Prolintane HCl

prolintane dopamine noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor amphetamine experience

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Shulginstestsubject

• 53 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:15 AM

Hello,

The other day I had recieved an order I'd made for 300mg Prolintane HCl.

studies:

http://onlinelibrary...50F8F723.f02t04

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC1430138/

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/6471970

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/17725890

the vendor itself has references listed, but I don't quite know how to hunt those down.

Here is the information verbatim from the vendor's page:

Prolintane hydrochloride (Katovit, Promotil), 0.3 Grams, ≥98%
Chemical Information:
CAS Number:    1211-28-5
Purity:    ≥98%
Molecular Weight:    253.81 g/mol
Melting Point:    130-134°C
Molecular Formula:    C15H23N
Synonyms:     Prolintane hydrochloride; Prolintan; 1-(1-Benzylbutyl)pyrrolidine hydrochloride; 1-(alpha-Propylphenethyl)pyrrolidine hydrochloride; 1-Phenyl-2-N-pyrrolidinopentane hydrochloride; 1-Phenyl-2-pyrrolidinopentane hydrochloride; Catovit; Catovitan; H 246; Katovit; Katovit hydrochloride; NSC 169914; Phenyl-2-pyrrolidinopentane hydrochloride; Prolintane HCl; Promotil; Pyrrolidine, 1-(1-(phenylmethyl)butyl)-, hydrochloride; Pyrrolidine, 1-(1-benzylbutyl)-, hydrochloride; SP 732; Vilescon; Villescon; Pyrrolidine, 1-(alpha-propylphenethyl)-, hydrochloride; 1-(1-phenylpentan-2-yl)pyrrolidine hydrochloride (1:1)
PubChem CID:    14591
SMILES:    CCCC(N1CCCC1)CC2=CC=CC=C2

Technical Information:
Application:    Prolintane is a norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitor with mild stimulant effects in vivo.
Appearance:    White or off-white powder
Physical State:    Solid
Solubility:    Soluble in water, methanol and DMSO.
Storage:    Store at room temperature or cooler, in a sealed airtight container, protected from heat, light and humidity.
Stability:    Stable for at least two years when stored as above.

Biochemical Activity:

Prolintane hydrochloride is a mild central nervous system stimulant that has been marketed in Europe since the 1960s as an antidepressant (i.e. antifatigue) and analeptic1. It is used in neuroscience studies and in research related to CNS stimulants with reduced side effects.

Prolintane has been used therapeutically in Africa, Europe and Australia for the treatment of narcolepsy and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), to ameliorate the effects of senile dementia and age-related cognitive decline, and as a tonic to increase motivation and reduce fatigue. Typical adult therapeutic doses of prolintane are 10-40 mg daily.

In therapeutic trials, 20 mg prolintane was found to have a mild stimulant effect equivalent to approximately 100 mg caffeine.2 The use of therapeutic doses of prolintane was associated with a subjective feeling of improved concentration and decreased fatigue.3

In a study of fatigued volunteers, the administration of 20 mg or 40 mg prolintane produced similar, but less intense effects than 20 mg d-amphetamine.4

In experimental studies of healthy volunteers, prolintane had little cardiovascular activity following the administration of a single dose of 20 mg.5 This dose slightly improved performance on some mental tasks. The good safety profile of prolintane was judged to make prolintane suitable for use in elderly people.

In volunteer studies, the administration of 20 mg or 40 mg or prolintane increased wakefulness and improved performance on some perceptual and arithmetic tasks in fatigued individuals.6

The following LD50 values were determined in animal toxicity testing for prolintane:7

mouse   LD50   oral   230mg/kg
mouse   LD50   intraperitoneal   66mg/kg
mouse   LD50   intravenous   25mg/kg

rat   LD50   oral   278mg/kg
rat   LD50   subcutaneous   142mg/kg
rat   LD50   intraperitoneal   78mg/kg
rat   LD50   intravenous   40mg/kg
References:

1. Barceloux DG. "Medical Toxicology of Drug Abuse: Synthesized Chemicals and Psychoactive Plants". 1st ed. Wiley; 2012: 69-71.
    2. McGuinness BW. (1965) "A therapeutic trial of prolintane". Practitioner 195: 363-365.
    3. Newbold GF (1974). "Prolintane in debility and fatigue: report of a trial among college students in Cardiff". Practitioner 213: 868-870.
    4. Hollister, L. E.; Gillespie, H. K. (1970). "A new stimulant, prolintane hydrochloride, compared with dextroamphetamine in fatigued volunteers". The Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 10 (2): 103–109. doi:10.1177/009127007001000205. PMID 4392006
    5. Kuitunen, T.; Kärkkäinen, S.; Ylitalo, P. (1984). "Comparison of the acute physical and mental effects of ephedrine, fenfluramine, phentermine and prolintane". Methods and Findings in Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology 6 (5): 265–270. PMID 6471970
    6. Nicholson, A. N.; Stone, B. M.; Jones, M. M. (1980). "Wakefullness and reduced rapid eye movement sleep: Studies with prolintane and pemoline". British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 10 (5): 465–472. PMC 1430138. PMID 7437258

