noopept - my largely negative experience

noopept anger aggression

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Eryximachus

• 74 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:18 PM

I've seen a lot of mixed information on noopept. My experiences were identical to some of the worst reviews I read, so I figured I would add a post for future readers.  I would say beware of this drug. I used it for 7 days straight at 15mg a day. 

The first day, one week ago, was fantastic.  It is very true the drug eliminates social anxiety and increases clarity of thought on a superficial level. I didn't personally experience any unusual improvement in my memory.   

Looking back over the past week, I think this drug should be avoided. It is not worth the risk.  

1) I was less productive on average this past week at work than is typical.  early in the week, it was an effect similar to amphetamine. You "feel" more productive, but you're really not.  

2) My clarity of thought has declined. My typing this moment is slower than usual and I am having trouble spelling. Writing in general has gotten worse.  I feel very "spacey".

3) My mood after a few days changed for the worst. Anger, irritability, lack of social inclinations...  Worse, I was very curt with a contact of a client, to the point the person reported back to my client that I was "negative".  This has never happened before, and made my day hell yesterday.  I am unsure what the long-term effects will be.  

This drug is serious, and I do not believe it should be used without careful consideration.  

I have tossed my remaining pills out.   

• like x 2

#2 Lobotomy

• 110 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:43 AM

Different drugs affect different people.

• like x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Sciencyst

• 272 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:07 AM

^ Different drugs do indeed affect different people. But what I think you meant was that different drugs affect different people differently. ;) I know what you meant, couldn't resist teasing.

OP, noopept is still highly under-researched and has very different affects for different folks as Lobotomy mentioned. I personally have had great results from it and regularly take several day breaks. I do not notice any physical stimulant feeling, but I am able to perform most tasks more efficiently, my anxiety declines, and my speech becomes more  fluid. For myself, it has been wonderully beneficial. This will not apply to all individuals. Drugs interact with brains, and different brains cause different effects. I'm sorry to hear you had a negative experience though. If you would like to continue trying it, start off with a very low dose, and titrate up until you get the beneficial effects, find your 'sweet' spot and keep it at that dose. Otherwise, are you taking any other supplements with it, and have you tried anything similar to noopept i.e. the racetams?

#4 Sciencyst

• 272 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:25 AM

OP, noopept is still highly under-researched and has very different affects for different folks as Lobotomy mentioned. I personally have had great results from it and regularly take several day breaks. I do not notice any physical stimulant feeling, but I am able to perform most tasks more efficiently, my anxiety declines, and my speech becomes more  fluid. For myself, it has been wonderully beneficial. This will not apply to all individuals. Drugs interact with brains, and different brains cause different effects. I'm sorry to hear you had a negative experience though. If you would like to continue trying it (edit: nvm, I see you tossed them), start off with a very low dose, and titrate up until you get the beneficial effects, find your 'sweet' spot and keep it at that dose. Otherwise, are you taking any other supplements with it, and have you tried anything similar to noopept i.e. the racetams?

Edited by katuskoti, 09 June 2014 - 04:25 AM.

#5 RPD

• 16 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:58 AM

Eryximachus, When I think too hard, too long, I get very spacey and get a head ache that won't go away until I eat eggs, sushi or rare red meat..  Depending upon what neurotransmitter resources I have depleted I crave different mixes of the three foods.  Eggs are the easy quick fix for choline deficiency.  When I eat the right thing the headache that would not respond to medication leaves almost immediately.   Maybe that will work for you.  Sometimes I go to 'Shogun' buffet to get my fix-it food and plenty of other brain food while I am at it - I don't bother to eat any thing else.  I leave with no headach and a delicious sense of well-being.  Try it and please let me know if it works for you when 'spacey'.   A friend suggested that for the sushi fix to work so fast I might have bouts of iodine deficiency. Seems likely given my low salt habits. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 Parag Barai

• 4 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:47 AM

Hi , i would like to share my negative experiance with noopept  .

i am male 49 , maried ,having 2 kids  , i have bipolar disorder 2 (no psyhotic)   curently in mild depression .Because of my bipolar 2 brain aging i need helpful nootropics so i bought noopept plus A GPC

I avoid mood stabilizers and clasic medicine drugs BECAUSE OF the  side effects and i use   alternative medication suplements  succesfuly as  NAC , ACETYLO CARNITINE FiSH OILS  ALA   VITAMIN C FOR HIPOMANIAS AND SEVERAL HERBS IN DEPRESIONS FROM TIME TO TIME AS SHISANDRA ASTRAGALOUS GINGO BILOBA AND HOMEOPATHETIC  STAPHISAGRIA...

1st day )  

i made mistake using my brand  new mg  scale and instead of 4 mg i took 40 mg plus 600mg A GPC .

After 5 min i had a fog  with anxiety a bit paranoid feeling that i m not in a good state and in mental fatigue  and i tried to find a way to relax....my mental focus deteriorated and i was in a "litle" panic"   this was for about 1-2 hours   . At night i had a bad  nightmare 

2nd day  )  

because i was influenced  by a guy in a forum who was taking  100 mg noopet  and having super focus and a "here and now " experience and staf i decided to take 70 mg  plus   A gpc  600 mg (. both days i took also 2-3 tablets lecithine and ate 1-2 egs) Now i had the same stressfull feeling a bad sence of my self , fog and plus mental fatigue  .i was in same "litle"  panic trying to find out a way to  relax-calm  ...any way this lasted for about an hour and after 2-3 hours i had a bit good consetration  and some hopefull sighns    i was reading for 2 hours before sleep researches  and at night i got a huge mental fatigue that dropped me in a fearfull fog  mental fatigue and  anxiety , i was feeling  as if it was going to happen something bad to me.as to faint ... i took 2 magnesium capsules and slowly slowly after i got  litle better but i had insomnia all night and agitation   

3d day )

i thought  that these big dosages are bad for me so i did not take any for 4 days and after when  i was sure i was ok and back to normal   I TRIED 10 MG AND 2-3 lecithine capsules.  AFTER 3-5  MIN  same bad side effects anxiety agitation mental fatigue   litle panic   .. i went out and bought magnesium chelate   and tried to buy a blood pressure mashine but did not find any cheap.  After taking 2  tablets Magnesium  chelate i relaxed ALOT  in about 5-10 min .   At night i had same bad side effects but i took magnesium again and relaxed again pretty fast  plus i should mention here that i had all afternoon an increased sexual desire and i was litle obsessed     :)

Now i am afraid to take any more BUT  from the other hand i read all those good effects that other people  have and i wonder if i have  to insist a litle more with lower dosages 3-4 mg and no other suplement   as i wonder maybe there is an interaction between Q10 or l acetylo cysteine or l acetylo carnitine that i m taking too       thanks for reading.           i FORGOT to say that one day before the last 10 mg i took strong gingo capsule with brahmi and had similar bad effects even if other times i m using gingo safely and with good effects on me. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noopept, anger, aggression

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users