Shelf life of my C60

c60 shelflife

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Aurel

• 184 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:33 PM

I wanted to start taking c60oo on a regular basis in the next few weeks. I actually still have to full bottles of it. These I have bought in november 2013. BUT i hadnt put them in a completly dark shelf. They were standing in a normal room, no direct sunlight; and are packaged in the brown bottles.

Now I wonder if I still can use them without the danger of any toxic material which c60 seems to produce in light?

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:12 PM

You're probably ok if the bottles are well-sealed, since the brown glass will absorb most of the UV.  I had a homemade batch that was stored very unwisely- in fact, it just about couldn't have been worse- clear glass, 750ml bottle with a large air space, "sealed" with a cork, and although it was kept in a dimly lit place, it was neither dark nor cold.  That batch lost its anti-eczema property in about 4-6 months.  Some of the other effects were still maintained.  I now store my homebrew oil in small amber glass bottles with polyseal caps, filled all the way to the top, in a freezer.  Kind of the opposite extreme.   I doubt that you have any toxic material that you need to worry about.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Aurel

• Topic Starter
  • 184 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:22 PM

Thank you niner.

I am working myself trough the forum right now, and I have to say that I find your posts always very insightfull and of much value.

• like x 1

#4 montana2012

• 75 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:30 PM

How hard is it to mix C60 with olive oil at home?

Edited by montana2012, 16 September 2014 - 06:36 PM.

#5 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:41 PM

Just thought I should mention this here... so I noticed that, over time, it seems like more and more of my c60oo sticks to the bottle in little clumps (C60 aggregates, presumably), mainly because the surface area available for such adhesion increases as the bottle drains with use. So I've started shaking the bottle before each dose. It seems to me that this might explain some of the waning effects with time (but is probably not the primary explanation). In other words, the inside of the bottle acts like a "magnet", pulling C60 out of solution/colloid.

#6 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:41 PM

Just thought I should mention this here... so I noticed that, over time, it seems like more and more of my c60oo sticks to the bottle in little clumps (C60 aggregates, presumably), mainly because the surface area available for such adhesion increases as the bottle drains with use. So I've started shaking the bottle before each dose. It seems to me that this might explain some of the waning effects with time (but is probably not the primary explanation). In other words, the inside of the bottle acts like a "magnet", pulling C60 out of solution/colloid.

It might be the case that the oil is oxidizing, although that seems unlikely. I really don't think that you're seeing c60 being pulled out of solution. It's not actually in solution as c60, but rather is chemically bonded to one of the fatty acid chains on the olive oil triglyceride. One way to solve this problem of junk formation (which I've never observed, personally) would be to split a fresh batch up into smaller containers representing 2-4 weeks worth, and freeze the ones you won't be using for a while. You might be seeing an artifact of frequent bottle opening. Storage works better if you dose less frequently with correspondingly larger amounts.

#7 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:02 PM

It might be the case that the oil is oxidizing, although that seems unlikely. I really don't think that you're seeing c60 being pulled out of solution. It's not actually in solution as c60, but rather is chemically bonded to one of the fatty acid chains on the olive oil triglyceride. One way to solve this problem of junk formation (which I've never observed, personally) would be to split a fresh batch up into smaller containers representing 2-4 weeks worth, and freeze the ones you won't be using for a while. You might be seeing an artifact of frequent bottle opening. Storage works better if you dose less frequently with correspondingly larger amounts.

I actually thought it was C60 aggregates that somehow never did end up dissolving enough to become c60oo. But since you've never observed this, I decided to have a closer look. Turns out that's it's an optical illusion, wherein the brown bottle makes it look like "dirt", but it's actually micro bubbles of long half life. Since I've never seen this in normal olive oil, I figured it was C60 aggregates. Mystery solved!

Nonetheless thanks for the storage idea. Freezing makes good sense.

#8 bosharpe

• 239 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:06 PM

I'm planning to buy a couple of years supply from Carbon60oliveoil. Should I store what i wont use up in the first 6 months in the freezer?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60, shelflife

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users