Photo

3d Printing Pen

pen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 A941

• 1,027 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:52 PM

Recently i bought one of these 3D-Printing Pens which you feed with 1.75mm PLA or ABS Filament which they melt and you can use to "draw" 3d Objects.

The objects i have created so far look very good, at least i would say that.

I have learned that you can create certain shapes by using rectangular objects etc. to form corners, or to create empty spaces, objects like lego bricks.

Do you think 3d Pens could be used for Research and Developement in the area of bioscience and so on?

Only recently I have learned that a Filament  bases on ABS exists which is abel to conduct electricity, which I think is very interessting.

Whatr do you people think?

#2 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:09 PM

The idea is interesting. 3D pens are much cheaper than the 3D printers. You can even teoretically make yourself a 3D pen. If You can make a 3D organ for transpalantation, then the 3D pens can really be used for making someone's life longer. In order to make the organ, You first have to make a 3D matrix of the organ from a bio - resorbabale material. Then, the matrix must be filled with some sort of nutritive compound, containing stem cells. The stem cells must be forced to turn in the cells of the different tissues of the organ and blood vessels must be additionally formed in the organ. I suppose, that this will be a step by step process. The hardest part of all will be if needed to be made the ultrastructure of the organ and the innervation of the organ. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users