* * * * * 1 votes

is it possible not to have any fear?

phobia

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#211 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:52 PM

Not all schizotypal or schizophrenic patients hear voices, those are not necessary diagnostic criteria. Anyway, dysfunction of emotions in such individuals can literally make them incapable of feeling any fear whatsoever. I know this all too well myself.

#212 nickpao

• 4 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:52 AM

Are you talking about beta blockers?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#213 ibtisam_midlet

• 105 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 06:30 AM

do you have took benzo before? they make you completely unable to experiences fear, and the result=dis-inhibition

that's because benzo block nerve between amygdala and OFC (the part in your brain that have the ability to choose the last decision)

amygdala is the part in brain that product the fear, it needed for your safety because you can kill your self if you jumped from your the top of your home.

what you need is increasing your cognitive performance, that lead to discover something called parachute that will make able to do that safely.

drugs that make you smart will remove fear, but with safe way, without completely ignore amygdala, its an important part in your brain without it you will fail in completing easy tasks. lead to depression.

• Ill informed x 1

#214 Meggo

• 93 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 05:03 PM

Some people claim that getting Buddhist Enlightenment (Stream entry) will get rid of fear completely. The reason is that consciousness then (vinnana anidassana) will operate at a place where object recognition is turned off, therefore deleting all triggers that could lead to fear or any other emotion in the first place. A system called actual freedom also achieves that (they call it the PCE for pure consciousness experience). so if one is interested in a more "esoteric" path one could look into both of that. Also watching some videos on youtube from U.G. Krishnamurti (not jiddu k.) will give one some hints about that state. It is some form of extreme never ending flow-state. 

• Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • dislike x 1

#215 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 April 2022 - 09:44 AM

Any fear? No. As long as you have your amygdala and brain no. It is possible to reach like 99% fearless which might feel like no fear but completely no as long as were alive and well. We need fear not only for survival but mental health. Too much or too little can have negative effects. Too little fear leads to depression, bipolar etc. Excess fear can leads to anger. weakness, boredom,paranoia  etc and some might overlap with too little fear. Of course it is possible to have all these even if you have an balanced level or not if other brain parts are not well due to damage or your thoughts caused by ignorence  etc.

Edited by kurdishfella, 25 April 2022 - 09:58 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#216 Mr Serendipity

• 980 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 May 2022 - 12:04 AM

Manipulating the amygdala, using hypnosis, and having bipolar I would agree can each alter fear, it has in many of my cases.

For example sometime last year I was using a hypnotic suggestion in self hypnosis to wash away all my fears and fully trust in God. Then when I became hypomanic and my wife was away for the week at her parents, I ended up cutting down the overgrown branches of my neighbours tree that were in my garden, without any safety equipment, on top of a long ladder, on top of stone, for hours, literally risking my safety and life doing it, with something I had no experience having done before whatsoever.

So yes you can alter or get rid of fears using techniques. But at the same type if you suffer from hypomania where your inhibitions are lowered, it can become a dangerous mix.

Hell even if you don't use any techniques, if you become hypomanic, every idea is a good idea, you lack fear in the consequences, and that can cause problems (drugs, alcohol, gambling, shopping etc...).

So tread carefully with losing fears. I mean you don't want to be plagued with them, I've also suffered from severe paranoia, and I've been able to alleviate that in recent years. But the flip side isn't great either when it goes to extremes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: phobia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users