* * * * * 3 votes

Best pre-made C60 Olive Oil supplier

c60oo

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#151 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:29 PM

I think I will take your advice and discontinue using the livelongerlabs oil for now. What is your opinion of c60 in olive oil from carbon60oliveoil . com?

If you discontinue it for a time, put it in the freezer. That will slow down the aging rate by a factor of 16 or so. I don't have any opinion on any of the vendors, as except for a couple of bottles over the past 6 years, I've prepared the mix myself. My opinion is that it can stimulate stem cells in certain cases by upping the performance of mitochondria, but it does nothing for improving mitochondria in the long run. For that it is necessary to up the body's natural QC process whereby defective mitochondria are removed. See Exercise Like a Girl and Manipulating mitochondrial dynamics.

• Ill informed x 1

#152 Vickie

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:43 PM

Thanks again. I placed the unopened portion into a dark bag and it's in the freezer.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#153 ryukenden

• 232 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:31 PM

I’m thinking to buy from carbon60oliveoil.com.

Does any of you buy it from them?

#154 smithx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:49 PM

It turns out that C60 olive oil is carcinogenic if exposed to even the slightest bit of light, ever.

So I can't recommend buying it or using it at all.

• Needs references x 3
  • Ill informed x 2
  • Informative x 1
  • Well Written x 1
  • Agree x 1

#155 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:55 PM

It turns out that C60 olive oil is carcinogenic if exposed to even the slightest bit of light, ever.

So I can't recommend buying it or using it at all.

For what it's worth (and base no behavioral response to this) we did an Ames test of a sample of my homemade batch back in 2014 (to test if it might be mutagenic and therefore possibly a carcinogen) and tested negative. My cat is still cancer-free, and she's had a lot of homemade (99.95%) C60 in high poly EVOO.

This means nothing, but why not add to more the nothingness here.

KMoody said he'd post results when his mice started to die. He'll carry through with that, I'm confident. Have you considered that maybe all of his mice are still alive and so he has nothing to yet to say? All of us are looking for solutions to aging.
  • like x 2

#156 smithx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:20 AM

To quote Turnbuckle's summary:

http://www.longecity...e-3#entry785026

AgeVivo gave his three mice C60 (apparently the same oil Baati used, years old by that point), and they all got cancer. Mikeinnaples gave his dog C60 for three years (preparing the C60 solution himself), and his dog developed a "massive tumor." And of course the Kmoody rats got cancer while being dosed with the SES oil. So there are reports, at least with animals. As for humans, I haven't seen any reports, but that's not to say people taking C60 haven't gotten cancer and attributed it to something else, or just back luck.

If you're comfortable taking something which appears to cause tumors on the grounds that someone didn't post that their tumor-ridden animals have died, that's up to you. But with the data we have at the moment, it seems very foolhardy to continue taking this stuff.

If you do take it, the best course of action would seem to be making it yourself following the study protocol exactly, while keeping it entirely in the dark, then keeping it refrigerated, still in the dark, and taking it immediately after pouring it into a spoon. A regular or amber bottle won't work: use a completely black bottle and/or cover the bottle with two layers of aluminum foil. And wear good sunscreen.

But I still wouldn't do it until there's more data.

Edited by smithx, 21 February 2018 - 05:21 AM.

• Informative x 2
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#157 Graviton

• 150 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:12 AM

To quote Turnbuckle's summary:

http://www.longecity...e-3#entry785026

AgeVivo gave his three mice C60 (apparently the same oil Baati used, years old by that point), and they all got cancer. Mikeinnaples gave his dog C60 for three years (preparing the C60 solution himself), and his dog developed a "massive tumor." And of course the Kmoody rats got cancer while being dosed with the SES oil. So there are reports, at least with animals. As for humans, I haven't seen any reports, but that's not to say people taking C60 haven't gotten cancer and attributed it to something else, or just back luck.

If you're comfortable taking something which appears to cause tumors on the grounds that someone didn't post that their tumor-ridden animals have died, that's up to you. But with the data we have at the moment, it seems very foolhardy to continue taking this stuff.

