phobia

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#31 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:19 AM

Not familiar with what an EMwave device is. I will look into it. Is it some type of machine? 

Exposure therapy means? Let's say I have a fear of flying, do I skydiving? Or climb something tall? I notice that after riding those "thrill rides", I feel un-scared of "flight" but of course it's not like flying in an airplane.

I have not heard of a phen aniracetam before, did you mean phenilpiracetam or simply just aniracetam?

And are very difficult to dose and balance with all the side effects. Meditation and maybe an EMwave device to consciously train how to manage fear is arguably the best way to manage stress,  and of course exposure therapy. No harm in trying some noots of course. 

If your reluctant about phen aniracetam is a safe medium, the effects won't be as strong but its 100% safe.

#32 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:34 AM

Always trust the medical science. Difficult to dose or not, difficult to balance or not, with all the side effects, if You have a real problem, then treat only way to help yourself is to use the traditional medicine. If it can not help You, then nothing can.

• dislike x 4

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#33 oneshot2shots

• 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:41 PM

I can't personally advocate as I have not purchased one as of yet.  I'm giving the Asprey link because like his regime, if anyone has issues please go meditate for several years to contemplate on your immaturity before posting.

http://www.bulletpro...te-variability/

The most important part of course being 

• Agree that you will practice Heart Math training using the device every day for at least 10 minutes once or twice a day, for 6 weeks straight. 6 weeks matters. Just do it

Was phenibutless and had to answer the phone from one of the high level managers recently. Of course the illogical, reptilian fear came up as my voice trembled and the nervousness shone through the call.  Pointless and useless in this day and age, heart-rate rose, voice trembled, probably a tonne of other chemical metrics rose or fell that I(and indeed loads of scientists) know nothing about.  From what I understand the EMwave trains you to lower your heart-rate when your stressed and try and get it to optimal levels. Your "hacking" your system to eliminate automatic fear and replace it with logical caution.

Pretty much re exposure therapy. If the manager calls everyday my stupid response system is going to eventually realise that the he isn't going to eat me and will stop giving me a hard time.  

Should have put a comma in there - If your not sure about phenibut, aniracetam is a safe bet.

HOWEVER - fear is the ultimate motivation. When on phen I feel less motivated to take care of things, because everything is cool and right and I can confidently talk my way out of situations.  Fear gives a sort of adrenaline rush like no other which motivates you to learn. 

Never trust the science. Make your own conclusions, question everything and focus on anecdotal evidence. Medical treatment can help but you have a better chance of choosing and dosing the medicine and amount correctly than your doctor. 

And if you do purchase the device I'd love to hear feedback. 

#34 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:27 AM

Not sure about such device yet. I have tried those light therapy before for the seasonal affective disorder. I can't say it worked. It may have helped. That was years ago though. I like my nootropics these days rather than some "device".

#35 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:09 PM

Besides natural sups that does something regarding GABA, and various other things. What might hold equal potential is something dopaminergic... Anhedonia or related states of mind could be a large cause of certain anxiety. I have achieved tremendous anxiety relief with low doses of dexamphetamine, though it doesn't seem reliable.

I will myself try something like selegiline in the future.

#36 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:31 PM

Interesting mention of anhedonia; a psychological condition characterized by inability to experience pleasure in pleasurable acts.

Something I don't think I suffer from.

Regarding natural anxiolytic; coriander, which is cilantro. I'm not sure if coriander seeds is more powerful than the leaf. The leaf is cilantro and the seeds are coriander? I read coriander is sameas cilantro

#37 docTorpedo

• 21 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:32 PM

For me, being able to fear doesn't sound like a useful ability to have. Humans still have the ability to use judgement to categorize something as dangerous and then run based on knowing that its dangerous. Only thing that is missing is the performance "boost" associated with fear.  But the fear response / action might play a more significant role in perception than I imagine, making its removal more consequential.

Edited by docTorpedo, 26 June 2014 - 10:36 PM.

• like x 1

#38 oneshot2shots

• 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:59 PM

We need the cocktail of neurotransmitters produced that's comes with fear, to get into a flow state. (Steve kotler). We don't need the automatic fight or flight response its outdated. 

#39 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:14 AM

Well how do we get it updated?

#40 oneshot2shots

• 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

As already mentioned, exposure and HRV training (which is like assisted meditation). These can only work but are painful in that they must be done daily. HRV is the one associated with the fight or flight response afaik, and the key fear related indicator, so if we can manage that we trick the body so its doesn't simulate the fear response. 

Drugs are the other. People have an aversion to pills and supplements but the fact is that that brains need assistance. We have an outdated system and there is no longer enough minerals in the food we consume(and this is the actual food, not mcdonalds) so the brain isin't getting enough. The pure human state is one without fear.A key to reaching the limitless state is eliminating fear. 

