34 replies to this topic

#31 SuicidalTraveler

• 25 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 09:09 AM

Push.

#32 ironfistx

• 1,172 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 06:27 PM

aconita, are there studies showing that professional boxers get Parkinson's?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 October 2016 - 09:29 PM

It seems there is none in Pubmed but evidence is there to be seen, look at Alì, Freddy Roach and even Pacquiao now....just to name a few famous ones.

Repeated head traumas are not kind of healthy for sure, so to speak.

#34 Mr.No

• 50 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 December 2016 - 10:20 PM

I highly doubt that bone loss could to significant changes/ sagging of the face. Bones do not lose their shape when we age, they rather lose density and inner architechture. I attribuate the changes you realize to a loss of subcutaneous fat, muscle and skin elasticity. Do your research on Retin-A. The skin gets thinner first but becomes thicker with time of use (maxium effects after a year!). Muscle can be built by good nutrition. Protein is critical. Too much leads to accelerated muscle mass in aging indiviuals too. Tomatidine is known to prevent muscle loss. The loss of facial fat is probably the most stubborn problem. Can be adressed by using fillers such as hyaluronic acid which is expensive because it has to be repeated every few months. Sun screen also prevents loss of subcutaneous fat to a certain degree.

http://www.livescien...ing-110104.html

https://www.scienced...00323121836.htm

#35 Boopy!

• 201 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 12:12 AM

This doesn't fully address the problem or we wouldn't see so many pillow faced stars.   At a certain point the muscle must be lifted or even the skeletal structure -- which WILL shrink,   even the head itself does as we age --  and not only stuffing fat into a face.   It will never look good,   from the many I've seen with this,   since it's puffy and not the real face.    I'll have to try tomatidine,   but as far as bone goes  I don't see how it could stay the same,   no matter how healthy.   Gravity alone,   plus the rigors of walking and lifting,   etc.,  will chip away at the bone bank.   I do like the healthy full face as long as it is natural looking though.   I also like a thin structured but HEALTHY one,   just not weird looking.   So if one is naturally thinner in the face I would go for more of the chiseled look.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: face, skin sag

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users