If you do take it, the best course of action would seem to be making it yourself following the study protocol exactly, while keeping it entirely in the dark, then keeping it refrigerated, still in the dark, and taking it immediately after pouring it into a spoon. A regular or amber bottle won't work: use a completely black bottle and/or cover the bottle with two layers of aluminum foil. And wear good sunscreen.

Refrigeration adds some uncertainties.

• Disagree x 2
  • Needs references x 1

#158 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:14 PM

For what it's worth (and base no behavioral response to this) we did an Ames test of a sample of my homemade batch back in 2014 (to test if it might be mutagenic and therefore possibly a carcinogen) and tested negative. My cat is still cancer-free, and she's had a lot of homemade (99.95%) C60 in high poly EVOO.

This means nothing, but why not add to more the nothingness here.

KMoody said he'd post results when his mice started to die. He'll carry through with that, I'm confident. Have you considered that maybe all of his mice are still alive and so he has nothing to yet to say? All of us are looking for solutions to aging.

KMoody seems to have a habit of talking about studies his lab is running without ever actually posting or publishing the method and data from the study.  Witness his posting about C60oo causing tumors which has still not been published anywhere or disclosed in detail here.

I'm not hopeful we'll ever see anything concrete from his study.  But, I'd love to be proven wrong about that.

• Good Point x 2

#159 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:49 PM

More data.  My wife, cat and I have been taking c60 in oil since May 2012. I make it myself and follow Baati protocol except that I skip the centrifuge step. I keep it in an unlit cupboard except when I eat it... lights are usually on in the kitchen and dining area. I do not keep it in the refrigerator and I use clear Kimax 500 ml bottles for bulk storage, and lately, clear Good Seasons salad dressing shaker bottles for mixing dressing batches that last about a week. I tried refrigerating the salad dressing but stopped as it interfered with the flavor which I augment with piperine and naga bhut jolokia powder. I do not wrap or line anything in tinfoil. No cancer or tumors for any of us in our 5+ years of taking it. 

Howard

• Informative x 2
  • like x 2

#160 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:57 PM

KMoody seems to have a habit of talking about studies his lab is running without ever actually posting or publishing the method and data from the study.  Witness his posting about C60oo causing tumors which has still not been published anywhere or disclosed in detail here.

I'm not hopeful we'll ever see anything concrete from his study.  But, I'd love to be proven wrong about that.

Hope to do a little experimenting myself with UV treated c60-evoo soon as I return home in May or June.  It's in a rural area where field mice are a constant nuisance.  Not so much in the house where my cat is a deterrent.  But they chew up the wiring in my outdoor-located backup generator.  The blood thinning rodent control substances commonly available these days take forever to show effect and I'm hoping to duplicate the quicker action achieved by Kmoody.

Howard

• Cheerful x 2
  • like x 1

#161 Phoebus

• 851 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:19 AM

More data.  My wife, cat and I have been taking c60 in oil since May 2012. I make it myself and follow Baati protocol except that I skip the centrifuge step. I keep it in an unlit cupboard except when I eat it... lights are usually on in the kitchen and dining area. I do not keep it in the refrigerator and I use clear Kimax 500 ml bottles for bulk storage, and lately, clear Good Seasons salad dressing shaker bottles for mixing dressing batches that last about a week. I tried refrigerating the salad dressing but stopped as it interfered with the flavor which I augment with piperine and naga bhut jolokia powder. I do not wrap or line anything in tinfoil. No cancer or tumors for any of us in our 5+ years of taking it. 

Howard

and what, if any, positive affects have you seen? 

#162 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 March 2018 - 11:39 AM

Howard

and what, if any, positive affects have you seen? 

Effects for us were only clearly noticeable when starting the load-up during the 1st month which I think I reported on here at the time back around May or June of 2012. As I recall... increased energy levels along with better muscle feel and workout tolerance.  I did take a few months off a couple of years ago when we both tired of drinking that much olive oil (a jigger shot ~40 ml once a week) and I noticed a slight decline in those areas at the end of that period which abated and bounced back within a week of when I resumed.  The switch to c60 mixed into high-oleic sunflower oil in salad dressing has been much more tolerable for us and I've noticed no declining effects this past year.

