• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

My first stack and questions. suggestions anyone??

questions newbie first stack

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aiojou

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:22 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm AiOjou 23/F. I'm studying Computer Science and Electrical Engineering. I was diagnosed with ADD as a child but never took medication for it...and I am paying for that now in college, I'm a senior. I graduate in December! Oh, and I'm vegan.

Now. Things I'm wanting to fix with the stack:

- motivation - unmotivated to do work a lot of times 

- verbal fluency 

- focus

- brain fog

Special note: caffeine makes me sleepy. If I have more than a half a cup of coffee I am just moving slowly, get really sleepy. I drank a red bull once only half and was out cold.

Things I would like to have in the stack (these include multi-v's as well) :

Creatine 

Choline/ vit B's

Omega-3-6 / fish oil, flax oil 

Magnesium

zine

iodine 

artichoke actract

ashwagandha

forskolin

lion's mane

alma berries / gooseberries(vit c)

fisetin (found in strawberries)

galantamine (found in red spider lily)

gotu kola

maca

mucuna puriens 

Modafinil or Tyrosine 

Piracetam or Oxiracetam 

ciltep stack

Now. questions:

Is this too much for my first stack? 

Which is better Modafinil or Tyrosine? 

How should I go about taking these? I have read a good amount of threads on each of the above to try and get correct measurements (that of which I will probably post later). 

I would like to start taking these in mid or end July. 

Thank you in advance for helping!  :happy:

#2 ModaMinds

• 83 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:20 PM

As far as modafinil vs tyrosine, modafinil is more for long-term focus and endurance whereas tyrosine is for short-term memory, so they're not easily comparable. However, modafinil right off the bat is a generally big step to take before trying your other alternatives. Your racetams, for example, can provide some of the focus that modafinil can provide, and paired with tyrosine can provide some good memory benefits.

For your stack, it does indeed seem like quite a lot to be taking initially. For one, it is imperative you take each item in your stack one at a time so you know exactly how they affect you. Your list is a lot to work through, whereas if you take them simultaneously you won't be able to attribute any positive, negative, or neutral effects to any one substance which would help you eliminate or substitute items from your stack if necessary.

I would suggest starting out with the very basics. Your tyrosine, a racetam, and bacopa would be good to see how well you can accomplish your four goals, then you can gradually add in the other substances you wanted to pursue or research some items that could help alleviate any lasting issues you have after starting on a small stack.

Edited by ModaMinds, 29 June 2014 - 10:23 PM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 bracconiere

• 129 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:01 AM

I'm not to up on this stuff but wouldn't phenylalanine be better than tyrosine, due to the fact that the brain has to add the hydroxide after it crosses the BBB or it won't be able to cross it? not that monoamine oxidase would leave either alone before turning them into phenyl acetic acid

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: questions, newbie, first stack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users