- - - - -

Sudden Complete Insomnia

insomnia sudden insomnia cant fall asleep ambien lunesta

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 wolfram9999

• 13 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:03 PM

Hey folks. Newbie here (well, former lurker) with newfound, sudden onset of insomnia.
Male, 32.
Started with feeling increasingly amped up over the course of a week with varying sleep quality. Stopped caffiene. Then, on the night of Sunday 6/1, stopped sleeping entirely. Started feeling myself jump awake (mentally, not physically) when sleep began to come.
Didn't sleep for four days and then got an Ambien prescription, 10 mg. Took it on and off for two weeks...
When it worked, I got 6 hours at max (only twice), or as low as none.
Would not sleep more than an hour at most (sometimes not at all) on the days I didn't take it.
Toward end of second week, stopped working entirely.
This is the third week with no sleep. Saw the doc again on Wednesday and got a new prescription for lunesta, 3mg. First night, worked great. Felt myself falling asleep (unlike ambien which just blacked me out eventually). Felt a little drugged the day after but it was workable. Last night, took 3/4 of the lunesta. Could clearly feel it working but never fell asleep. Mind kept running and wouldn't shut up, same issue as I've had the last three weeks...
History: high blood pressure, taking lisinopril, last 8 months or so.
Testosterone replacement therapy, taking t cypionate, biweekly injections for last 2.5 mounts or so.
Current high or abnormal tests:
T levels now in mid-500s
Estradiol high at 106.
Hematocrit and hemoglobin levels just over normal.
Norepinephrine elevated at 414 (highest end of normal is 444 I think).
Any thoughts or help are appreciated. Going a bit Looney Tunes given I'm working on an average of 1 hr sleep per night these days.

Xposted from introductions thread. Thanks everyone... Appreciate your help!!

#2 wolfram9999

• Topic Starter
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:05 PM

Ah, should say, doc ordered the metanephrine urine test to rule out adrenal tumors, but seems to think nothing of how close to the high mark the norepi results were, and looks at me crazy when I ask if it could be the result of the T supp. But given how fast this all happened, very soon after I really stated feeling the full effects of the T... Can't help but think they might be related...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Raza

• 454 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:01 PM

Have you tried restarting caffeine? I've noticed it improving my sleep before, provided I quit early enough in the day.

#4 adamh

• 1,013 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:49 PM

Insomnia is a curse and baring a few physical problems that may cause it, there seems to be no cure for the severe forms. Drugs are a dead end, do not continue with ambien, lunesta, or similar z drugs. They have a nasty side effect profile as well as being addictive and no longer working at all after a while. They are only good in the short run, very short run. Likewise with benzos, they work for a while then get you addicted. Withdrawal from long term benzo or z drug use is a nightmare, worse than opiate wd's according to many who have experienced both. You can have paws, post withdrawal symptoms, years after stopping a long term benzo habit or ambien so don't let it go long term.

I have been searching for a cure for years and I'm convinced there is no magic cure, certainly not in a pill or powder. There are things that help you sleep that are not too harmful but most of them are too weak to do much. I hope you find a cause for your insomnia and fix it because if its idiopathic you may have it for life. Look into cbt-i, its hard to do but some people have found results. I find staying up until I'm ready to sleep works or helps. If you lay down and see its no use, get back up until you feel sleepy again. Laying in bed trying to will yourself asleep never works. Other good things are relaxation, magnesium, a few other herbs but they quit working after a while so rotation is good. Mirtazapine is great, once a week. Get a high dose tablet and cut it into fractions. I found that 2mg will knock me out. Seroquel is good, 12 to 25mg but no more than once a week. Look into sleep hygiene.

#5 wolfram9999

• Topic Starter
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:58 PM

Raza - Haven't done that per orders of the sleep doc, but considered it. Haven't even had a decaf cup in over three weeks since it does contain some caffeine, but broke down this morning and had some decaf with a bagel. Man I miss coffee! Actually, now that I think about it, I did have several cups of tea at a Chinese restaurant the weekend after this started... Afterward I had a definite elevated heart rate and didn't feel good the rest of the day. I'd almost forgotten that. Also, I believe the onset of the insomnia happened after two or so weeks of my upping my caffeine intake, so I didn't want to head down that path in case that was a factor.