7. Oyo Yakuri. Pharmacometrics. Vol. 9, Pg. 601, 1975.

Okay, as you've likely read, it's a mild dopamine and noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor. I've read people comparing it to ephedrine. I've read people saying it's comparable in effect to dexedrine. I had to taste it for myself because I've been feeling extra fatigued as of late and it's become difficult to motivate myself to my full capacity AND I just got a promotion AND I'm going back to school so I want a stimulant to fall back on when I need it.

I used to use a lot of opiates, amphetamines, and benzodiazepines, but I no longer do. I still smoke marijuana and drink on the weekends.

Typically I drink a lot of coffee and smoke a lot of cigarettes.

Otherwise I'm in good health. I eat as healthy as I can, take a "from the earth" multivitamin, and I exercise A LOT. I either walk or run between 4 and 6 miles every other day.

I am male, 5'11'', 24 years old, and about 150 lbs.

Experience: I am posting about my experiences with Prolintane HCl because there is BARELY any information about this compound that I could find. So after dosing about 35mg from the liquide/tincture solution I had made, the initial response manifests between 20 and 45 minutes after administration. Once the drug has taken effect, I felt my heart working a bit harder. My response to the drug seemed a bit anxiogenic rather than euphoric. Also, I should note that I experienced a local anesthetic effect under my tounge immediately after ingestion. As far as ADHD efficacy I felt as if it had some positive impact. The QUALITY of my work seemed up to my full potential, but lacked the stimulant OCD perfectionist performance-enhancing effect. The speed at which I approached my work I don't think changed that much. I was perhaps working a bit faster, but nothing dramatic. Although one thing I didn't like was that I think the slight anxiogenic response was distracting me a bit and it felt like it took longer to mentally fully immerse myself in my work. Once hour after the 35mg dose locomotor stimulation was inconsistent and my hands were TREMBLING. Our time clock at work has fingerprint biometric authentication reader and I noticed that as placed my finger on the reader, the rest of my hand appeard to have parkinson's disease. I felt as though I was at the top of my normal socialization capabilities. I was not overly social like one would be after having taken a large dose of dextroamphetamine. I was not a chatty Cathy, but my listening-responding execution was at the top of my normal capabilities. The drug is sexually stimulating between 45 and 150 minutes after administration. No pupil dilation noticed. Urge to redose was there but not super intense, I took another 35-ish mg throught the day. As far as mood goes, the drug doesn't necessarily make me feel happier. I feel a bit more motivated, but nothing intense. This drug will, however, significantly delay my "time to caffeine consumption". Also, this drug does not suppress the appetite.

I want to take at least a 50mg dose at once to see what happens. The cardioload, although present, wasn't really all that dramatic. I'm hoping the anxiogenisis isn't dose dependant, but I feel like a higher dose will make me more anxious *shrug* ... we'll see. I'm looking for EYE-POPPING goodness, pupil dilation, consistent locomotor stimulation, and significant mood enhancement.

I'll also probably end up combining the drug with alcohol.

Please post any questions, experiences, comments, concerns, or suggestions. Thanks!!

• like x 4

#2 Steve Zissou

• 91 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:30 PM

Thanks for sharing your experince, I look forward to reading more of your updates.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Shulginstestsubject

• Topic Starter
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:23 AM

Well, as a whole so far, I'm a bit disappointed in Prolintane. I wish I could've found a study that tells the percentage of dopamine transporter occupancy/inhibition. As far as keeping you awake and functional it's good. One can definitely make use out of this compound, but it just doesn't realy elevate my mood the way I thought it would. I do have to say that while I'm on it, I'm not in a BAD mood. It just doesn't carry the mood elevation that I thought it would. Also, like I said, it is a bit anxiogenic. I was in the shower and I closed my eyes to wash my hair and for some reason I couldn't tilt my head back and wash my hair for very long. I started to feel dizzy and my heart started racing :/ If anybody has any insights into dosing/ usage of prolintane, please share :) I kinda want to make the last 100mg count haha.