Warning:metaphysical alert

Another way is to develop self-worth. Most people are afraid of what other's think of them. The best do not give a fu*k really. If someone slags you, you automatically get injured, and performance suffers.(For me anyway). If there was no emotional injury thinking of a witty response would be much easier, but that's not how we evolved. Maybe in the caveman days what others thought of you was very important, as alienation would result in elimination from the tribe(and therefore death). Independence of dependence on validation from others is basically the same as a lack of fear. Do you think any of the most succcessful people spent the day crying after criticism form their bosses? They kept the bigger picture in mind. The majority have an outdated system where they get emotionally injured from the opinions of others, despite any amount of rationalization. 

Have not read the auto-bio but Steve Jobs apparently went into a company and refused to leave until he got a job. Balls are infinitely more important than intelligence.

• like x 2
  • Agree x 1

#41 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:44 PM

What's HRV?

I would think during the caveman days we didn't care what others thought? We were cavemens. We were for our own survivalism. I think worrying about what others think of our self is a modern thing.

#42 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:21 AM

some interesting stuff about fear's "approach avoidance":

https://screen.yahoo...-200000021.html

I think this is common with city living but not so much rural living. 

#43 Bubbles

• 75 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:42 AM

This is how we are genetically created, fear is in our genes and it's also an instinct of survival that helped the humans live. Fear takes a lot of forms, it can also be self-inducted mentally, and that's a different type of fear, it's the one the we have mostly nowadays - this one is a modern nasty fear type, because it makes us sabotage ourselves and block our paths .. or just usually delaying things for  a lot of time, besides the unlucky in which is triggered anxiety or depression forms.

But some time ago, people used to have more the external type of fear. Fear of being killed, fear of dying of hunger, fear of loosing their loved ones (people were dying like pumpkins back in the medieval era)

Even if you would be an immortal, and also rich in billions, you would still have fears. At first they would be masked by excitement, but as time passes and monotony appears, your fears will come out.

Little do we know, that at the other end of the fears, it's waiting for us exactly the opposite  ;)

Edited by Bubbles, 21 July 2014 - 05:43 AM.

#44 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:14 AM

Anyone here have extensive use of skullcap (scutellaria lateriflora)? I just bought a dropper bottle of it to see what's up. It's a natural anxiolytic. 

#45 Brafarality

• 684 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:44 AM

Some great words on overcoming fear when it really counts:

"Tomorrow we goes into battle, so Lordy, let me fight with the rifle in one hand, and the Good Book in the other. So that if I may die at the muzzle of the rifle... die on water, or on land, I may know that you blessed Jesus almighty are with me... and I have no fear" - Jupiter Sharts (Glory)

Cavaliers, Puritans, Roundheads, Crusades, Holy Wars, martyrs, and many others who are similar: For some, true faith or belief in the presence of one's deity as well as hope for an eternal life can completely remove fear (well, fear of dying at least; perhaps not other fears such as fear of rejection, stage fright and phobias), better than any drug, I bet.

Edited by Brafarality, 25 July 2014 - 02:49 AM.

#46 goodman

• 171 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:47 PM

smoke weed and become numb
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#47 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:17 PM

sups that may have anything to do with gaba could be pregnenolone. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm looking for that reply on one of my thread I believe that mentioned that schizophrenia is linked to too much dopamine? How does one lower dopamine levels? What would that class of drug be called?

Besides natural sups that does something regarding GABA, and various other things. What might hold equal potential is something dopaminergic... Anhedonia or related states of mind could be a large cause of certain anxiety. I have achieved tremendous anxiety relief with low doses of dexamphetamine, though it doesn't seem reliable.

I will myself try something like selegiline in the future.

Edited by eon, 05 August 2014 - 10:26 PM.

• Ill informed x 1

#48 TheBatman

• 217 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:02 AM

Medicine wise benzos are your best bet for specific situations. There is no artificial way to rid yourself of true fear however.

For example, you take a benzo for a job interview you are very worried about. You take it a bit early so it will work when you need it. Then you get into the interview and start to worry that the effects of the benzo are going to wear off before you are done because you took it early and this makes you anxious. Then you accidentally say something stupid on one of the questions and you start to wonder if you would've been better off not taking anything at all. Where does this fear come from? I mean your body still feels relaxed and perfectly fine, but you're still concerned. This is true fear.   

This sounds cheesy, but faith and hope are the only real ways to overcome fear. There can't be doubt where there is hope and faith.

FYI not all fear was meant to be overcome. There's a good reason why I'm scared to drive all over town drunk.

Edited by TheBatman, 05 September 2014 - 10:07 AM.

#49 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:01 PM

Of course cause you're drunk and drunk driving is illegal! I'd be scared too! Anyway regarding benzos; some vitamins like niacinamide is said to act like benzos. Phenibut as well?

#50 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:06 PM

Of course cause you're drunk and drunk driving is illegal! I'd be scared too! Anyway regarding benzos; some vitamins like niacinamide is said to act like benzos. Phenibut as well?

The fact that you might crash and kill someone, perhaps yourself, isn't as scary as it being illegal?   Now, in the interest of keeping misinformation to a dull roar, what is your source for your niacinamide claim?  I think it's false.  Edit: Apparently not false.  Seems like if it really worked, I'd have heard about it by now, but it chills rodents out.