Edited by wolfram9999, 21 June 2014 - 06:09 PM.

#6 wolfram9999

• Topic Starter
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:05 PM

Adamh - Oh, I really am not liking these z drugs already. Ambien/zolpidem just knocking me out and not really feeling rested after... Only giving me a few hours of sleep if that... And losing efficacy after just a few days.
The Lunesta/esozopiclone seemed really good that first night but felt drugged the second day and then completely ineffectual the second night I tried it... Blah.
However, I have not really slept without them, so they have been a necessary evil. I only took the ambien to begin with because it had been four days without sleep and I had a bounding heartbeat, felt nauseous, just awful all around. It helped a bit after a few days of sleep. Doc also prescribed propranolol for anxiety attacks but I hear bad mojo about it as well.

#7 scarredforlife

• 7 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:23 PM

Maybe Pregabalin could help you, although it's also not a long term solution - but certainly better than Z-benzos in terms of sleep quality and tolerance.

#8 Tom_

• 1,120 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:00 PM

Sudden onset severe insomnia at ages past late teens is almost always linked to a major psycho-social stressor (like a death, divorce, break-up etc...). Less 'major' but chronic stress can also be a cause with a sudden onset. The only common 'physical' causes is substance misuse/drug induced (nearly always stimulants), withdrawal from a drug, re-bound insomnia from another sedative or acute onset moderate to severe pain. You are sleeping more than you think you are. You will likely be dropping off for at least another 2-3 hours (possiblely very broken) and there will also be microsleeps, this is called sleep-state misterpreration and happens to all of us but the worse ones sleep is the more pronouned it comes. The good news is, sudden onset insomnia like this doesn't tend to last much longer than you have already suffered. Believe me when I say I know what it's like.

There are three aspects to your lack of sleep. What ever is the orgional causal factor. Sleep state misinterperation and anxiety/stress over your inability to sleep. They all feed into each other making the problem worse.

Your best choice is a Z-drug combined with very strict sleep hyegine. Zaleplon distrupts sleep architecture much less than other Z/Benzo drugs, appears to be somewhat less addictive, cause less day-time sedation than longer acting drugs and is effective at decreasing time to sleep and like other Z-drugs is more likely than benzo's to maintain effectiveness long-term (although all efforts to avoid long term use should be made and this is a last line option).

Sleep hygine being a significant part of CBT-I (CBT for insomnia) and in most cases the most important part, is vital in combating insomnia. Most of it is self evident but not always done. The important thing is following strictly.

• Set a 'bed time' that allows for at least 8 hours of sleep (before you need to be up), whether or not you are getting that sleep and set a time to get up at, no matter how little sleep you got or how tired you feel. The bed time should start no earlier than 9pm and should end no later than 9am.
  • 1.5-2 hours before bed time have a cool down period. Don't use screens that are close to your face (TV is acceptable for example, while a laptop isn't), no bright lights, don't do anything stimulating in that time (such as watch a horror movie or going for a run) and activities that are relaxing are even better such as taking a warm shower or bath, meditating, reading etc..Avoid thinking about difficult problems, stresses and the like during this period as much as possible. One effective way to help is to make a list of all the things that are bothering you at the start of the cool down period, solve what you can and then 'put it out of your mind'. If problems find there way in, accept they have but don't engage with them and either think of something else or do an activity. If you have to do it a thousand times a night, you do, quite quickly you will become adept at avoiding thinking about worries.
  • Only use your bed and bedroom (bedroom where absoutely possible) to sleep in and for sexual activity (mastubating/sex) only.
  • Try to ensure you get AT LEAST 2 hours of exposure to bright light in a day and one of those hours is reasonably early in the morning 7-8am.
  • Ensure your sleeping area is as comftable as possible, is dark and quite.
  • When you go to bed and find you can't get to sleep stay in bed trying to get to sleep for 25-30 minutes (use guess work, don't keep a clock near you, so you don't end up watching/worrying about the hours of sleep sliping away, which only makes the problem worse). If you don't drop off leave the room and do something un-stimulating in a faily dark room (read a book, have a wank, meditate - what ever appeals to you). When you feel tired or after 20 minutes go to bed. Rince and repeat, even if you do it the whole night.
  • Don't drink booze or eat a large meal 2-3 hours before bed time.
  • Avoid napping during the day like the plague. The only time you should fall asleep during the day is if you physically can't keep yourself awake. If possible have someone wake you up the second they notice you dropping off...preferably loudly or in another surprising way.
  • Avoid nicotine as much as you can 4 hours before bed (caffeine the same), prescribed stimulants shouldn't be taken 6 hours before bed, illicit stimulants should be avoided all together. Supplement stimulants should be avoided but if you insist then no later than 6 hours before bed.
  • Rigorous exercise in the morning to late afternoon with at least 20 mins is useful (although when extremely tired it may be impossible to do). Yoga is another reasonable alternative. Very gental yoga may be used in your cool down time.