Howard

• unsure x 1
  • Informative x 1

#163 AnahimSkywalker

• 29 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:23 PM

KMoody clearly has a hidden agenda.

Theres another player on the list, although I don't know how available their product is. It says they have stock. I will try it out for sure.

Slic60.com

• Disagree x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#164 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2019 - 04:08 AM

CarbonC60OliveOil.com (Tom) has increased his price by more than double.

His product tested better than others in a comparative test posted on Longecity. (I don't have the time to look up the post.)

Meanwhile, https://c60peepsandpets.com/ has emerged stating that they are vending Tom's product. But they are charging just a little more than he used to charge.

If I can read the signs correctly, P&P have given Tom such a large guarantee that he is consciously removing his company from the market by raising the price out of range to allow P&P to corner the market, with him manufacturing for them in the background. This is a much easier life than vending onesie-twosies. (Right, Tom?) 

P&P are charging $367.50 for ten 100 ml bottles, where Tom is charging $735.

The last time I ordered 20 in January 2019, twenty bottles cost $580.

Just my dos centavos!

#165 smithx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 05:39 AM

The last time I ordered

Not sure how anyone can still be taking this stuff when it apparently caused cancer in lab animals and there's also a good mechanism for why it should.

The only thing that seems to make sense if you do want to take it is to make it yourself so you can verify that it was kept in the dark at all times.

• Needs references x 1
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • dislike x 1

#166 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:22 PM

Not sure how anyone can still be taking this stuff when it apparently caused cancer in lab animals and there's also a good mechanism for why it should.

The only thing that seems to make sense if you do want to take it is to make it yourself so you can verify that it was kept in the dark at all times.

Please cite verifiable data to confirm that C60 made correctly in extra virgin olive oil causes cancer and the "good mechanism."

I have seen only quizzical information that asserts this and no solidly scientific data that shows the mechanism, other than that it is made improperly - as you allude, after you scare people. 

I am sure that some of the vendors are to be avoided.

For instance, there are vendors using sonicators to make it. There are vendors using other popular, but inferior oils (which do not have optimal polyphenol content). There are vendors, like Vaughter that curiously say that they are producing 0.9 mg of C60 in 100 ml of EVOO, which is beyond the saturation limit. 

There are and always be knockoff artists, liars, amateurs that don't understand how C60EVOO was made for the Baati study and crooks.

Then there is Carbon (Tom) https://carbon60oliveoil.com/ who makes his product exactly as it was made for the Baati study and when tested in a comparative test was shown to produce a superior product. I purchased from him for years, then worked with a physicist friend to make my own and it didn't seen to feel as good as Toms'. So, I returned to buy C60OO from Tom.

Ah, but we abbreviated the manufacturing process that was used for the Baati study. When I make it again I will use a more complete protocol. 

Your statement "Not sure how anyone can still be taking this stuff when it apparently caused cancer in lab animals..." leads people that haven't followed the entire sequence of events to be afraid of properly made C60EVOO, which is not in the public's best interest. 

Please consider that leading off with a scary statement will generate negativity where what we are seeking to share is truth and clarity. At least that is what I hope we were doing to promote information about healthy, happy longevity on this longevity site.

• Informative x 1

#167 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:25 PM

KMoody clearly has a hidden agenda.

Theres another player on the list, although I don't know how available their product is. It says they have stock. I will try it out for sure.

Slic60.com

Slic60.com is out of stock currently and, to me, at least, looks like a sketchy source. Did you obtain some and, if you did, what did you think of it?

#168 smithx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 09:22 AM

I posted this before somewhere, but here it is again. It was part of a private communication to me from kmoody regarding what may have been responsible for the tumor induction observed in his experimental mice which had been treated with C60 olive oil. He had previously said that they'd established that the SES C60oo they had was NOT sonicated.

