Cycloastragenol/TA65 vs Astragalus Root

ta65 cycloastragenol

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gt35r

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:57 AM

As we now know Cycloastragenol is the same as Ta-65 (common active ingredient)

As been discussed in some threads in the past astragaloside IV does not seem to be as effective as Cycloastragenol.

How much Astragalus root (raw or extract) would need to be consumed to achieve the 5mg dose of  Cycloastragenol (thats the lowest offered dose)  ? 

#2 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:58 AM

Wait, what!! How then did someone on these forums do trials of both these and find Astragaloside IV worked and cycloastragenol was ineffective? This was with proper telomere testing. I think the jury is still out on this one.

#3 holdout

• 37 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:51 PM

TA-65 is a brand name of a dietary supplement.  It basically stands for "Telomerase Activator for seniors 65+ looking to stop ageing".  It's disclosed right on the label that the active ingredient is indeed cycloastragenol, however the manufacturer claims that it's prepared by a patented process to create a proprietary "bio-enhanced" formulation, which I presume improves bioavailability.  Anecdotal postings online from people prove that via chromosomal testing, their telomeres on immune cells do indeed grow longer after taking cycloastragenol.  Both astragaloside IV and cycloastragenol elongate telomeres.  TA-65 comes with a hefty price tag (and obvious price-fixing as you won't find a good sale price on it anywhere) so regular astragalus supplements quickly become more attractive.  One can just take a mega dosage of astragalus and reap some benefits rather than toss their wallet away at TA-65.

So to answer your question: while I don't know what exact dose will yield the same telomere elongation, you can safely take up to 3,000 mg of astragalus root each day and get satisfactory results in the long run.  Take it with meals, but not with dairy.

Edited by holdout, 14 July 2014 - 08:51 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 GreenPower

• 201 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:40 PM

I think the jury is still out on whether Cycloastragenol and/or AIV actually extends telomeres or not when taken orally. As I've mentioned a few times before in these subforums I think AIV might possible do some short term good but there's also a risk it does long term damage.

5 mg Cycloastragenol have been kind of a lowest common denominator among different vendors. Please note, though, that the manufacturer of TA65 actually recommends a dose based on your weight. In their UK application for TA65 they recommend users to take a maximum of 0.133mg/kg body weight/day. A 75kg person is therefore suggested to take a maximum of 10 mg/day and a 100 kg person should by the same recommendations take a maximum of 13.3 mg per day. Not that they have ever presented any data to back these numbers...

If you take large doses of Astragalus, and your not a woman in fertile age, always include checks for Iron in your annual health checks. You don't want to accumulate to much iron in your body.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ta65, cycloastragenol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users