If the Z-drugs don't work then the next most useful class of drugs are histamine antagonist antidepressants. They tend not to have a withdrawal syndrome, are effective and can be combined with other drugs as well as being non-addictive. They have the added benefit of treating major depressive disorder and anxiety disorders which appear it upwards of 80% of primary insomnias: 50-250mg of standard release trazadone, 15-30mg Mirtazapine or Trimipramine 10-50mg. The next line is antipsychotic treatment. Quetiapine 25-150mg standard release or olanzepine 2-5mg. After that a combination of benzo/Z-drug and sedative antidepressant is best. Followed by trials of Pregabalin or Gabapentin and first gen antipsychotics (known incorrectly as major tranquilesers by some, while some of the drugs in the class are not strong sedatives at all) barbituiates and finally Opiates (Typically various combinations are tried after trials of pregabalin and gabapentin and typical anti-psychotics - its almost unheard of for insomnia treated with effective and followed sleep hygine (CBT-I where nessary) and a second line drug not to work).

First Gen sedative antihistamines (diphenhydramine and a few others with similar names) can be effective in the extremely short term but tend not to work for more than a few days. Using Diphenhydramine at 25-50mg intermintantly is often a good idea.

• like x 1

#9 arvcondor

• 96 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:37 AM

OP, this happened to me a couple of years ago and the worst thing I did was A) freak out and B) start using Z-drugs.

Literally, the same thing. I would be falling asleep and snap back awake with a rush of adrenaline as soon as I felt myself about to enter the next sleep stage.

My advice right now would be to try diphenhydramine. I overlooked it during this experience because it's OTC and thought it would just make me drowsy, but it turned out to be the most effective option. Try 50mg and see what happens. Once you get back into a good sleep schedule, you probably won't be amped up anymore.

Let us know what happens.

#10 Geoffrey

• 218 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:21 AM

No-one has mentioned melatonin? It puts me out like a light, and is natural and non-addictive. It fully counteracts the effects of modafinil if I've got any of that sloshing around my system from taking it earlier in the day. Sorry if this is too obvious / basic.

#11 arvcondor

• 96 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:53 AM

It's a fair point to make, though. One of the idiotic things I did during my bout of insomnia was forgo all the obvious/basic things that would have been really effective and wound up going crazier than I had to.

#12 Tom_

• 1,120 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:59 AM

Melatonin doesn't actually have a particually strong evidence base.

#13 Geoffrey

• 218 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:21 PM

Melatonin doesn't actually have a particually strong evidence base.

Neither do the nootropics as regards cognitive improvement in healthy people. Each individual has to find out by trial and error whether melatonin works for him/her. You'll find plenty of people who swear by it as a sleeping aid, or (classically) to help adjust to time zone changes. As I say, it puts me out like a light absolutely consistently: stops my mind racing at night (I can feel the thoughts calming and melting away) and almost completely counteracts the effects of (r-)modafinil. However, my partner has never responded to it, and on the few occasions she has tried it, when suffering from insomnia, she's blamed it for producing the sleeplessness she was trying to cure in the first place. So yes, I agree, like the nootropics, it works wonderfully for some and not at all for others. Strange things, brains.

#14 Tom_

• 1,120 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:15 PM

Which is generally why I am generally against nootropics.

Use what has been shown to work before drugs that are not studied well for side effects, effiacy etc..

