• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Anyone here who's on T replacement therapy?

trt safety

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 tfor

• 202 posts
  • 19 â‚®

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:09 PM

I'm on T replacement. I am currently using gels.

The gel seems to be working. At my last lab test my T levels were in the middle of the normal range. Definitely higher than last time.

But there are a few things which worry me:

1) Testicle shrinkage. My testicles have shrunk quite a lot. When the scrotum is drawn towards the body I can hardly feel them anymore!

They have gotten smaller and also feel much softer than before. This is not good. I already asked my endo if I could inject hcg but he declined.

Hcg isn't allowed for use in males and the insurance would not cover it.

But what if the shrinkage doesn't stop what if the testicles keep getting smaller and smaller and smaller?

Are there are natural supplements which could raise the LH so that the testicles keep producing at least a bit of own T? Or is this impossible when

you're on TRT?

Another issue is that I'm on antidepressants. So even if there are herbs which could raise LH I needed to be sure that they are safe with antidepressants.

2) I also worry about the safety of the gel itself. These gels contain a lot of chemicals and I apply 5gram of this stuff to my skin daily. What if on the long

run you poison your body with the chemicals in the gels?

3) I also worry about the safety of the gel sacchets. The sacchets are made of aluminium foil or something like that. But they are lined with a thin plastic

foil on the inside. Now I worry what if the plastic contains harmful xenoestrogens which then get into the gel? The gel contains alcohol and it's in direct

contact with the plastic foil. I thought about calling the company and ask them about this but I bet that they will just give me a generic answer even if they

have no clue if their stuff is safe or not. :sad:

Edited by tfor, 29 June 2014 - 11:11 PM.

#2 Jembe

• 92 posts
  • 21 â‚®

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:43 AM

From what I've read and heard from users, long or mixed ester injection is the only satisfying solution for TRT.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 tfor

• Topic Starter
  • 202 posts
  • 19 â‚®

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:58 PM

I can only say that so far the gel seems to work. I am also not keen on injections.

#4 Nemo888

• 214 posts
  • 71 â‚®

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:18 PM

From what I've read and heard from users, long or mixed ester injection is the only satisfying solution for TRT.

That is bro science. Bodybuilders wanting 20 to 100 times human normal levels of testosterone to get huge muscles. You can easily top out the normal range with topical. If you want to go outside of normal parameters accept the responsibility for the risk.

#5 tfor

• Topic Starter
  • 202 posts
  • 19 â‚®

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:42 PM

That is bro science. Bodybuilders wanting 20 to 100 times human normal levels of testosterone to get huge muscles. You can easily top out the normal range with topical. If you want to go outside of normal parameters accept the responsibility for the risk.

If the normal range goes from 250-1000ng/ml then what would happen if you had levels above 1000 ng/ml? Like for example 1200 or 1500?

Would this already be dangerous?

I wonder how high the levels of bodybuilders are which take really huge amounts of roids.

Or what would they do if a person had naturally very high levels above 1000ng/ml? Would they try to lower them?

#6 Anewlife

• 210 posts
  • 10 â‚®

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:52 PM

I was on it for years. Unless you are very low its bullshit. By low I mean skirting the lower end of the range. It causes aging too. Lowering your LH suppresses other hormones in the body...

If you want HRT I think DHEA, pregnenelone and progesterone may be better but I have no tried them.

I suggest staying away from TRT.

Edited by Anewlife, 15 August 2014 - 06:54 PM.

#7 Nemo888

• 214 posts
  • 71 â‚®

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:13 AM

I was on it for years. Unless you are very low its bullshit. By low I mean skirting the lower end of the range. It causes aging too. Lowering your LH suppresses other hormones in the body...

If you want HRT I think DHEA, pregnenelone and progesterone may be better but I have no tried them.

I suggest staying away from TRT.

Good advice. I am only on it because I have a brain injury from the army and am over 40.

#8 tfor

• Topic Starter
  • 202 posts
  • 19 â‚®

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:07 AM

but my T is borderline low and it has been since age 20!

i need TRT. i have been on gel and it raised my levels to midrange. i feel that it makes a difference but the gel is annoying and i want higher levels.

what sucks though is that my balls shrink a lot. this worries me. i dont care about fertility but i worry about the balls getting infinitely small.

i dont think that raising T is as easy as simply adding DHEA. DHEA can be converted into estrogens too. who guarantees me that it wont raise my E2?

#9 Anewlife

• 210 posts
  • 10 â‚®

Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:02 AM

Yeah that's what I thought. Never underestimate the placebo effect and underlying psychological disorders.

Guys who need trt have erection problems, sore or tingling nipples... the only thing hard in the morning is getting out of bed or your legs are more restless than your hands at night (rls). In the absence of other lifestyle deficiencies such as exercise, diet and general health.

Edited by Anewlife, 06 September 2014 - 11:02 AM.

#10 tfor

• Topic Starter
  • 202 posts
  • 19 â‚®

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:23 PM

What do you mean?

I have no libido at all. I also have little muscle mass and depression. I have all the symptoms.

I just doubt that taking DHEA would solve this. If it was that easy everyone simply needed that DHEA.

#11 Anewlife

• 210 posts
  • 10 â‚®

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:09 AM

Muscle mass is myostatin not T.

Low T should cause physical fatigue and poor concentration more so than depression.

Just trying to be objective.

Edited by Anewlife, 12 September 2014 - 01:10 AM.

#12 tfor

• Topic Starter
  • 202 posts
  • 19 â‚®

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:18 PM

And what exactly do you mean with this?

Are you saying I have too little myostatin?

Can this be corrected?

I only know that when I tried t-gel I felt like my shoulders put on a little more muscle mass.

Now I'm running out of gel and I am already losing the muscle mass it's crazy!

It's like my body fights against it.

Back when I still worked out I had a totally hard time gaining and maintaining muscle mass.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#13 Anewlife

• 210 posts
  • 10 â‚®

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:18 AM

Shoulders respond best to testosterone more so than other muscles.

It's bs anyway your body attractiveness is mostly bone structure. It's a very autistic narcissistic topic but more muscle on top of a toned body won't help much.

Go on YouTube and look up self actualization what women want. And learn mauy Thai. Body building is over rated.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trt, safety

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users