The evidence we currently have is limited, but growing. When we made fresh C60oo in house it met expected product specifications. When we received SES research C60oo and tested it, we found that it had a lower concentration according to HPLC at a fixed wavelength absorbance. We looked into this further, and discovered the absorbance profile (per UV/VIS spec analysis at full spectrum) was different between the two (i.e. some of the C60 may have broken down into a by-product that had a different absorbance profile, which accounts for the apparent decrease in concentration by our analytical method).

We adjusted our HPLC method, and were able to resolve a second C60 peak in the SES C60oo, but not in our home-made stuff. We confirmed that the second peak is not contaminant C70, and our current thinking is that it is a breakdown product, likely from photo-oxidation. This is the only difference we have been able to detect between our formulation and SES research's formulation, which has led us to hypothesize that whatever this peak is, it is responsible for the apparent toxicity we are seeing.

It appeared fairly clear that any exposure to light could produce toxic substances in the C60oo, which makes sense and for which there is some published evidence (for example general photoreactivity http://pages.jh.edu/...ns/C60-Chad.pdf and in biological models https://www.research...Moina_macrocopa ).

This is why pre-made C60oo seems very unsafe, since there's no way to know if it's been stored in the dark or not.

Edited by smithx, 26 July 2019 - 09:24 AM.

• Informative x 2
  • Ill informed x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#169 genX

• Registrant
  • 26 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 July 2019 - 06:56 PM

Has anyone tried Carbon60plus by C360health?   They make several products Carbon60plus, Carbon60plus extra  strength, "Rejuvenate" C60olive oil with some extra supplements for women,  "Revive" C60 olive oil with some extra anti-inflammatory peptides for men). 

The founder Ian Mathews was featured on Dave Asprey's Bulletproof podcast twice.  He says he takes Revive and they've tested it on dogs(?) for a long time to find the optimal combination and also the best quality olive oil. Claim they have the highest C60 concentration, and have received a patent for this just recently this July.  I spoke to one of their salespeople (he returned my inquiry call) and he told me he's been taking it for 5 years (he's older than 65) and has found it gives him tremendous energy etc. with

no diminution since he started taking it.  On Dave Asprey's podcast, Ian also stated that they are also developing another product that is anti-cancer (he apparently used to work for pharmaceutical companies) but it will take 10 years to get it

through testing/certification et. (??) .   They also sell C60 olive oil for pets through "Livepetllc.com".  Supposedly Dave Asprey gives it to his dog (and apparently takes it himself despite having poor response to other C60 olive oil products many years ago) and there are lots of pet owner testimonials for arthritis etc.

I've bought the Carbon60plus (it comes in a dark bottle with directions to keep it at room temperature in a cabinet away from light) but haven't tried it yet (I'm trying to deal with

anxiety and getting off a benzodiazepine and am not sure yet that this is the best approach although I understand from reading the longecity thread on "C60 results" that one user - sensei had good results). 

Their protocol involves taking daily starting dose of 1.5 - 3.0 Tbsp for men and 1.0 Tbsp - 2.5 Tbsp for women (depending on your weight) for 10 days followed by a maintenance dose of 2tsp - 3 tsp for men (depending on your weight) and 1.5 tsp - 3.0 tsp for women (depending on your weight).

They sell a topical C60 olive oil product for hair growth.  Dave Asprey claims he test it on his eyebrows and it worked.

Has anyone looked into this?  Any comments?

P.S. Here's a quote from their website: 

We adhere to the strictest quality control standards that assure the purity of Carbon60 Plus products. Unlike most other lipofullerene producers, we are not just buying and mixing “off the shelf” components. We carefully test our Carbon60 assuring maximum purity and yield and then combine that with domestically sourced olive oil that has specific properties proven to enhance the bond with Carbon60. This results in a superior, more potent lipofullerene. We maintain control of all components in the supply chain and perform periodic inspections at all stages of the process. Our Carbon60 purity is measured using HPLC (High Performance Liquid Chromatography) and our cold pressed, extra virgin olive oil is tested via spectrophotometric analysis. Quality and purity are our top priorities.