• dislike x 2

#15 wolfram9999

• Topic Starter
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:41 PM

To Tom and arvcondor:

I've definitely been trying to follow the CBT recommendations of my sleep doc, which is primarily what you laid out and what I've seen and read online. I can't say that it helps, terribly, because for the most part that's the sort of thing I would do anyway, but yeah. No caffeine in weeks, keeping it bright in the day and turning off the lights gradually at night, no screens after a certain time... All of it for the most part. Doc said no to all screens, including tv, but I found that I find TV more helpful than reading because it's more mindless for me vs. reading which requires more actual thought.

I will say... I'm not sure about the whole getting up from bed idea. I did that for a little over a week and ended up feeling much worse the next day when I didn't sleep, than when I just laid down in bed. I think when I just lay there, I might have a better chance of falling into a kind of sleep than getting up and breaking the already fragile balance as it is. The last several days I've not gotten up from bed and feel much better.

Have not been exercising in the morning because work is quite far away, nearly an hour from home which digs into my available time in the AM. Have done some early evening exercising, around 6 pm or so when I get home. Not every day as sometimes life gets in the way, but more so than before.

In terms of meds, this weekend was actually the first time I tried the diphenhydramine, in the form of Tylenol PM. (Before starting Ambien, I had taken Nyquil, melatonin, and a Neuro Sleep drink all to no avail) Took two of the Tylenol PM (which had 50 mg combined) on Friday night. Seemed to work, kind of? I know I must have slept that night because there are definite nights when I keenly feel the passing of time, very slowly. That night seemed to move faster than most and there were hours that I know I missed.

Saturday night I did the same. Much less of an effect. Got really drowsy and stayed that way all night. Just laid down in bed... When I did try to get up I was very woozy so I only went to the restroom and went back down. Time passed very slowly... Racing thoughts, not so much anxious but just couldn't shut the brain up.

Sunday night, decided to re-attempt the Ambien. Felt quite sleepy around 10:30, but that's usually too early for my clock and the doc suggested I not yet to go to sleep too early if I'm used to a midnight-1AM sleep time. So I waited another 40 or so and called it quits, took the Ambien 10 mg and laid down. Took a while... Not sure how long but probably an hour or so and then I was out. Woke up around 5:30.

Will do another "off night" with just the PM tonight to see how I fare. Four days in a row is the longest stretch I did on an Rx med last week and I don't want to do that again since it's obvious it kills the effect of the med.

#16 wolfram9999

• Topic Starter
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:43 PM

Oh, and regarding melatonin... In my experience it makes me really sleepy but she's nothing to quiet my mind or make me actually fall asleep. The doc suggested I take it around 9 pm to help reset my body clock but I think I'm going to stop, given that I've not seen a difference using it vs. Not using it and I'd rather have as little medicine in me as possible.

#17 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:43 PM

Get into meditation. I can't promise it will help you sleep but while your trying to sleep if you can get into deep meditative states it will act almost the same as sleep and you won't feel as fogged up and out of it when sleeping. I used to be someone who always needed 8 hours to feel normal but lately have onlyh been needing about 5 when doing meditation. Its worth a try. It will make lying in bed and not being able to sleep much more peaceful too and it will increase your chances of falling asleep. You could do it lying on your back.

It could be your body adjusting to higher Test levels. Even though you've been on the Cypionate for 2.5 months perhaps your levels are continuing to rise to the point where its difficult to sleep. I have developed some insomnia now that I raised my test levels pretty high with various natural herbs, diet and No Fap.

Do you feel happy? How is your mood aside from being tired from not sleeping.

Ever thought about Trazadone? Its one of the few that knocks people out without addiction. SOme feel drowsy the next day others don't. I know it acts on Neurotransmitters and isn't completely safe but it would probably be safer than any gaba binding drug like benzos or ambien

Edited by Introspecta, 23 June 2014 - 09:49 PM.

#18 adamh

• 1,013 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:50 PM

I will repeat my warning about z drugs and benzos, stay far away from them. They are only good for rare instances. I quit using them and might use one every 6 months now.

As for mirtazapine, that is on my list of things I use. It always works but I recommend not using 15 to 30mg. That will work but is an overdose. I've cut my dose down to nearly 1mg and it still knocks me out. Not always the most restful sleep but once a week I will get my sleep. Other things that work are cannabis, you want the indica type, not the sativa type. I bake into cookies which makes it more mellow and sleep inducing. I use seroquel 2x per week now at a dose of around 6mg which is very low. I figure use less and avoid tolerance a little bit.

