• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bugme

• Guest Banned
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:47 PM

Hi,

Please check and comment on my regimen!

I'm planning to make myself a genius/savant :p Actually, I'm trying to improve myself to be able to be the fittest and the smartest..

I'm currently in college for Mechanical Engineering with 20 credit hours per sem..

I want to be able to so easily win scholastic competitions like World Memory thingy, or fitness competitions like Crossfit Games.

With no limit on my budget (I have a scholarship, and on-campus job), what do you think about my regimen?

Please don't tell me to better save my money somewhere else. I've saved enough for 5 years. :p

/Start/

Morning

Whey (24g protein) before and after 2 hr morning workout;

alternate days high intensity strength (ends with 30 min cardio to prevent arterial stiffening) and cardio; everyday leg day for maximum HGH

Multivitamin (Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin D3, Natural Vitamin E, Choline Bitartrate, Inositol, Lecithin, Lysine, Molybdenum, Manganese, Iron, Zinc, Potassium, Magnesium),

Ginkgo Biloba tablet 40mg,

Fish oil (180EPA + 120DHA) x2,

Baby aspirin 81mg,

Piracetam 2.4g,

MSM, Condroitin, Glucosamine 500mg,

Herbal extracts tablet (Ginkgo Biloba Extract, Gotu Kola, Siberian Ginseng, Bee Pollen, Royal Jelly, Sage, Kelp)

during a vegetarian breakfast

with BG22 Oat Bran powder (1.8g Beta-Glucan) as drink.

1 hr brain training (Tetris, N-Back & mental arithmetic; progressively more challenging)

Afternoon

Whey (24g protein),

during a vegetarian lunch.

45min nap.

Night

Whey (24g protein),

Piracetam 2.4g,

during vegetarian dinner

with BG22 Oat Bran powder (1.8g Beta-Glucan) as drink.

30min brain training (Tetris, N-Back & mental arithmetic; progressively more challenging),

1 hr strength training (ends with 30min cardio)

before at least 8 hr sleep.

/End/

All of those while studying for MechEng, trying to get 4.0 and double major in Math, trying for some math competition as well.

Note: The multivitamin and herbal extract tablet are from 21st Century; Ginkgo Biloba tablet and Fish oil are from Nature's Way, BG22 Oat Bran powder is from Biogrow.

General Lifestyle:

I reserve Fridays as fasting days in accordance with intermittent fasting.

I don't smoke tobacco or weed; no AAS; I avoid drugs for simple illnesses (if I do catch).

Uses sunscreen (Broad-Spectrum UVA+UVB SPF50+) when going out at afternoon.

I vaccinate annually with flu shots (without thiomersal) and occasionally a booster dose for each of the viruses.

I try to learn new skills everyday. (eg. juggling, piano, new language) 

There are some issues I know present within my regimen. Namely:

1. Multivitamin - Presence of Iron, Magnesium, Zinc. Vitamins are above the RDA.

2. Oat Bran powder - Will dietary fibre impair absorption of proteins?

3. Vegetarian diet?

4. Fish oil is having some bad reputations lately.

I'm trying to fit in some other supplements and lifestyle changes. Anyone can comment when to put them in?

1. Calcium & Strontium(?) - Was told to 'store up' on calcium in bones before aged.

2. Resveratrol - Lots of goodies but worried it will interfere with the workouts.

3. Meditation - Said to be able to induce neurogenesis.

4. High-dose Vitamin C - Popular advice, Linus Pauling?

5. ALA - Better alternative to EPA/DHA?

6. CoQ10 - Heart health

7. TA-65 - Telomere aging thingy

I'm welcoming any comments or critique against my regimen. I'm projecting till 2018 for a new and improved me to enter the workforce as a fresh executive.

Edited by bugme, 29 June 2014 - 08:51 PM.

• Ill informed x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#2 Faustina

• 15 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 11:25 AM

I'm not an expert but I think your use of fish oil and baby asprin is a bit worrying their is a lot of concern in the medical community regarding a daily dose of asprin and many deaths are linked to it. By taking the fish oil and the baby asprin together you are increasing your risk.