Edited by niner, 05 September 2014 - 08:21 PM.

#51 TheBatman

• 217 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:41 PM

Yeah I tried to use an obvious example. My point is depending on your outlook and frame of mind, you could still experience fear at any time no matter what substance you are taking. Fear is more relative to the current situation you're in, anxiety is more of a feeling. Anxiety usually does cause fear though.

Niacinamide didn't have nearly as pronounced of an effect for me as a benzo. I probably wont ever try phenibut because of a rapid tolerance that most people seem to get.

In fact just about any noticeable anxiolytic is going to build a tolerance and its usually pretty quick. It sucks but that's how it is.

#52 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:19 AM

You have to mention your dosage of niacinamide. I only take 1000mg so far. I've hear of people using 1500mg for it to show benzo like effects. Sometimes more in the grams.

#53 TheBatman

• 217 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:27 AM

You have to mention your dosage of niacinamide. I only take 1000mg so far. I've hear of people using 1500mg for it to show benzo like effects. Sometimes more in the grams.

Sorry, my bad. I believe it was 500 mg.

Just curious though, If you are looking for benzo-like effects, why not just go get a prescription for one?

Edited by TheBatman, 06 September 2014 - 07:31 AM.

#54 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:50 AM

I read that benzos have dangers and or addiction and or tolerance involved. Not niacinamide which is said to fit benzo receptors especially using along with inositol and gaba. niacin and gaba is picamilon which is supposedly a good substitute for benzos. My source of info. is from Life Extension book as well as a combo of online sources and or reviews from people who have taken niacinamide. It all fits with the info found in the book.

One of my threads about using a sleeping aid I believe I was told to try niacinamide so it is a relaxant but I don't know why it is a stamina enhancer for rats. Other benefits is said to include that niacinamide is good for skin, brains, OCD, depression, anxiety, and treats candida (whatever that is some type of skin growth, which I have, a skin tag). We shall see. 

Just curious though, If you are looking for benzo-like effects, why not just go get a prescription for one?

Edited by eon, 06 September 2014 - 08:58 AM.

#55 TheBatman

• 217 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:06 PM

I read that benzos have dangers and or addiction and or tolerance involved. Not niacinamide which is said to fit benzo receptors especially using along with inositol and gaba. niacin and gaba is picamilon which is supposedly a good substitute for benzos. My source of info. is from Life Extension book as well as a combo of online sources and or reviews from people who have taken niacinamide. It all fits with the info found in the book.

One of my threads about using a sleeping aid I believe I was told to try niacinamide so it is a relaxant but I don't know why it is a stamina enhancer for rats. Other benefits is said to include that niacinamide is good for skin, brains, OCD, depression, anxiety, and treats candida (whatever that is some type of skin growth, which I have, a skin tag). We shall see. 

Gotcha. I've never felt that benzo's were very addicting as I only take about .25 mg on occasion with pretty much no side effects or dependence.

Good luck with niacinamide though! Let us know what happens.

Btw I think candida build up is in the stomach and causes issues with food absorption and depression.

Edited by TheBatman, 06 September 2014 - 07:07 PM.

#56 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:33 AM

is that right about candidiasis? I need to look it up then. I had tried some hydrochloric acid supplement to absorb food and it did help me feel better. I think probiotic do good for the stomach as well where 80% of out immune system is said to be in.

#57 TheBatman

• 217 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:06 PM

is that right about candidiasis? I need to look it up then. I had tried some hydrochloric acid supplement to absorb food and it did help me feel better. I think probiotic do good for the stomach as well where 80% of out immune system is said to be in.

Yup I do so as well. I don't experience as much fatigue after eating if I make sure to get enough probiotics.

I don't know a whole lot about it, but there has been a lot of research lately about the connection between anxiety and issues with the gut. I plan on looking into it a bit more when I have some free time.

#58 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:28 AM

The whole candida thing is blown completely out of proportion.  Most people who think they have a problem with it actually do not.  The immune system is not primarily in the "stomach".

• like x 1

#59 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:34 AM

where is the immune system primarily then? Upon research I came across that 80% of it is in the gut.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#60 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:41 AM

who in here has ever tried or is familiar with agrimony?

"Agrimony (Agrimonia eupatoria) is a flower essence suggested for individuals who mask inner torment, anxieties, and worries behind a brave face; hate to be alone; avoid confronting their issues; and may suffer from insomnia accompanied by churning thoughts.This Essence helps those who appear carefree and humorous, but actually they hide behind a mask to hide their anxieties, worries and inner pain and fears. They dislike being alone and are very sociable, seeking company as a distraction. Agrimony helps them express their pain, fears and worries, moreover their cheerfulness will come from within, instead of covering up pain and worries."

I just heard about this herb today so I am still doing research on it. It was mentioned that it is good for the liver as well and is neuroprotective. My go to liver support is simply Milk Thistle. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: phobia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users