Other things that help are theanine, agmatine, valerian root and melatonin. You will get a tolerance to each if you use them every day. Trazadone does little to me but it works for some people. 

#19 Tom_

• 1,120 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:04 PM

Mirtazapine at 15-30 is not an overdose. Its maximum approved dosage is 45mg. Case studies show it to be effective and safe for depression at doses as high as 120mg.

Combination therapy is certainly reasonable. Combining Zolpidem 5mg with 25mg of Diphenhydramine (the diphenhydramine every 2-3 days) is a good and reasonable possibility. I don't think melatonin is worth the risk (very poor sleep is a big risk factor for depression) and melatonin can cause depression.

Getting out of bed at a set time isn't going to make you feel amazing. In fact its going to make you feel much much fucking worse...in the short run. You might as well not bother with sleep hygine if you don't set a rigid down and up time. Its quite possible the reason you aren't getting much improvement from the sleep hygine is that very reason (not getting up at the same time).

#20 wolfram9999

• Topic Starter
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:23 PM

Get into meditation.

It could be your body adjusting to higher Test levels.

Do you feel happy? How is your mood aside from being tired from not sleeping.

Ever thought about Trazadone?

Meditation: Any recommendations for newbies? I tried just clearing my mind on my own, but turns out I'm not great at it. Lol

T levels and feelings: I'm pretty convinced it's the T, so I've decided to go off it in order to help better assess my situation. I certainly felt more motivated on the T, but I think that's backfiring in a number of ways. I'd rather be a bit of a bum than completely mad from lack of sleep. Emotionally, I'm up and down. Two months before this hit, I went through a breakup and it hurt bad but didn't influence my sleep. I stayed on the T, had actually only started toward the end up my breakup, because I did feel better sexually. I started to get over the breakup, was talking to some new people, yadda yadda. Some work stress hit around the time I stopped sleeping but certainly nothing more than I've had in the past and it's been well resolved since then. I was hitting the caffeine pretty late at night two weeks before I stopped sleeping, just was drinking too much iced tea. The reason I feel the T had been the biggest factor is because the less I slept, especially in that last week before I stopped sleeping, the more sexually charged I felt.
Now, since the insomnia, I can't get it up for crap. Well, it happens, but only rarely. Worse than before the T.

I thought tradazone was one of the benzos. It's not?

#21 wolfram9999

• Topic Starter
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:36 PM

I will repeat my warning about z drugs and benzos

mirtazapine
Other things that work are cannabis, you want the indica type
seroquel

Other things that help are theanine, agmatine, valerian root and melatonin. You will get a tolerance to each if you use them every day. Trazadone does little to me but it works for some people. 

Trying to stay away from the z drugs but also trying to stay sane. The more I go without sleep, like the almost four days last week with only a few hours in total, the more I can feel myself starting to break. I really don't want to end up in a nut house. Of you can help point me to what you did to help curb your insomnia problem, I'd be very grateful for sure.

I need to research the other drugs you and others have mentioned. As for me, no cannibis for work reasons and the smell is revolting to me. It's not legal here in the slightest. Texas yay!

I already mentioned how I feel on melatonin but Valerian was very similar. I forgot to say I had tried that as well, but it just made me feel calm physically but my mind was still buzzing like a fly on a hot day.

Is theanine the same as L-theanine? Also, what about L-tryptophan? I read posts from a guy here from searching the archives and he said it seemed to help for him. I bought some this weekend but haven't tried any yet. They also mentioned lithium orotate was known to reduce norepinepherine levels, but nobody in Austin carries it any longer from what I can see.

#22 arvcondor

• 96 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:16 AM

Trazodone is a serotonin antagonist, not a z-drug. It won't cause the same problems.

I really admire you for not freaking out.

#23 wolfram9999

• Topic Starter
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:20 AM

Oh, I'm kind of freaked out. Lol at times I'm really cool, at other times, not so much.

Right now, for instance, my mind is relatively clear but my heart is racing like crazy. No idea why. Finished my evening walk 30 minutes ago so it shouldn't be elevated.