• Ill informed x 1

#170 genX

• Registrant
  • 26 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 July 2019 - 04:54 PM

No one has replied to my query regarding Carbon60plus and/or Revive by C360 health.  

The purpose of this thread is to discuss/determine the best pre-made C60 supplier.    I notice that it's not that cheap (nor are most of the others). 

Has anyone tried the products by C360 health or looked into them?   Has anyone heard/read the Bulletproof (Dave Asprey) podcast with C360 health?  Thanks.

P.S. It appears from reading earlier postings and doing a price comparison that while "Peepsandpets.com" (which sells carbon60oliveoil.com, which was certified at 8 mg C60/ml on Longecity in 2016)  charges $43.50 for 100 ml = 20 tsp = 3.38 oz,

the C360 health price of $31 for 4 oz = 24 tsp = 120 ml of "Carbon60plus" is somewhat better. 

In contrast C60purplepower, which has lots of fantastic testimonials, sells C60 olive oil for $97 for 4 Oz.  (but they recommend taking only 1/4 tsp to 1 tsp/day). 

My conclusion is that "Peepsandpets.com" (which recommends based on dosage link to the SESresearch website a dose of 1 tsp/day) and "C360 health" are likely the best suppliers in terms of good quality and somewhat lower cost. 

#171 smithx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 03:46 AM

The purpose of this thread is to discuss/determine the best pre-made C60 supplier.

I started this thread, and my conclusion now is that there is no "best" pre-made C60oo supplier because unless you prepare it yourself, there's no way to be certain that what you get has never been exposed to the light and turned into a potentially toxic, carcinogenic substance.

See https://www.longecit...ndpost&p=877111

• Agree x 3
  • Needs references x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#172 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 August 2019 - 06:59 PM

No one has replied to my query regarding Carbon60plus and/or Revive by C360 health.  

The purpose of this thread is to discuss/determine the best pre-made C60 supplier.    I notice that it's not that cheap (nor are most of the others). 

Has anyone tried the products by C360 health or looked into them?   Has anyone heard/read the Bulletproof (Dave Asprey) podcast with C360 health?  Thanks.

P.S. It appears from reading earlier postings and doing a price comparison that while "Peepsandpets.com" (which sells carbon60oliveoil.com, which was certified at 8 mg C60/ml on Longecity in 2016)  charges $43.50 for 100 ml = 20 tsp = 3.38 oz,

the C360 health price of $31 for 4 oz = 24 tsp = 120 ml of "Carbon60plus" is somewhat better. 

In contrast C60purplepower, which has lots of fantastic testimonials, sells C60 olive oil for $97 for 4 Oz.  (but they recommend taking only 1/4 tsp to 1 tsp/day). 

My conclusion is that "Peepsandpets.com" (which recommends based on dosage link to the SESresearch website a dose of 1 tsp/day) and "C360 health" are likely the best suppliers in terms of good quality and somewhat lower cost. 

This is an advisory to your query, genX.

The "PeepsandPets" distribution of carbonC60oliveoil's product, which has been tested against two other products showed that it alone delivered what the label states. (Please see attachment).

C360 health is interesting and laden with science, including having a patent for C60 in combination with Epitalon, the Russian peptide bioregulator, and other interesting ingredients which creates a potentially interesting combination.

However, there are oddities involved in C360's presentation.

First, the site that comes up on searching is not "https," which means that it is not secured by identification of the site's owner. PeepsandPets and carbonC60oliveoil are secure "https" sites.

Searching further C360 claims that their "regular product provides 100 mg of Carbon60 fullerene fully dissolved in 100mg of premium organic olive oil. How they accomplish over-saturation of C60 in olive oil is not explained. Saturation occurs at 80 mg dissolved in 100 mg (0.8 mg/ml) Further, this linked page is "https."

