine, that area is associated with the kidneys.  In Chinese Medicine, cold food and drinks are bad for you and your kidneys.  I tell more about that on the thread below.  You would also want to give up sodas, caffeine, and other things.  Live a healthy life.  If your capillaries are involved, then strengthening them would help.  Eating a steamed green vegetable every day would help as would foods containing vitamin K.  Vitamin K supplements might help.  Eating a diet high in vitamin C might help as might taking a good supplement.  I like plain Ester C in capsules with no bioflaviniods or plain Ascorbyl Palmitate capsules by Swansons.  I get both from Swanson's I think.  Putting white or green tea on a cotton ball and applying it to the area might help.  You might was well do you whole face, as it is good for your skin.  Try white tea first.  

Do you think you have anemia?  Do you eat well?  Your coloring can improve if you are well-nourished and get fresh air.  The tea on your skin can help too.  Finding a good Chinese herbal tonic can help.  It's best to have one prescribed by a good practitioner.     

http://www.longecity...inese-medicine/

• dislike x 2
  • like x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Jembe

• 92 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:27 AM

K2 MK-4 and MK-7, c60-oo, gelatin, magnesium etc.

#4 Delorean

• Topic Starter
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:27 AM

Do you think you have anemia?  Do you eat well?  Your coloring can improve if you are well-nourished and get fresh air.  The tea on your skin can help too.  Finding a good Chinese herbal tonic can help.  It's best to have one prescribed by a good practitioner.     

http://www.longecity...inese-medicine/

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm pretty sure i don't have anemia. I would say I eat pretty well. I'm quite well disciplined in that respect. I don't eat much junk. Though I can probably eat more greens generally. I've recently started upping my intake of those. Things like parsley and broccoli.

K2 MK-4 and MK-7, c60-oo, gelatin, magnesium etc.

Thanks very much, I'll be looking all of these up. I appreciate it.

Despite my suspicion that taking roaccutane for a few months orally may have worsened my skin, one of the things I've always considered to be a possibility for me was using retinoids topically but I've obviously been extremely reluctant to make my skin any worse. It seems like thin, transparent skin is an issue for me and I always hear that this can thicken the skin. I'm so tempted to try this stuff. Does anyone have any encouraging or discouraging words about retinoids?

#5 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:10 AM

Retin A will make you more sun sensitive and more likely to burn.   I believe that you can improve your skin naturally.  

You can make it thicker by taking MSM and vitamin C, and other things.  Certain types of Type II collagen work for me as does a certain type of silica. A diet high in fruits and veggies and good proteins and good fats helps.  Do not fast or skip meals.  Eat enough.  Eat snacks if you need them.  I'm linking to a post on supplements for regrowing cartilage.  The particular supplements are brands I'd recommend also to you.  Your doses may be different.  Also eating inner leaf fresh aloe vera gel might help.  Take on an empty stomach and wait twenty minutes to eat.  Avoid the peels and area just under the peels.  You can also apply inner leaf gel to your skin directly.  I like to mix it half and half with water.  My skin and hair are thicker than they were.   My hair is three times as thick and other people's and grows faster.

http://www.longecity...grow-cartilage/

According to Chinese Medicine you'd want to cook the broccoli to get the nourishment out of it.  

Edited by Luminosity, 02 June 2014 - 03:14 AM.

#6 blood

• 926 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:49 AM

I feel they have completely ruined my appearance and I have no confidence...

Hmmm, they're really not as bad as you seem to think they are.

Perhaps the amount of time you're spending worrying about your under eye circles is the real problem?

#7 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:36 PM

I feel ya (even though I don't notice that much on you). Notice some veins under/beside my eye when I look, not that nice. My nose is quite shitty too, might try K2 cream.

http://i.imgur.com/fv7OFH3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/y98mrbM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/socYRo9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JCmS9ix.jpg

Although I guess blood is mostly correct, worrying too much about it.

#8 lemonhead

• 165 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:49 PM

They're not that bad.

What Luminosity and others have said (K2, MSM, Vit C.), plus diosmin and green tea.

Facial muscle exercises (tense up the under eye area without squinting).

#9 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:53 PM

Delorean, do you have any allergies?  That can cause inflammation in the eye/nose/sinus region, and in some people this leads to darkening under the eyes.  If you have any associated symptoms, like itchy/runny eyes or nose, stuffy head, headaches toward the front of the head, spacy feeling, etc, then see an allergist and get tested.

#10 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:12 AM

You can also try to use concealer, or foundation as a concealer.  Get a good match and check it in the sunlight.  As a guy you don't want people to know you are wearing makeup.  Foundation can be good for this as it doesn't cake up as much.  

#11 Delorean

• Topic Starter
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:26 PM

Thanks to everyone. Especially, thanks Luminosity for all your suggestions! I'm currently looking up everything that has been suggested so far to work out what I'm going to try.

Delorean, do you have any allergies? 

This is something I have considered from time to time and I think I might well go to my GP in the hopes of having some tests. I have actually had a kind of bruised soreness on occasion on the inner corner of my eyes/side of my nose.

Hmmm, they're really not as bad as you seem to think they are.

Perhaps the amount of time you're spending worrying about your under eye circles is the real problem?

They do actually usually look worse than in that picture but ARE right. I find it difficult not to though.

Edited by Delorean, 03 June 2014 - 04:27 PM.