I do think Co-enzyme Q 10 is a great supplement to take for energy and general health, I have had good experiances with it and I do recommend meditation. I previously did matra meditation and I felt it was very benifical, Ireally need to start again!

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 recon

• 192 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:58 PM

I'm not an expert but I think your use of fish oil and baby asprin is a bit worrying their is a lot of concern in the medical community regarding a daily dose of asprin and many deaths are linked to it. By taking the fish oil and the baby asprin together you are increasing your risk.

I do think Co-enzyme Q 10 is a great supplement to take for energy and general health, I have had good experiances with it and I do recommend meditation. I previously did matra meditation and I felt it was very benifical, Ireally need to start again!

What’s wrong with the fish oils?
Is it the blood thinning effect?

#4 dazed1

• 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 November 2017 - 12:42 PM

What i would do...

Ginkgo Biloba tablet 40mg,  - replace with coq10 ubiquinol and toctorienol

Fish oil (180EPA + 120DHA) x2 - ok

Baby aspirin 81mg,   - replace wtih venous optimizer - jarrows.

Piracetam 2.4g,      - replace with Na- R ALA

MSM, Condroitin, Glucosamine 500mg,  - replace with NAG + Hyaluronic Acid Chondroitin Sulfate

#5 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 06:01 AM

1000 mg liposomal vitamin C 3 -6 times a day

make sure you are not taking more than 100mg B6 daily -- any more can cause permanent nerve damage

add some goji

#6 recon

• 192 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 04:35 AM

What i would do...

Ginkgo Biloba tablet 40mg, - replace with coq10 ubiquinol and toctorienol

Baby aspirin 81mg, - replace wtih venous optimizer - jarrows.

Piracetam 2.4g, - replace with Na- R ALA

MSM, Condroitin, Glucosamine 500mg, - replace with NAG + Hyaluronic Acid Chondroitin Sulfate

I’d say keep the glucosamine for potential anti-aging effects.

make sure you are not taking more than 100mg B6 daily -- any more can cause permanent nerve damage

add some goji

What do you think of Pureway-C? It’s a patented form of vitamin C said to enter cells better. Do you think it’s equivalent to liposomal?

#7 recon

• 192 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 04:38 AM

I’d recommend the stack to remove the piracetam. There’s no need for it. I think for preventative measures against dementia, probably a lower dose will do.

I’d also say replace whey protein with some vegan protein source with lower methionine. Separately supplement glycine.

#8 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 05:55 AM

What do you think of Pureway-C? It’s a patented form of vitamin C said to enter cells better. Do you think it’s equivalent to liposomal?

Don't know anything about it.

But ..

It's not patented (patent pending means an application has been filed a provisional application costs $260) https://www.uspto.go...schedule#Patent Fees

"PureWay-C® is a clinically proven and patent pending new form of vitamin C that contains vitamin C-lipid metabolites and bioflavonoids. Recently published scientific research has shown that PureWay-C® outperforms other leading forms of vitamin C in terms of metabolic functions. PureWay-C® offers better immune protection, more potent antioxidant and higher free radical scavenging capabilities. PureWay-C® is also more rapidly absorbed and more highly retained in human cells."

http://www.innlabs.com/purewayc.html

The studies cited are from 2007

https://www.medscimo...ex/idArt/475504 -- free download of the paper

Edited by sensei, 26 December 2017 - 06:08 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#9 dazed1

• 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 December 2017 - 12:45 PM

What i would do...

Ginkgo Biloba tablet 40mg, - replace with coq10 ubiquinol and toctorienol

Baby aspirin 81mg, - replace wtih venous optimizer - jarrows.

Piracetam 2.4g, - replace with Na- R ALA

MSM, Condroitin, Glucosamine 500mg, - replace with NAG + Hyaluronic Acid Chondroitin Sulfate

I’d say keep the glucosamine for potential anti-aging effects.

add some goji

N Acetyl Glucosamine is better.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stack, genius, savant, brain, regimen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users