#24 arvcondor

• 96 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:58 AM

Any medical history? Anything weird in your life? There has to be something going on here we can grab onto.

#25 Tom_

• 1,120 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:15 PM

To expand on trazadone, its actually an SARI (Serotonin antagonist and re-uptake inhibitor). This means it is both an SRI (works the same way as SSRI's) and also an antagonist to certain serotonin receptors. However like most drugs it has other mechanisms of action that aren't directly related (or believed to be, to its antidepressant effect) and this is where most of its sedation comes from. It doesn't become much more sedating at higher doses and most of this sedation comes from 5ht2a, h1 antagonism (very weak and possibily insignifcant) and alpha1 anatagonism. Its not as potent a sedative as Mirtazapine, hence why I suggested mirtazapine over trazadone. Additionally in a small % of the popultion trazadone can actually be activating.

It does take the heart about an half an our after any exercise to return to normal. However this could be a physiological sign of anxiety. You have clearly stated you have been subject to a fair bit of stress in the last few months. It follows the evidence and my prediction...this is the most likely cause of your insomnia.

I would recommend against discontinuing the T. Changing to many meds at a time makes it very hard to know what is working and what is making it worse.

#26 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:02 PM

Why are you on TRT? How old are? You can  bring your test levels back up naturally with Tongkat ali most likely unless you have something seriously wrong with you. Once you get it up naturally you can keep it up through diet and exercise. I sure wouldn't want to be dependent on injecting Test to have balanced hormones. Doctors are so quick to just write a script of Test but don't mention any ways of trying to get it up first before shutting down all production. Its kinda sad really they don't realize how much they hurt people by handing out millions of pills and hormones without much thought.

• dislike x 1

#27 StevesPetRat

• 565 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:12 PM

I went through this for 3 weeks about a year ago and 2 months earlier this year, averaging 2 hours of sleep a night during those periods (and I know I wasn't getting micro sleeps etc. Brain was ON).

What helped the most was the non selective alpha blocker prazosin at a lowish dose. It blocks norepinephrine and epinephrine receptors. It can cause orthostatic hypotension so be careful if you get up to pee in the night.

With all the heart racing and such you are experiencing that's the avenue I would pursue.

Oh, also, once your sleep gets repaired you can probably come off it. The adrenaline response to sleep deprivation creates a vicious cycle, as prolonged stress lowers MAO activity, leaving one with chronically elevated adrenaline.

Edited by StevesPetRat, 25 June 2014 - 09:24 PM.

#28 adamh

• 1,013 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:31 AM

Wolfram999, first of all, l theanine is the same as theanine. It just mean the levo or left handed form as most amino acids are. As for what worked for me, I'm still struggling with it but the things that helped were not going to bed until I felt like sleeping. Going to bed at the same time only works for certain people, for most insomniacs it means laying there trying to will your self to sleep which does not work. Cutting back on the dose of what I was using helped, I found I do not need a large dose and went from using 50mg of seroquel to using 6mg though that only works if I'm not really roused up about something.

As for mirtazapine 15 to 30 mg being an overdose, what I meant was not that its a dangerous overdose, but that its way in excess of what will work. I kept chopping my 30mg tab in half, then in quarters and found a quarter worked just as well as a half which worked as well as a whole tab. Then I went with 1/8 and that worked just as well, then 1/16 which was hard to do but even that knocked me out. Last time I tried cutting 1/16 in half and the tiny crumb worked very well. Why use a lot if a little will do the job? I only use mirt once a week to avoid tolerance.

Buy theanine in bulk on ebay or amazon and take a 1/4 tsp and see if it works. If not so well, then go up on the dose. I use about a tablespoon and 1/2 or about 3gm and only 2x per week to avoid tolerance. Try valerian root, chamomile, and other things to see if they work for you. Trazodone does not do much for me at 50 - 100 mg but it works for some and is cheap. Good luck.

#29 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:15 AM

nuked 

Edited by prophets, 26 June 2014 - 04:16 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 arvcondor

• 96 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:11 AM

The adrenaline response to sleep deprivation creates a vicious cycle, as prolonged stress lowers MAO activity, leaving one with chronically elevated adrenaline.

This is so true and it's so shitty.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: insomnia, sudden insomnia, cant fall asleep, ambien, lunesta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users