Then if we go to their "Carbon C60 Plus Extra Strength we see that it claims 120 mg of C60 per 100 ml of olive oil. We further see the more costly C360 Revive for Men and their "Companion60 Extra Strength product that "contain an assortment of ingredients that exhibit antioxidant properties 270 times stronger than vitamin C." This must be the patented product that includes Epitalon. They also state that they "...contain a higher saturation level by 20% compared to our regular product (1.2 mg/ml compared to 1.0 mg/ml)..."

C360 Revive is said to contain 1.2 mg/ml with small percentages of serratiopeptidase, L-carnosine and CoQ10, a small smorgasbord of popular anti-aging ingredients. It is difficult for a consumer to calculate the exceedingly small amounts (as percentages) of these popular ingredients, so this looks more like marketing, using popular ingredients, as window-dressing.

In my 40+ years in the dietary supplement industry we would humorously say that this was like marketing people walking through the lab and throwing ingredients in the air to "bless" products with an undisclosed amount of a smidgen of popular ingredients that could be listed on labels.

C360's listing of patents are "patentable," but this simply means to me that they have real scientists working with them and so they can present the appearance of having (unquestionably) deep roots in science. 

Cellular Enhancements in Biological Systems Through the Use of Li-Pofullerene and Peptide Group Combinations
Lipofullerene-Saccharide Conjugates And Their Use As Antimetastatic Agents For The Inhibition of Mammalian Neoplasms

Solubility of Therapeutic Agents

If I didn't find all of this frustratingly complex I might continue. Suffice it to say I am skeptical of everything about C360.

One way to test C360 could happen if Ichor would conduct a test of a C360 product versus PeepsandPets' (carbonC60oliveoil) products, similar to the comparison testing that Ichor conducted in the attachment. This would let us know if C360 has actually created a (non-disclosed) way to over-saturate extra virgin olive oil to yield 1.0 and 1.2 mg/ml. 

Since this seems like an event that will not take place any time soon, I defer to my gut and my skepticism of C360's complex erratic information and claims of greatly increased potency, for which the foundation is unexplained.

I just bought a batch of ten 100 ml bottles from PeepsandPets. If I have enough time (unlikely) I will make my own to save on the cost in the future.

Kind regards.

Attached Files

Edited by mikey, 04 August 2019 - 07:04 PM.

• like x 1

#173 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 August 2019 - 08:18 PM

I started this thread, and my conclusion now is that there is no "best" pre-made C60oo supplier because unless you prepare it yourself, there's no way to be certain that what you get has never been exposed to the light and turned into a potentially toxic, carcinogenic substance.

See https://www.longecit...ndpost&p=877111

smithx, what published data do you base this conclusion on?

Since 2012, tens of thousands of people have been taking C60oo made by numerous manufacturers, and some C60 made with other oils, some which I wouldn't buy from, and yet what reports do we have of humans experiencing cancer because they are or were taking a C60 product or more specifically a C60oo product? 

If anything C6oo's popularity has increased to the point where FDA keeps a watch on C60 and yet FDA has not found a reason to crack down on C60oo vendors.  

This is not to hold FDA up as the standard of a government agency that is actually taking care of the US population in a truly cautionary manner.

However, it seems premature to conclude that danger dominates the conversation about the consumption of manufactured C60oo.

Edited by mikey, 04 August 2019 - 08:19 PM.

#174 joesixpack

• 466 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 August 2019 - 04:20 AM

smithx, what published data do you base this conclusion on?

Since 2012, tens of thousands of people have been taking C60oo made by numerous manufacturers, and some C60 made with other oils, some which I wouldn't buy from, and yet what reports do we have of humans experiencing cancer because they are or were taking a C60 product or more specifically a C60oo product? 

If anything C6oo's popularity has increased to the point where FDA keeps a watch on C60 and yet FDA has not found a reason to crack down on C60oo vendors.  

This is not to hold FDA up as the standard of a government agency that is actually taking care of the US population in a truly cautionary manner.

However, it seems premature to conclude that danger dominates the conversation about the consumption of manufactured C60oo.

