- - - - -

How long does it take fish oil to start working

omega 3 epa dha

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nootrop1097

• 82 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:03 PM

The last time i supplemented with fish oil i took 6 grams every day and it took 10 weeks to notice any difference in my mood. This was about 1 year ago. I'm deciding to supplement with fish oil again. Would this mean it would take the same amount of time for fish oil to start working or would it work quicker this time round since my body has had experience from when i took them a year a go.

#2 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts
  • Location:From Hartford (Just 1/1/2014) Moved too Boston (jamica Plains)

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:42 AM

I can offer you serious tips I've picked up in my extensive experience regarding Life extension/enhancement (and nootropic regiments/molecules) regiments and molecules , self administration , serious research , administration too friends and family and my own bio-assays

Here's what I suggest

First off your dosing protocol is superb

As far as some augmentations And ways too potentate the life extension / nootropic aspects of omega 3s

Firstly omega 3s can be delicate and either oxidase or just be rendered weak in the gut too combat this I reccomend 3 supplements the vitamin E isn't up for question it's mandatory in this protocol

Split your omega3 dose into three split doses daily (with meals or a light snack that has some fat in it )
Vitamin E* as a mixed tocopherol blend
It can help protect the fragile omegas from oxidation and or peroxidation

(I'd rd reccomend the LEF lemon balm due too it's)

Rosemarinic acid* (content )
But any rosemary or sage extract will do fine )

And astaxanthin*

8-16mg preparations are common however for the first month take it twice daily *

Ubiquinol*(300-400 mg daily for first month after that 100-200 mg will be maintenance )
(Or the reduced form idebenone)
( if you can afford it biopqq as well as one of the reduced ubiquinone molecules works WONDERS if not add this one in once your omega 3 dose regiment is in maintenance and not deficiency correcting or bio loading stage ) *

AND The most important augmentation possible here is as such
Get any brand (drugstore brand) of krill oil* with 90 gelcaps
This is what I call omega 3 Supra supplementation as krill oil is highly preferable but has nowhere near enough EPA dha too be successful as a standalone (rare applications do apply for that that's neither here not there )
It contains a wealth of Pure phospholipids wich dramatically compliment omega 3 effects as well as potentate them almost immediately
And they all contain astaxanthin as well ( don't skimp out on the standalone astaxanthin though )

Piracetam *(doses between 500 mg-2.5 grams daily in three split doses )
Piracetam is looked upon generally speaking as a nootropic cognitive enhancer
However it should be a part of any life extension regimen due too it's multiple broad applications and methods of action and it synergizes and potentates many of fish oils cardiovascular and veinuous health properties , (it pro modulates so many biological processes it is like the magnesium of nootropic life extension molecules )

If it was me for the first three months if stick too this regiment and I would add

81mg of baby aspirin bi daily as a compliment too fish oil and piracetams platelet aggregate/blood thinning effects
If your after more nootropic based effects substitute the aspirin with a standardized Gingko extract once daily

As well as a high quality (Drs best makes the best multi curcuminoid extract that includes bio perine as well ) curcuminoid extract too compliment the Life Extension and or Enhancement effects ( specifically CoX inhibition , all the science indicates Aspirin-81mg, Curcuminoids, omega 3 in unison too have such strong immediate CoX effects that they rival any OTC pain reliever and downstream the anti cancerous effect can't be beat )

I also use huperzine a with that exact regiment
As beyond nootropic effects it has been used for arterial health for hundreds of years in china , plus if your looking for nootropic effects the dose can be titrated at your disgression ( around 25mcg upwards from base dose a week until you are satisfied ) for health not nootropic effects 50mcg once daily will do it

Try this for the first 45 days then repost and or private message me
If you use this formula as I have described you will not believe the measurable changes in your overall physical health , your Mood!, Skin appearance and general tone , and you will unlock fish oils true nootropic / life extension properties as well

Thing is , omega3s are delicate they need protection (rosemarinic acid , vitamin E ,
  • dislike x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 nootrop1097

• Topic Starter
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:47 AM

you said omega 3 are delicate and need protection. The fishoil im taking is Natures own Odorless and it contains concentrated orange juice. would the orange juice destroy the omega 3's.

#4 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:21 AM

Google that and I will as well I'll post back in the am partner be easy 1
  • dislike x 1

#5 Tom_

• 1,120 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:01 PM

2 grams is enough. The body doesn't have a 'memory' of what you take. The closest to a memory is up/down regulation. This wouldn't apply to something like omega 3 and a year is a long time. 1-3 months is the standard response time. So you can expect results by 10 weeks, if it works. Of course the pultry amount of evidence there is for isn't exactly promising and any benefit you felt could well have been placebo.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#6 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:38 PM

Your a knowledgeable poster and I highly respect your broad ranging level of understanding and compendium upon the likes of (poly) pharmacodynamics is impressive , fish oil is tricky even with downstream prostaglandin use what I mean is opposed too rate limited or even bell curve selective substances Fish oil supplementation and more specifically High omega3s supplemented with a bioavailable Phospholipid substrate is some what like PQQ not structurally or in its MOA but in how these compounds go about re-rejuvenating at a cellular (kinda what I'm getting at ) level and essentially work they're way outwardly effects wise my hypothesis being that the compound of omega 3 is generally at a deficiency level at best in the American under class and middle class

All that aside that regiment introduced in place of a statin drug for mothers cardio issues lowered her bad cholesterol 89 points in 30 days ( it is of note before this she was on maintenance at a gram omegas a day and that her good cholesterol went up thirty two points as well as her BP and slowly (over 2 months ) her pulse returned too normal but I did add in magnesium and jiaogulan for Bp pulse and augmentation too expedite cholesterol effects)

I take a slight vAr of the same protocol in my stack and my Bp And. blood levels of Everything are amazing and that's in vivo

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: omega 3, epa, dha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users