#12 Delorean

• Topic Starter
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:16 PM

Thanks again to everyone who responded. My current plan is to buy gelatin, vitamin C, MSM and vitamin k2 (either mk7/mk4 or even both)

At this moment, I'm looking at LEF's Super K http://www.lef.org/V...l?olditem=01224

Does this have me covered? How often would you guys be taking it if in my situation? I've read in previous vitamin k2 threads about people dosing every other day or twice a week. Though I cant remember specific doses mentioned offhand. Any other recommendations on mk4/mk2 would be great, thanks.

#13 holdout

• 37 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:23 AM

Yeah, what THEY said!   hehehe. .... AND MORE!  forgive me but I'm going off my memory so I can't provide citations, but you can search on PubMed if you don't believe me.

Okay so what's going on around your eyes that makes them darkened?  Obviously deoxygenated blood.  You don't want to start taking Vitamin C right away, because it's been shown to prevent capillary leakage, which is perfect, however, you want to do this AFTER cleaning out the garbage first.  And especially the Vitamin K's, because they help blood clot, but you don't want it to clot just yet.

So first you need to vasodilate, reduce inflammation, and clean out cellular debris. Avoid stimulants and caffeine etc. during the day. Regimen before bed:

- 500 mg L-arginine to aid NO production

- 250 mg taurine to boost bloodflow

- 125 mg niacin

- 300 mg alpha lipoic acid (to upregulate Nrf2 and get some good antioxidation going to reduce inflammation)

- 5 or 6 mg of melatonin (shown to induce autophagy aka autophagocytosis)

In the morning take your Vitamin C and K's.  You should take other factors that strengthen your vasculature and help endothelial cells do their thing.  Vitamin D3 has been linked to higher levels of VEGF, so it might be beneficial to take that as well as it sets things into motion.  Keep in mind that Vitamin A and zinc are also good for wound healing and skin repair, as well as folic acid.  So for your morning regimen:

- Super Vitamin K mix from Life Extension I guess because that's a nice potent formulation

- 2,000 mg Vitamin C

- 2,000 IU Vitamin D3

- 10,000 IU Vitamin A

- 50 mg zinc

- 2,000 mg folic acid (aka folate)

And that's for the vasculature alone.  If you can take a pomegranate extract in the morning that'd be even better (or just eat real pom haha)

So holistically-speaking, here's the kicker: you must be frequently dabbling in the cookie jar for some stimulation if you know what I mean.  That kinda stuff burns your fat quickly, and makes dark circles more visible.  Ease off on the partying there tiger.  You need to regain the lost fat underneath your skin.  Subcutaneous fat is the kind you want.  Eat lots of glucose- or dextrose-based carbs.  Stay away from fructose-based because that turns into visceral fat.  (This means no sucrose either).  Try to find candy that's made with glucose syrup as one of the first ingredients.  Or I guess you can eat other carbs like fries & rice but those are boring haha.  Once you get adipocytes forming at the capillaries around your eyes and you put on a bit of weight, that's when you'll see most of the improvement.  However if distribution of your body fat is more central (central obesity), you may want to take additional things to improve liver function such as milk thistle and curcumin (the alpha lipoic acid will help as it is), as well as split your 3 meals a day into 6 snacks a day to ease liver load and allow it to regenerate.  Eat more protein.  Take other factors for your HPA axis to boost hormonal levels and get that nice even body tone going (cognizin for the pituitary gland, astragalus and ashwagandha to ease adrenal fatigue, etc.) and take digestive enzymes as well, such as pancreatin, to ensure good nutritive absorption from food and to ease burden on your liver.  Eat fibre (such as oatmeal) to help absorb toxins out of your body.

But if you're a lazy guy, then the quick fix is: take 10 grams of creatine to help retain some water in your body and your dark circles will disappear greatly.

Edited by holdout, 11 July 2014 - 02:33 AM.

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#14 holdout

• 37 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:36 PM

So for your morning regimen:

- Super Vitamin K mix from Life Extension I guess because that's a nice potent formulation

- 2,000 mg Vitamin C

- 2,000 IU Vitamin D3

- 10,000 IU Vitamin A

- 50 mg zinc

- 2,000 mg folic acid (aka folate)

LOL correction: 2,000 mcg* folic acid (as in 2 mg, not 2,000).  (Not that you'd even be able to find a bottle of 2,000 tablets regardless haha)

Edited by holdout, 14 July 2014 - 08:37 PM.

#15 Delorean

• Topic Starter
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:08 PM

So my morning to midday schedule is pretty much this:

Vit C with gelatin

LEF Vit K (every other day)

Vit C with MSM

Does anyone have any thoughts on the night time list that Holdout suggested?

I was thinking of buying maybe two off this list (my budget isn't huge, so..)

L-arginine

taurine

niacin

alpha lipoic acid

I've read that L-arginine can actually improve quality of sleep so i'm favouring that as one of the two. Does anyone have any thoughts on these suggestions?

#16 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:01 AM

With all due respect, I don't agree with the list the holdout posted.  I would go with other guidance.  

• Agree x 1

#17 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:54 PM

With all due respect, I don't agree with the list the holdout posted.  I would go with other guidance.  

Could not agree more.

• Well Written x 1
  • Agree x 1

#18 goodman

• 171 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:40 AM

i recommend la mer or dr grandel beautygen lotions, theyll help but r expensive

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dark circles, skin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users