Well there are no reports of people dying from using c60 evoo, so I guess we are all survivors. I would like to see if people are having good or bad experiences using whatever they are using. I think we can rest assured that nobody is dying from using the usual producers.

• Agree x 1

#175 genX

• Registrant
  • 26 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:39 PM

This is an advisory to your query, genX.

The "PeepsandPets" distribution of carbonC60oliveoil's product, which has been tested against two other products showed that it alone delivered what the label states. (Please see attachment).

C360 health is interesting and laden with science, including having a patent for C60 in combination with Epitalon, the Russian peptide bioregulator, and other interesting ingredients which creates a potentially interesting combination.

However, there are oddities involved in C360's presentation.

First, the site that comes up on searching is not "https," which means that it is not secured by identification of the site's owner. PeepsandPets and carbonC60oliveoil are secure "https" sites.

Searching further C360 claims that their "regular product provides 100 mg of Carbon60 fullerene fully dissolved in 100mg of premium organic olive oil. How they accomplish over-saturation of C60 in olive oil is not explained. Saturation occurs at 80 mg dissolved in 100 mg (0.8 mg/ml) Further, this linked page is "https."

Then if we go to their "Carbon C60 Plus Extra Strength we see that it claims 120 mg of C60 per 100 ml of olive oil. We further see the more costly C360 Revive for Men and their "Companion60 Extra Strength product that "contain an assortment of ingredients that exhibit antioxidant properties 270 times stronger than vitamin C." This must be the patented product that includes Epitalon. They also state that they "...contain a higher saturation level by 20% compared to our regular product (1.2 mg/ml compared to 1.0 mg/ml)..."

C360 Revive is said to contain 1.2 mg/ml with small percentages of serratiopeptidase, L-carnosine and CoQ10, a small smorgasbord of popular anti-aging ingredients. It is difficult for a consumer to calculate the exceedingly small amounts (as percentages) of these popular ingredients, so this looks more like marketing, using popular ingredients, as window-dressing.

In my 40+ years in the dietary supplement industry we would humorously say that this was like marketing people walking through the lab and throwing ingredients in the air to "bless" products with an undisclosed amount of a smidgen of popular ingredients that could be listed on labels.

C360's listing of patents are "patentable," but this simply means to me that they have real scientists working with them and so they can present the appearance of having (unquestionably) deep roots in science. 

Cellular Enhancements in Biological Systems Through the Use of Li-Pofullerene and Peptide Group Combinations
Lipofullerene-Saccharide Conjugates And Their Use As Antimetastatic Agents For The Inhibition of Mammalian Neoplasms

Solubility of Therapeutic Agents

If I didn't find all of this frustratingly complex I might continue. Suffice it to say I am skeptical of everything about C360.

One way to test C360 could happen if Ichor would conduct a test of a C360 product versus PeepsandPets' (carbonC60oliveoil) products, similar to the comparison testing that Ichor conducted in the attachment. This would let us know if C360 has actually created a (non-disclosed) way to over-saturate extra virgin olive oil to yield 1.0 and 1.2 mg/ml. 

Since this seems like an event that will not take place any time soon, I defer to my gut and my skepticism of C360's complex erratic information and claims of greatly increased potency, for which the foundation is unexplained.

I just bought a batch of ten 100 ml bottles from PeepsandPets. If I have enough time (unlikely) I will make my own to save on the cost in the future.

Kind regards.

#176 genX

• Registrant
  • 26 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:53 AM

Mikey,

Thanks for your thoughtful reply to my query.  Regarding C360 health they now are using https:, e,g, https://c360health.com/

Here is a link to their patent:    https://c360health.c...0342797-002.pdf

See also their blog:  https://c360health.c...-newest-patent/

As far as I can tell, the main point of their patent is that medications can be much more highly solubilised in C60oo than in say water. 

They also demonstrate the use of an anti-cancer drug triptolidine mixed with olive oil to stop/reverse tumors in mice.  Finally, in all the cases in which

they mention the C60oo preparation (before adding the "medication" to be solubilized) they mention stirring in the dark and filtering with quantitative 103 slow filer paper

P.S. I've become increasingly intrigued by C60purpleppower.com   They have biweekly videos in which they answer questions.  They also sell C60 in olive, coconut, and avocado and claim that

different oils have slightly different benefits for different conditions.  They seem to have hundreds f positive testimonials. 