I chose to sample this drug because of it's alleged safety profile and I was interested in it's mechanism of action. Seemed like the perfect thing to try, but I think I'd like a compound that's much less anxiogenic, more mood elevating, and that carries the actual stimulant PUSH. Any recommendations?

Also, if anybody has any questions about my experience with this drug, please don't hesitate to ask :)

Edited by Shulginstestsubject, 21 June 2014 - 04:24 AM.

#4 yuller

• 7 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:45 AM

some of those studies look a bit shaky

#5 chris106

• 292 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:55 PM

Seemed like the perfect thing to try, but I think I'd like a compound that's much less anxiogenic, more mood elevating, and that carries the actual stimulant PUSH. Any recommendations?

You might want to try one of the various -afinils, if you haven't allready. Tianeptine is also a nice addition to caffeine, gives you the needed mood-boost. Only thing that sucks is the low half life (3 hours at best) and rather fast tollerance build up. I can only use it half of the week, so it has to be cycled.

Also, Theanine and/or Ashwagandha make any anxiogenic stimulant less anxiogenic, a combination you might want to try while you still have some Prolintane left.
Taurine might work for this aspect as well.

Please do report back if it helps! :)

Edited by chris106, 14 September 2014 - 01:55 PM.

#6 branbrain

• 7 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:42 PM

Did anybody try to order prolintate to UK? 

#7 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:27 PM

What are Your thoughts actually on Pemoline ?

Just asking I dont want to perusade anyone, because liver toxicity can cause bleedings and chain reaction in the body which could even affect the brain.

Edited by Flex, 25 October 2014 - 09:27 PM.

#8 Sciencyst

• 272 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:49 PM

This matches my experience with prolintane. It feels like Ritalyn with all negative effects cranked up to the max, and positive effects extremely watered down. Very anxiogenic and the stimulatory effect is really not very helpful. It serves only to make one anxious and not motivated IME. Overall prolintane is a waste of time and I would prefer caffeine over it any day.

As for attempting to get eye-popping goodness, it's difficult to achieve with prolintane and the side-effects will overpower any euphoria.

#9 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:38 AM

ok i was checking this one on newmind versus amfonelic acid also on newmind, im still curious if anyone else has experimented with it and has anything new to report???

#10 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 June 2017 - 05:13 AM

any new reports on this one please, its very hard to find anything regarding this interesting chemical, even sources are scarce :(

#11 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:52 PM

Hmm! I must say, this caught my eyes as well - might be a legal option for me, for the treatment of Sluggish Cognitive Tempo, ADHD and occupational burnout.

But what's the pharmacology? Wikipedia only mentions how it's a NOREPINEPHRINE-dopamine Reuptake Inhibitor - so similar in that regard to Methylphenidate, but with less euphoric properties.

In theory, if this compound is more selective towards norepinephrine, it could be more effective in the treatment of SCT than Methylphenidate or Amphetamine.

#12 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 June 2017 - 07:02 PM

hi, how is it a legal option for you? i cant find a source anywhere and it seems to be banned substance now. can you elaborate, im willing to split an order with you if possible to get it delivered to US somehow thanks

#13 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 June 2017 - 01:34 PM

hi, how is it a legal option for you? i cant find a source anywhere and it seems to be banned substance now. can you elaborate, im willing to split an order with you if possible to get it delivered to US somehow thanks

I'm sorry mate, but I'm in a completely different jurisdiction - the rules are different here. You do make me think about checking if the drugs is banned now - so cheers for the idea! = )

I'm afraid that because of my location I have no will to send a potentially illegal compound - packages between the EU and USA do get checked more than packages within the USA or EU, as I understand it.

• Disagree x 1

#14 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:19 AM

stink, thats ok i dont ask for anything really except, where did you see it being sold online? thats just it

#15 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:41 AM

stink, thats ok i dont ask for anything really except, where did you see it being sold online? thats just it

I think there was a misunderstanding - I never actually said that I saw it sold anywhere - I have no idea where to obtain it, other than through a custom-synthesis group buy.

#16 Sciencyst

• 272 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:57 AM

Prolinate, under the name of Katovit can be found on eBay. It's orally inactive, though. And is very caustic when applied via other ROAs.

#17 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:11 PM

if its not orally bioavailable then whats the point of using it, are you saying it should be injected only?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#18 Sciencyst

• 272 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 08:27 PM

Sorry for the necro-bump. Prolintane only worked for me when taken intranasally, but it burned very badly.

Edited by UltraCitron, 04 June 2020 - 08:28 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: prolintane, dopamine, noradrenaline, reuptake, inhibitor, amphetamine, experience

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users