• Agree x 1

#177 joesixpack

• 466 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 August 2019 - 04:29 AM

Just based on the posts on Longecity, it is unlikely that C60 EVOO causes cancer. People have been taking it here for years without anyone reporting that they developed cancer. The only person I have heard of that had a tumor was Clif High, who pushes C60 and reported his tumor predated his use of C60.

• unsure x 1

#178 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 August 2019 - 05:15 AM

Well there are no reports of people dying from using c60 evoo, so I guess we are all survivors. I would like to see if people are having good or bad experiences using whatever they are using. I think we can rest assured that nobody is dying from using the usual producers.

Good point. During the first part of C60oo's popular use increasing I don't remember hearing questionable or "bad" reports. We also had "Niner" on deck on Longecity. Niner was adept at chemistry and a voice of reason and logic. He has been "gone" for a year or so.

Commonplace were people that found enhanced endurance exercising; clearer cognition, old pets acting younger, wrinkles fading, balding heads re-growing some hair, and a wide variety of beneficial effects.

After a couple or few years we began to see people describing odd problems that, to me, "smelled" of just being odd. Generally, these were reports that were simple, rather than voiced by those with a global knowledge of longevity tools. I give credence to each individual's experience, so I rather note a difference from the first couple or few years.

I've only experienced such convincing benefits (wrinkles fading and on and on) and had friends that were also positive about what they experienced, that I am one that has taken C60oo almost every day since August, 2012. I continue taking a tablespoon a day.

It remains on top of the list of longevity tools I employ, which include so many (al)chemicals the list continues to grow with ongoing experimentation to over 200.

Khavinson's Epitalon coupled with a thymic peptide produced pronounced desirable effects. Trodusquemine )TD) seems to be the Holy Grail of regeneration. Daniel Cooper noted that TD is in clinical trials (finally!) and thus the price may come down to become available. Stay around for the "cure" will appear.

• like x 1

#179 smithx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 07:37 PM

OK here's my response to the most recent comments:

• I don't think KMoody is lying about his HPLC results. He did find another band in the light-exposed C60OO.
  • We know that there's evidence that C60 absorbs light and creates free radicals as a result.
  • There is a very high likelihood that whatever is being created by light exposure in C60OO is not what we want, whether it is highly carcinogenic or not.
  • Even taking C60OO at all is potentially risky and very speculative, since it is based on a single very small study. So maximizing safety is probably a good idea.
  • We also know from the original paper that the C60OO used in the study was scrupulously kept in the dark.

The prudent thing to do is to make sure that you have the best quality material, and that means that it should be made according to the original specifications, which include keeping it scrupulously in the dark at all times. No manufacturer that I know of promises that this is the case, so it would be imprudent to assume that it is.

Where does that leave us (in my opinion)? Either:

a) Make it yourself according to the specifications in the paper (keeping it in the dark)

b) Trust that random manufacturers who have not committed to keeping it in the dark are nevertheless doing so

c) Assume that KMoody was lying or that the extra band he found via HPLC is completely harmless

Of these, the most prudent seems to be a).

Now if there was a manufacturer who did commit to in-the-dark production, perhaps documented it, and shipped the product in bottles that were really light-protective (for example something like Miron Violetglass), it could be more reasonable to trust manufactured C60OO.

But for me (someone who just took 15mg of rapamycin yesterday), the risk of buying a potentially toxic product is just not worth the convenience.

• Agree x 2
  • Needs references x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#180 genX

• Registrant
  • 26 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2019 - 03:04 AM

Mikey,

I just received the "peepsandpets" C60 olive oii and I'm impressed by the packaging (dark glass bottle and convenient cardboard storage box) and handy syringe.   I'm planning to start with a low dose of 1 ml/day.

• Informative x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60oo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users